Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC 1-1 QPR

+15
BoltonTillIDie
Jack Russell
boltonbonce
Bread2.0
Cajunboy
gloswhite
observer
karlypants
Fabians Right Peg
wessy
rammywhite
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

21BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sat Oct 21 2017, 10:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Five talking points ahead of Bolton Wanderers v Queens Park Rangers

Wanderers take on Queens Park Rangers this weekend, fresh from claiming their first league win of the season in their last outing. With morale high at Macron Stadium, bwfc.co.uk highlights five talking points ahead of the Whites' Sky Bet Championship clash with the R's.

1. Off the mark!

After managing to clinch their first league victory of the season last time out at home to Sheffield Wednesday, Wanderers will be looking to build on that result when they host Queens Park Rangers this Saturday.

Focused on climbing the Sky Bet Championship table as quickly as positive, the Whites will be hungry to make home advantage count once again as they look to claim back-to-back wins.

Bolton fans have had to wait a while to see their side win two league games in row in the second tier, with it last happening over the festive period in 2014.

Having got one monkey off their back, will the Trotters be able to remove a second as they face a side who have not won on the road themselves since February?

Tickets are available for the game online, with fans able to buy in advance and print at home to avoid queues at Macron Stadium.

2. Karl Henry

Having enjoyed an impressive start to his Whites career, Karl Henry will line up against his former employers when Queens Park Rangers come to town on Saturday.

The midfielder joined Bolton on a free transfer last month, having been released by The R's at the end of last season.

Making 118 appearances and scoring two goals in his four seasons at Loftus Road, the 34-year-old will be looking to get the better of his former club at Macron Stadium.

And with his arrival at BL6 coinciding with an upturn in the Trotters' form, could Henry help Wanderers claim their second win in the space of a week?

3. GAME Community Challenge Cup

Young fans will be given the chance to win prizes as part of GAME’s Community Challenge at Macron Stadium this Saturday.

Set to be held in the North Stand Upper’s play station, youngsters willing to get involved in a FIFA 18 Skills Challenge will pit their wits against each other for the chance to win a medal, a loyalty card reward and a Bolton Wanderers themed prize.

The Community Cup is open to any age level or skill level and gives all gamers taking part the chance to be our Community hero, your 'Local Hero' and win the Cup for Wanderers!

Free to play and open to all young fans, the winner will be announced at half-time during the game against Queens Park Rangers.

4. Injury news

After missing out against Sheffield Wednesday due to a family bereavement Jem Karacan is back in contention for Saturday’s tie against QPR.

Elsewhere, Aaron Wilbraham comes back into the equation after recovering from his hip injury, while Chris Taylor still remains unavailable due to a knee ligament issue.

Derik Osede will also be hoping to feature for the first time since his injury against Middlesbrough on 9 September.

5. Ameobi and Vela

Sammy Ameobi made his second home debut in the 2-1 win over Sheffield Wednesday last Saturday and was crowned Man of the Match for his scintillating performance. The winger capped off his return with a wonderful curling effort in the tenth minute of the game.

Ameobi terrorised the Wednesday defence and his departure for Craig Noone was met with a standing ovation from staff and fans alike.

Josh Vela made return to the side following his injury lay-off against Leeds United on the opening day of the season. The midfielder provided energy and creativity in the final third allowing Darren Pratley and Karl Henry to sweep up in midfield.

Vela showed his determination and warrior-like mentality as he battled through the pain barrier to finish the game after taking an injection at half-time.

The duo’s return to Macron Stadium gave everyone involved a lift – more of the same Saturday please, gents.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

22BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sat Oct 21 2017, 10:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Press Conference:

23BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sat Oct 21 2017, 11:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Karacan(t) gets anywhere near the pitch I will walk out.

24BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sat Oct 21 2017, 14:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:If Karacan(t) gets anywhere near the pitch I will walk out.
You'll be fine - he's not even on the bench.

Alnwick
Little Beevers Wheater Taylor
Pratley Henry
Vela
Ameobi Madine Armstrong

Subs
Howard
ALF
Nobody
Robinson
Cullen
Morais
Burke

25BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sat Oct 21 2017, 14:21

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looking at QPRs starting 11 today they look bobbins, fully expecting 3 points.

26BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sat Oct 21 2017, 14:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

QPR are playing a fairly attacking team:

Smithies
Baptiste
Lynch
Bidwell
Wszolek
Luongo
Scowen
Freeman
Manning 
Mackie
Sylla

27BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sat Oct 21 2017, 14:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live & kicking here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

28BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sat Oct 21 2017, 14:47

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

KP - thats a link to the team sheet

Radio here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
or: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

29BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sat Oct 21 2017, 14:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:KP - thats a link to the team sheet

Radio here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
or: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Whoops! I was going to post the team sheet until I saw Wander's post. Very Happy

30BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sat Oct 21 2017, 15:12

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m saying 3-0

31BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sat Oct 21 2017, 15:34

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3 or 4 nil we’ll win, then push for promotion.

32BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sat Oct 21 2017, 16:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Poor result against one of the worst teams in the division but worse still a poor performance with Parky setting up way too deep and conceding the bulk of possession.

Only 35% possession and 2 shots on target at home says it all.

33BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sat Oct 21 2017, 16:55

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Big Dogs way off the mark this week

34BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sat Oct 21 2017, 17:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton Wanderers 1-1 Queens Park Rangers

Wanderers were denied all three points late on in their latest Sky Bet Championship clash as they were forced to settle for a share of the spoils against Queens Park Rangers on Saturday afternoon.

The deadlock was broken halfway through the first period, with the skipper Darren Pratley nodding home from a matter of yards out following a Bolton corner.

The visitors had a leveller with 11 minutes to go however as Idrissa Sylla somehow flicked the ball home at the near post, with the scoreline remaining as such come full time.

TEAM NEWS

Wanderers named an unchanged matchday 18 from the side who defeated Sheffield Wednesday last time out, with Karl Henry lining up against his former employers.

FIRST HALF

With the rain falling steadily at Macron Stadium, the game got underway and Bolton enjoyed the first sight of goal when winning a free-kick five yards outside the box, but Adam Armstrong’s effort and Henry’s subsequent follow-up failed to trouble Alex Smithies.

And the former enjoyed an opportunity with just three minutes gone, with his 30-yard half-volley flying just wide of the upright.

It was a bright start from the Whites, and although the R’s did venture forward briefly in the eighth minute, their pressure came to nothing much.

Thereafter however, the visitors did see a little more of the ball, but Alnwick remained virtually untroubled.

With 17 minutes gone though, the Bolton keeper was to be the saviour as he somehow kept out Luke Freeman’s effort from close range following a scramble in the six yard box.

It appeared to be just the boost needed for QPR, but on the counter-attack Wanderers almost snatched the lead following some beautiful link-up play between Gary Madine and Armstrong, with the latter’s shot taking a deflection out for a corner kick.

And it was from that set-piece that the Whites broke the deadlock, with Pratley heading home from close range following a Madine knock-down into the six yard box.

A deserved goal for the Whites, it was one which appeared to give them a much-needed tonic as they proceeded to control proceedings for the most part thereafter, although not so much in terms of goalmouth action.

And as the clock ran down to half time though, Wanderers were visibly keen to add to their tally and were pushing forward despite the testing weather conditions.

But try as they might, they couldn’t find the net before the break as they went in leading courtesy of Pratley’s header.

SECOND HALF

With no changes for either side at the break, the game got back underway with the rain and wind still playing their part from the off.

And although the Whites started the brighter of the two sides in front of a 14,242 crowd, the visitors were soon seeing possession in the final third as they looked for a route back into the clash, with substitute Conor Washington seeing a deft header from eight yards calmly collected.

On the attack themselves meanwhile, Bolton saw an angled Josh Vela drive parried away by Smithies with the majority of those inside BL6 already on their feet.

The visitors then proceeded to enjoy a period of pressure as the rain thundered down, with that spell resulting in a Jamie Mackie effort flying high and wide from all of 30 yards.

Washington also found himself in a promising position at the far post when connecting with a down-field pass, but his touch let him down and the shot cannoned out for a goal-kick.

It was a full-blooded affair as the game entered its final 20 minutes, with Idrissa Sylla forcing Alnwick into a smart save down at his near post following an R’s free-kick into the mix.

QPR were pushing and knocking on the door, but Wanderers were standing firm in their numbers, with Massimo Luongo calling for a penalty kick with 14 minutes to go to no avail.

And with 11 minutes to go, they had their leveller with Sylla beating Alnwick at his near post.

Despite the set-back, Wanderers set about trying to find a winning goal inside the closing stages and threw Adam Le Fondre into the mix with six minutes remaining.

It was end to end as the clock ran down, and with three additional minute indicated, Bolton threw everything forward.

But despite their efforts, the spoils were shared come full time.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

35BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sat Oct 21 2017, 17:49

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This was the most satisfying match I've been at all season, performance and result.

Not saying much obviously, but there's a clear bit of improvement there it has to be said.

Nothing to do with tactics or effort or anything like that I think it's just all about the personnel.

Having Vela back is massive, same with Ameobi, Karl Henry looks good, even Mark Little has made a big difference.

A few weeks ago I thought we had a 1% chance of staying up, but now it's more like 10% if we can keep everybody fit.

36BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sat Oct 21 2017, 18:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was fooking shite.

Clearly last week was a fluke because this week we were back to letting the opposition take the initiative and control the ball for long periods. We created fuck all, and most of our team played like massive tits.

Ameobi should have been off after half an hour, the useless haircut. He's had his good game this season and was back to his default setting of "shite". On the other side of the pitch Armstrong did his usual party trick: fuck all. The subs, namely Morais and Noone, were a fucking embarrassment.

Yes, the conditions were appalling in the second half, and I have no doubt Parky will pass the buck and blame the crap performance on the weather, but that was fucking terrible.

I'm not changing my mind, Parky should be sacked.

37BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sat Oct 21 2017, 18:06

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I agree with Nat, and once/if new owners come in he'll be gone, as has been said Anderson cannot afford to sack him, any other club in any league would have sacked him weeks ago, one lucky win won't change my mind about how inept he is

38BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sat Oct 21 2017, 18:26

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Cant  argue with previous posters to many players just didn't perform, we sat back and paid the price.

You could feel the goal coming at that point i hoped Parky would disrupt play and make a sub but he did now't and they scored. Conditions today especially from 75 minutes didn't suit wingers you couldn't run with the ball, so i would have gone for a clean sheet and loaded midfield.

39BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sat Oct 21 2017, 18:45

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wessy wrote:Cant  argue with previous posters to many players just didn't perform, we sat back and paid the price.

You could feel the goal coming at that point i hoped Parky would disrupt play and make a sub but he did now't and they scored. Conditions today especially from 75 minutes didn't suit wingers you couldn't run with the ball, so i would have gone for a clean sheet and loaded midfield.
Any good manager would have done exactly the same, but we all know this clown is anything but a good manager.

40BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 2 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sat Oct 21 2017, 18:53

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:This was the most satisfying match I've been at all season, performance and result.

Not saying much obviously, but there's a clear bit of improvement there it has to be said.

Nothing to do with tactics or effort or anything like that I think it's just all about the personnel.

Having Vela back is massive, same with Ameobi, Karl Henry looks good, even Mark Little has made a big difference.

A few weeks ago I thought we had a 1% chance of staying up, but now it's more like 10% if we can keep everybody fit.

Doffy- I must have been at a different match to you as I thought that our performance was dire. Tedious uninspiring football.
And if anyone tells me that Madine was immense then I'll suggest that they go for some counselling

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum