Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best lager in the world?

+10
Sluffy
Reebok Trotter
Keegan
Bernard Dennis Park
WhiteBic
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
Mr Magoo
Angry Dad
largehat
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Best lager in the world? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best lager in the world? Wed Jul 25 2012, 12:34

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

OneOinCoyle wrote:Love a ice cold bottle of Corona in the summertime, also when I was in Germany a couple of years ago there was a lager called Paulaner which is really nice. Unfortunately not seen it in any shops over here.

Try Asda - last time I was home, a few weeks ago, they had it in the speciality beers (where you can get the flip-top grolsch). Paulaner is a great beer - good call.

22Best lager in the world? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best lager in the world? Wed Jul 25 2012, 12:59

Unfortunately there isn't an Asda close to were I live. Can buy 12 bottles off the internet for £20 plus £5 P&P.

23Best lager in the world? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best lager in the world? Thu Jul 26 2012, 08:01

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I prefer a good Dark German Beer like Kaltenberg König Ludwig Dunkel, however if you want a Lager (or Hell as it is known here) then I would offer Tegernseer Hell or Spezial. Absolutely lovely Beer, much better than the (very good) Paulaner Hell. One that I did see in the UK was from my local town, Erdinger Beer, but I think it was the Weissbier, not the Hell.

Best lager in the world? - Page 2 Brauha11

24Best lager in the world? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best lager in the world? Thu Jul 26 2012, 09:16

mark leach

mark leach
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Erdinger is a good lager. I drank it on holiday in Crete.

25Best lager in the world? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best lager in the world? Thu Jul 26 2012, 10:10

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Erdinger is a great "wheat" beer - seem to drink it during summer (*1) months

Warsteiner - nice cool refreshing pilsener drink. Again its good to drink during the summer(*1) months

(*1) - when it is actually dry, warm and sun is out

26Best lager in the world? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best lager in the world? Thu Jul 26 2012, 10:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I went out last night for a few drinks and the pub was pushing a Dutch bottled beer called "Desperados", a tequila flavoured beer. I rather enjoyed it!

27Best lager in the world? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best lager in the world? Thu Jul 26 2012, 10:28

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I didn't even realise that Desperados was Dutch - thought it was a mass-produced South American drink!!! Don't like those drinks anyway (that, Sol and Corona).

Just looked it up - its not even based on any South American beers - its French through and through.

All of the bottled beers only one I do like is Grolsch and has to be the flip-top bottles.

About 3 weeks ago had 3 tequila-jager-bombs followed by a cheeky vimto and well as the normal beer!!!! Didn't even get a hangover!!!

Talking of which (promotion time - apologies) - if in Amsterdam over these summer months my favourite bar has an off of 4xbottles of Sol for €10, as well as the usual 10 shots for €10 (choice of jager/silverstrike/pink vodka/sourze (green and red) - but has to be 10 of the same)

Last edited by bwfc71 on Thu Jul 26 2012, 10:30; edited 1 time in total

28Best lager in the world? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best lager in the world? Thu Jul 26 2012, 10:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thinking about it, it said brewed in Holland on the bottle, but I guess that means nothing really does it.

29Best lager in the world? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best lager in the world? Thu Jul 26 2012, 10:31

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

No worries, they sell it over here and I thought it was part of the AB-inbev group, which it isn't!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum