Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zach Clough told he has no future at Nottingham Forest

+8
Aydeepee
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
Sluffy
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

16 months after he arrived from Bolton Wanderers for £3m, Zach Clough's time at Championship outfit Nottingham Forest appears to be over.

The writing looked to be on the wall for Zach Clough as soon as Aitor Karanka was appointed as the new Nottingham Forest manager at the start of 2018.
The diminutive attacker was loaned out to former club Bolton Wanderers almost immediately after the Spaniard’s arrival but a frustrating 2017/18 season quickly descended into a nightmare.
He made just two starts for Phil Parkinson’s side between January and May and was eventually dropped to the reserves.

And it seems that a difficult 2018 isn’t getting any easier. According to the Nottingham Post, Karanka has made it clear that Clough has no future at the City Ground, just 16 months after he arrived from Bolton for £3 million.

The 23-year-old is one of a number of players whose profile has now been removed from the club’s official website. The likes of Michael Mancienne, Apostalos Vellios and Barrie McKay, who underwent a medical at Swansea on Monday, are also nowhere to be seen.
It will come as little surprise to many Forest fans, however, that Clough is no longer part of the club’s plans.

The East Midlands outfit have brought in a number of exciting new attackers this summer with Portuguese trio Diogo Goncalves, Gil Dias and the £13 million Joao Carvalho all arriving thanks to super-agent Jorge Mendes.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/31/do-report-zach-clough-told-he-has-no-future-at-nottingham-forest/

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Loan him again?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Loan him again?
Why? He's about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well worth another loan. Or even a buy back at a lower fee. Class is permanent

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Well worth another loan. Or even a buy back at a lower fee. Class is permanent
Agreed, if played in his correct position.

I’d take him back, needs to find his feet again and needs to be played right up top. Too lightweight to mix it deeper.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

So does that mean they will cancel his contract?  If so he would be a free I presume.....In that case no reason not to come back.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm guessing Zach Clough will want his wages until the end of his contract so won't allow a cancellation.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I'm guessing Zach Clough will want his wages until the end of his contract so won't allow a cancellation.
BTID it could well be that Forest would pay him up just to get him off the books. I don't think he has all that long to go on his deal there does he? One more year if memory serves. Even if they didn't then I'd seriously consider bringing him in on a season long loan especially if Forest were willing to part fund his wages. As others have said played in his proper position he could be very useful for us.

Aydeepee

Aydeepee
David Ngog
David Ngog

Would be great to see him back - but Parky didnt use him at all during last loan period (and I dont think he would play him in his correct position anyway)

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think if he came back Parky would more or less have to use him this time around. Even with the new signings so far we don't have the numbers to leave people with Clough's ability sitting on the bench or in the stands. Whether or not Phil would play him in the right place is of course another question. I suspect he would if only because of lack of options. Of course that's all speculation because Clough isn't here and frankly I doubt Parkinson would want him back even though I and I suspect many other fans would.

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I don't think he suits Parky's style of play.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Leeds_Trotter wrote:I don't think he suits Parky's style of play.
Unfortunately I agree with you. However that's based on the assumption Phil isn't going to change his approach now he has some new players. Maybe he'll surprise us. ( No, I have NOT overdosed on my meds, I only sound like I have) Very Happy

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'd have him back.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I do feel sorry for the lad.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i heard that he had said he wouldn't come back if Parky was still in charge. Not sure how true it is but i was told this at the end of last season.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i heard that he had said he wouldn't come back if Parky was still in charge. Not sure how true it is but i was told this at the end of last season.
He's not in a strong position. Unwanted at Forest,and unlikely to attract bids from many others,a move back to Bolton might be his best option.
Although Parky didn't use him well,the lad has a lot of good will in the bank with Wanderers supporters,and a move back to us might be best for all parties.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum