Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phil Parkinson: Zach Clough sale to Forest can end financial uncertainty at Wanderers

+3
wanderlust
NickFazer
karlypants
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson admits the sale of Zach Clough may have been a necessary evil to ease financial pressure on the club.

Nottingham Forest managed to snap the 21-year-old striker up minutes before deadline for a reported fee of £3million plus add-ons.

The news hit hard among Wanderers fans, particularly after chairman Ken Anderson had pledged the Whites’ young stars would not leave in the window unless a significant offer was received.

Parkinson was disappointed to lose a player who has supplied his side with nine goals this season, and who was among the most creative in the squad.

But the manager urged Bolton fans to take into consideration the financial issues which have stacked up this season – which include his squad being paid their January wage late.

“No manager likes to lose his best players,” he told The Bolton News.

“But when the contract offered to the player is a life-changing one it is difficult to stand in their way.

“More importantly it eases the financial burden on the football club, the uncertainty.

“If it was needed to take some pressure off paying wages, or making sure we don’t get winding up orders then it will help everyone.

“I didn’t want to lose Zach but there is a bigger picture.”

Clough sent a message of thanks to the supporters via his Twitter account after ending a long association with the club that started at the age of eight.

And Parkinson paid tribute to his

“We wish him all the best,” he said. “I have to give him every credit for the way he has conducted himself under a lot of speculation, not just this week but also the previous transfer window.

“You look at how other professionals and how they have handled that kind of thing but Zach has never given me a moment’s problem.”

Meanwhile, Wanderers are waiting on clearance from the Football League to sign ex-Bradford City winger Filipe Morais.

The Portuguese wide man was released on Tuesday at Valley Parade and is well known to Parkinson, who signed him from Stevenage in 2014.

“We are actively looking to bring in some free agents to further enhance the team with the two available slots open to us,” Ken Anderson confirmed yesterday.

Anderson also voiced his thoughts on the Clough transfer via a statement on the official website.

He said: "It was a very tough decision to let Zach go, especially as he had been at the club since a very young age.

"We received several bids for him and we held out to get the best offer we could for him. The deal helps us out from a financial point of view during what is a very challenging time and we didn’t want to stand in his way.

"Everybody at the club would like to thank him for serving Bolton Wanderers with such distinction and we wish him well for the future."

Source

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Disappointing but was inevitable I guess, he should get game time there to show he can perform regularly in the Championship.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just hope that if the money is to be used to "end financial uncertainty" that it is sufficient - not just to see us through to the end of the season but to ensure we will be safe next year if we don't get promoted. I just get a feeling that we are still walking the tightrope.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm not sure we can afford to get promoted. How are we going to compete back in the Champs and still be skint. Hopefully KA secures some sort of investment from an outside party if we do get promoted. Still not to worry about that until it happens.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:I'm not sure we can afford to get promoted. 

:facepalm:

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
terenceanne wrote:I'm not sure we can afford to get promoted. 

:facepalm:

I thought I told you NOT to respond to my posts. 

Now stop being a Bell End and obey a simple instruction. 

Thank you in advance.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:

Thank you in advance.

You'll need to explain another of your ridiculous posts, how on Earth can we not afford to get promoted?

We could put out the same team that gets us promoted and even if we finished bottom of the league we'd earn more from increased gate receipts and revenue from being in a higher league.

I'll stop responding to your posts when you post something sensible.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As far as I'm concerned,we can't afford NOT to get promoted.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
terenceanne wrote:

Thank you in advance.

You'll need to explain another of your ridiculous posts, how on Earth can we not afford to get promoted?

We could put out the same team that gets us promoted and even if we finished bottom of the league we'd earn more from increased gate receipts and revenue from being in a higher league.

I'll stop responding to your posts when you post something sensible.

I happen to enjoy posting ridiculous posts....mainly to upset certain members of the Nuts community.
To my point....Gate receipts may go up a tad....money from higher division correct...but as it stands now we can't afford to bring in Champs quality players or pay them. To boot KA is determined to do a cut back in the off season. So the goal is to get promoted then come straight back down again?
Nope.... outside financing must be brought in before or soon after we go up...otherwise we can't compete at the higher level.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:So the goal is to get promoted then come straight back down again?

Rather that than no promotion at all, surely?

Let me make this easy for you Terence. You're dating an ugly woman but you get the chance to date a super hot woman even though you know it's likely to end in tears.

Would you stay with the munter or take a chance on the hottie?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Don't do it Nat ! Let him go with the Munter  Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
terenceanne wrote:So the goal is to get promoted then come straight back down again?

Let me make this easy for you Terence. You're dating an ugly woman but you get the chance to date a super hot woman even though you know it's likely to end in tears.

I'm sure Terence would stay with you Nat. Hotties are high maintenance.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'm sure Terence would stay with you Nat. Hotties are high maintenance.

I didn't say no promotion at all....I said that we can't afford to get promoted in our current state.
I also only date Mutters since it's a sure thing and I don't care if they are Utd Supporters either.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum