Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best lager in the world?

+10
Sluffy
Reebok Trotter
Keegan
Bernard Dennis Park
WhiteBic
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
Mr Magoo
Angry Dad
largehat
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Best lager in the world? Empty Best lager in the world? Tue Jul 24 2012, 15:42

I consider myself a bit of a lager connoisseur, and while I haven't exactly covered the globe I have been to a fair few countries to sample their beers and spirits. I'm also a regular visitor to beer festivals in the UK and Europe. If you could have just one glass or bottle of lager what would it be? I'm hoping for some answers that I've yet to sample so I can try and track them down.

2Best lager in the world? Empty Re: Best lager in the world? Tue Jul 24 2012, 15:45

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Steinlager from New Zealand.

3Best lager in the world? Empty Re: Best lager in the world? Tue Jul 24 2012, 15:46

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Colt 45 for me.

4Best lager in the world? Empty Re: Best lager in the world? Tue Jul 24 2012, 16:17

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Artois, topic ended Very Happy

5Best lager in the world? Empty Re: Best lager in the world? Tue Jul 24 2012, 16:53

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I also consider myself a bit of a lager connoisseur. I hate Fosters, Carling, Carlsberg, Budweiser and most of the other mass-produced beers in this country. Why is it that the most bland lagers in the world just happen to be the most available over here?

My answer is either Heineken or Efes.

6Best lager in the world? Empty Re: Best lager in the world? Tue Jul 24 2012, 16:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not a big lager drinker, but if I had to choose it would be Amstel.

7Best lager in the world? Empty Re: Best lager in the world? Tue Jul 24 2012, 16:56

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm not a big lager drinker, but if I had to choose it would be Amstel.

Good shout.

I don't know of a single shit Dutch beer.

Amstel, Heineken, Bavaria, Oranjeboom, Lynx...

8Best lager in the world? Empty Re: Best lager in the world? Tue Jul 24 2012, 17:03

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Zywiec Beer

The offy next door started stocking this for a few of the Polish guys that lives near me. I gave it a wirl and my god its good.

Best lager in the world? Polish-beer-zywiec

Tyskie is another good lager from Poland. Go on guys go to the offy tonight and buy as few, go on, treat yourself Smile

9Best lager in the world? Empty Re: Best lager in the world? Tue Jul 24 2012, 17:10

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Kaliber.

10Best lager in the world? Empty Re: Best lager in the world? Tue Jul 24 2012, 19:11

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Red Stripe.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

11Best lager in the world? Empty Re: Best lager in the world? Tue Jul 24 2012, 19:48

Thanks for the contributions, I'm going to hunt down some Zywiec beer.

12Best lager in the world? Empty Re: Best lager in the world? Tue Jul 24 2012, 21:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like a beer myself. A few years ago the off licences used to sell an Argentinian lager called Iguazu. It was 5% and very nice. Cuzqueno and Brahma are also very moorish.

13Best lager in the world? Empty Re: Best lager in the world? Tue Jul 24 2012, 23:11

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I bought a Zywiec from B&M last year and remember being disappointed.

14Best lager in the world? Empty Re: Best lager in the world? Tue Jul 24 2012, 23:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some of the Polish beers are too strong. Half of the poles must be pissed out of their brains. The Russians are just as bad with the Vodka. Have a look at this chuffing hunt in the background. Sniffing Bitchumen ? Whatever next ?

15Best lager in the world? Empty Re: Best lager in the world? Tue Jul 24 2012, 23:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Kaliber.

Very Happy

As for Polish beers, they are quite common around where I live -

Best lager in the world? Polish_beer_brands

The four on the left seem to be in every shop, even the Tesco and Sainsbury's. I've tried all of these four and not found them to be anything special.

I quite like one of these myself...

Best lager in the world? San-miguel

...but they taste the best to me when I'm supping one at some place nice and sunny such as the Canaries!

16Best lager in the world? Empty Re: Best lager in the world? Tue Jul 24 2012, 23:31

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lech is a nice one.

Tskyie is a bit disappointing.

17Best lager in the world? Empty Re: Best lager in the world? Tue Jul 24 2012, 23:34

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A free one...

18Best lager in the world? Empty Re: Best lager in the world? Wed Jul 25 2012, 11:21

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:

As for Polish beers, they are quite common around where I live -

Best lager in the world? Polish_beer_brands

SABMiller purchased a majority share in the Lech and Tyskie breweries in 1995 so even they are part of mass production nowadays!

PLus one would be surprised at how many beers AB-Inbev produce - some you may even think are independent.

I really don not like Bavaria beer - upsets my stomach every time I drink it.

Oranjeboom is ok.

Heineken is much of a mass produced beer nowadays, although the Heineken dark is nice!

Grolsch is ok.

Amstel only drink that is nothing else decent on draught.

Jan Hertog is good, and cheap in supermarkets :-)

Natte - an Amsterdam micro-brewery beer is sweet but very addictive.

19Best lager in the world? Empty Re: Best lager in the world? Wed Jul 25 2012, 11:28

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Kaliber.

Anyone who drinks Kaliber is nothing but a pretentious big girls blouse and a pansy to boot.

20Best lager in the world? Empty Re: Best lager in the world? Wed Jul 25 2012, 11:53

Love a ice cold bottle of Corona in the summertime, also when I was in Germany a couple of years ago there was a lager called Paulaner which is really nice. Unfortunately not seen it in any shops over here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum