Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Most Uninspiring Summer Ever?

+4
Numpty 28723
N'Gogba
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Empty Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Fri Aug 03 2012, 12:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keith Andrews, Matt Mills, Joe McKee and Andy Lonergan.

Any excitement I felt about the coming season has been squeezed out of me by Coyle's Summer signings so far. A Dingle reject, a Burnley reject, a Leicester reject and a PNE reject.

None of them bring any cutting edge to the team, and certainly no excitement. Is Coyle slowly strangling the life out of the club or are you happy with these signings?

2Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Empty Re: Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Fri Aug 03 2012, 12:19

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Not exactly inspiring but who would you have gone for considering we have now been relegated?

Oh don't worry ''The Rock'' will bring back your faith. Very Happy

3Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Empty Re: Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Fri Aug 03 2012, 12:24

N'Gogba

David Ngog
David Ngog

Just to take away some more excitement, Nixon says the Sanchez deal is off.

4Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Empty Re: Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Fri Aug 03 2012, 12:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

N'Gogba wrote:Just to take away some more excitement, Nixon says the Sanchez deal is off.

Please warn me before posting such shocking news in future.

For Sale: one Bolton replica top with 'The Rock' on the back.

5Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Empty Re: Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Fri Aug 03 2012, 12:41

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Is Coyle slowly strangling the life out of the club?

Give the guy a break - he's going as fast as he can.

6Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Empty Re: Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Fri Aug 03 2012, 12:45

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Numpty 28723 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Is Coyle slowly strangling the life out of the club?

Give the guy a break - he's going as fast as he can.

lol!

7Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Empty Re: Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Fri Aug 03 2012, 12:47

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Natasha Whittam wrote:
N'Gogba wrote:Just to take away some more excitement, Nixon says the Sanchez deal is off.

Please warn me before posting such shocking news in future.

For Sale: one Bolton replica top with 'The Rock' on the back.

He never got on the plane to come over here apparantly and we are now moving to other midfield targets.

Sorry Nat.

8Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Empty Re: Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Fri Aug 03 2012, 14:23

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who did you want a newly relegated team to sign?

Let me guess, Owen Hargreaves, Rob Earnshaw and Kevin Phillips.

9Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Empty Re: Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Fri Aug 03 2012, 14:25

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Who did you want a newly relegated team to sign?

Let me guess, Owen Hargreaves, Rob Earnshaw and Kevin Phillips.

You've forgotten Jordan Rhodes and Michael Owen.

10Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Empty Re: Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Fri Aug 03 2012, 14:26

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh yeah! I love reading the twonks on twitter who think we can sign absolutely anyone, despite being completely devoid of any money and having just been RELEGATED.

"fk sk coyle yu wnker owne on a frey why u plyn at buy hm"

11Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Empty Re: Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Fri Aug 03 2012, 14:33

N'Gogba

David Ngog
David Ngog

Did anybody seriously expect big names? I just wanted to see Wylde & Sordell play and, at a push, see N'gog score more than 5..

12Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Empty Re: Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Fri Aug 03 2012, 14:33

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Oh yeah! I love reading the twonks on twitter who think we can sign absolutely anyone, despite being completely devoid of any money and having just been RELEGATED.

"fk sk coyle yu wnker owne on a frey why u plyn at buy hm"

"coyle U nkob offer Owan a 4 year deal hell bang in 20 no problem its bullshit fuckin Davis n N'Gog were shit"

I know we're parodying their language and 'internet speak', but the above are just shortened versions of a Natasha Whittam article, like this one.

13Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Empty Re: Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Fri Aug 03 2012, 14:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

These kind of people won't be satisfied until we a rivalling chelsea for the singing of Hazard.

I saw a great one the other day.

I paraphrase.

"Are we actually gonna sign any 1 or wot?" - I mean... no words.

14Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Empty Re: Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Fri Aug 03 2012, 14:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Let me guess, Kevin Phillips.

Do you think Ngog will score more goals than Phillips?

I'd take Phillips like a shot, sometimes you need players like him to get you out of this division.

15Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Empty Re: Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Fri Aug 03 2012, 14:42

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yep, the other thing which is totally overlooked is that we have so far at least, held on to ALL our best players. How many relegated clubs do that? Not even West Ham managed that this time last year, and they took massive financial gambles to get promoted at the first time of asking.

If the prospect of seeing players like Lee, Petrov and Mark Davies playing at Championship level doesn't excite you about the coming season, you're never going to be happy while we're in the Championship.

Last edited by largehat on Fri Aug 03 2012, 14:43; edited 1 time in total

16Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Empty Re: Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Fri Aug 03 2012, 14:42

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Hipster_Nebula wrote:These kind of people won't be satisfied until we a rivalling chelsea for the singing of Hazard.

I saw a great one the other day.

I paraphrase.

"Are we actually gonna sign any 1 or wot?" - I mean... no words.

You get all sorts of random comments on the bwfc facebook page, especially this time of year when we concede a goal in a friendly, all the oddballs come out with comments about how we should be signing players like Messi.

17Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Empty Re: Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Fri Aug 03 2012, 14:47

I'd take Phillips all day long, perfect replacement for Klasnic.

On the other signings, I think Mills and Andrews are very good signings, can't say I know a lot about Lonergan or McKee, but think we've madee all four for less than £2 million. Which is good going.

Won't be pleased if the Arsenal kid is the last striker we sign, he doesn't have a great scoring record, and considering our other strikers records we need some goals. As Sanchez is off we need a midfielder too, better hurry up about it.

18Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Empty Re: Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Fri Aug 03 2012, 14:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

If the prospect of seeing players like Lee, Petrov and Mark Davies playing at Championship level doesn't excite you about the coming season, you're never going to be happy while we're in the Championship.

Why should it excite me? Davies & Petrov played the majority of games last season and did nothing to keep us up. Are you saying I should forget that and just be happy we're playing at a lower level?

For the record, Petrov may excel at this level but mark my words, Mark Davies will be shit and on the bench by September.

19Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Empty Re: Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Fri Aug 03 2012, 14:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

On the other signings, I think Mills and Andrews are very good signings, can't say I know a lot about Lonergan or McKee, but think we've madee all four for less than £2 million. Which is good going.

I'm not saying Mills and Andrews aren't decent signings, I suspect they are better than what we had. But the club should have gone all out to bring in an exciting player, someone to unlock stubborn defences because, let's face it, a lot of clubs are going to come to the Reebok and shut up shop from the first minute.

20Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Empty Re: Most Uninspiring Summer Ever? Fri Aug 03 2012, 14:52

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Why should it excite me? Davies & Petrov played the majority of games last season and did nothing to keep us up. Are you saying I should forget that and just be happy we're playing at a lower level?

For the record, Petrov may excel at this level but mark my words, Mark Davies will be shit and on the bench by September.

It's too simplistic a view to say they "did nothing to keep us up". If our squad was filled with players with their genuine quality we would have been nowhere near relegation, you can blame Coyle until the cows come home but Petrov and Mark Davies are good enough to be playing for mid-table PL sides. They were part of the side the season before last that was in the top 8 for practically the whole season. They are excellent technical footballers.

I'm just pointing out that our signings might not be hugely inspiring but most relegated clubs have to buy cheaper versions of their best players, who have walked - exactly like Blackburn are having to do - and we're not in that position. Please can you just take this into consideration when writing off all our new signings?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum