Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BREAKING NEWS - TERROR ATTACK outside Parliament

+9
Bread2.0
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Soul Kitchen
MartinBWFC
Fabians Right Peg
karlypants
Sluffy
boltonbonce
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Reebok Trotter wrote:These kind of attacks just give more ammunition to the likes of Donald Trump. RIP to those who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Has Trump sent any condolences at all? He's usually quick enough to leap to Twitter to deliver his rhetoric.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

okocha wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:These kind of attacks just give more ammunition to the likes of Donald Trump. RIP to those who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Has Trump sent any condolences at all? He's usually quick enough to leap to Twitter to deliver his rhetoric.

No but Number One Son jumped straight onto Twitter last night to try and make political capital out of this tragedy by having a dig at Sadiq Khan:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/22/donald-trump-jr-tweet-london-mayor-sadiq-khan

The apple falls not far from the tree.....

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Yes, he did send his condolences. It was mentioned on the TV last night

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Yeah, fair does - I retract my statement that he didn't send his condolences because, as Glos says, he did tweet about it last night.

However......would he have worded his tweet the way he did if Theresa had been a Terry instead?

Bit patronising if you ask me.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So we've reached the stage of tweeting condolences. Oh dear.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is an argument that arming the police encourages criminals to use guns, but in other countries I've lived in where the police are armed the only criminals with guns are the ones who go to war with other gangs or are willing to take on the police - and that happens anyway in the UK.

Having an armed police presence on the streets obviously adds the risk of trigger happy cops, but I do know a police marksman and the training is excellent so I think the risk could be ameliorated as far as possible.

Where the police are routinely armed it definitely gets the police more respect from the general public and minimises a whole range of crimes, so i don't think arming the police would be a completely bad thing - provided it was done properly.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I have an open mind about a general armimg of the police but if they were all armed I doubt that they would all receive the level of training that police marksmen receive. However other European countries seem to manage with armed police forces without them ending up like America.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum