Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zach Clough thanks Wanderers as he makes Nottingham Forest move

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Zach Clough has sent a message of thanks to Wanderers for helping make his “dreams come true.”

After sealing a move to Nottingham Forest on transfer deadline day, the striker, who first joined the Bolton ranks at the age of eight, tweeted a statement to express his gratitude to the club and its supporters.

“What an unforgettable journey I had at Bolton,” he wrote. “I would like to thank the club, all the staff, fans and very good friends I have made at BWFC for everything you have done for me over the past 13 years as without you guys I wouldn’t have made my dreams come true and created so many memories I will never forget!

“I am gutted I can’t be part of the continued promotion push, I now have a job to do at NFFC, but I am sure with the squad the gaffer has assembled they will fight to the end and I hope to see BWFC back in the Championship next season!

“I will never forget and follow such an amazing family club.

“Good luck to everyone associated with the club. #BWFCFamily.”

Clough signed a four-and-a-half year contract at the City Ground and is due to make his debut against Aston Villa this weekend. Although the fee is officially undisclosed, it has been reported that Forest paid £3million for his services.

The 21-year-old made 68 appearances in all for Wanderers and scored 22 goals, leading the charts this season with nine.

Zach's dad, Paul, also sent a message to the club via Twitter in which he thanked academy coaches for their hard work in helping his son along the path to professional football.

“St Joseph’s School, September 2002, is where is all began with the BWFC pre-academy. Seems a long time ago. It has been a real rollercoaster ride.

“The club at the time was perfect for Zach to develop his talent and become the person he is today.

“I would like to thank all the coaches and staff at BWFC who have given Zach all their unlimited time and support, it has been an absolute pleasure to be part of this great football club.

“The list would be never-ending if we had to thank everyone connected with the club.

“I would like to thank David Lee and Tony Kelly from the then-youth set-up – they gave Zach the belief and desire to think ‘hang on a minute, I might just make it.’

“In terms of moving, no-one ever knows if they are doing the right thing. For me, there is only one way to find out and that is to go for it. You only live once and with a very heavy heart that is exactly what has been done.

“It’s ironic that the choice is Nottingham Forest but we think it feels spot on.

“I wish BWFC all the luck in the world going forward. It has been a pleasure to be a part of BWFC.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum