Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC 1-1 QPR

+15
BoltonTillIDie
Jack Russell
boltonbonce
Bread2.0
Cajunboy
gloswhite
observer
karlypants
Fabians Right Peg
wessy
rammywhite
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

41BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sat Oct 21 2017, 19:46

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:
doffcocker wrote:This was the most satisfying match I've been at all season, performance and result.

Not saying much obviously, but there's a clear bit of improvement there it has to be said.

Nothing to do with tactics or effort or anything like that I think it's just all about the personnel.

Having Vela back is massive, same with Ameobi, Karl Henry looks good, even Mark Little has made a big difference.

A few weeks ago I thought we had a 1% chance of staying up, but now it's more like 10% if we can keep everybody fit.

Doffy- I must have been at a different match to you as I thought that our performance was dire. Tedious uninspiring football.
And if anyone tells me that Madine was immense then I'll suggest that they go for some counselling

Just to be clear, I'm not saying we played well.

It's just that it's the first match I've been to at the Macron this season that we haven't lost. And most if not all the other performances were abominable, whereas I thought this one was just a bit shit.

1-1 was a very fair result in my opinion. It's not inconceivable that on another day we'd have won it 1-0 and everyone's take on the performance would have been completely different.

42BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sat Oct 21 2017, 20:16

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

For me it was back to the norm, last week we got lucky, 35% possession at home is clearly not good enough, Parkinsons win ratio in this league is less than abysmal something like 10 wins in 72 games over 3 clubs, says it all really.

43BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sat Oct 21 2017, 20:25

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The biggest stat however is how far from safety are we ? we started 6 points adrift we finish 5 adrift so progress but a chance to make it 3 was lost.

44BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sat Oct 21 2017, 20:30

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We paid the price for trying to defend a 1-0 lead, which everyone knows we can't do. We did nothing in the 2nd half other than sit back and invite pressure which paid off for QPR in the end.

We should have pressed for a second goal but Parky is far too negative.

45BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sat Oct 21 2017, 20:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:We paid the price for trying to defend a 1-0 lead, which everyone knows we can't do. We did nothing in the 2nd half other than sit back and invite pressure which paid off for QPR in the end.

We should have pressed for a second goal but Parky is far too negative.
I agree. I could feel a goal coming,and it duly did.

I'm not going to get too down,because,at the end of the season it might turn out to be a vital point.

However,on what I've seen so far, we're going to struggle to make a fist of surviving.

46BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sat Oct 21 2017, 20:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
I'm not going to get too down,because,at the end of the season it might turn out to be a vital point.
I agree, it's not just a point but we are actually starting to score goals now! Very Happy

47BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sat Oct 21 2017, 22:31

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
I agree, it's not just a point but we are actually starting to score goals now! Very Happy
Yeah 3 goals in 10 games some going that, Parky in

48BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sun Oct 22 2017, 00:38

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

MartinBWFC wrote:Parkinsons win ratio in this league is less than abysmal something like 10 wins in 72 games over 3 clubs, says it all really.

I think it says very little.

For a start win ratios really are pointless. Theoretically you could actually avoid relegation with a 0% win ratio.

But also, if you sent the best manager in the world to a club without a pot to piss in, and you sent some shit-for-brains to a Middlesbrough type club with £50m or so to spend, you'd generally expect the latter's win ratio to be a lot higher.

We are a club that hasn't actually bought a player for about four seasons. I know everybody is pissed off but I really don't understand where people think we might be now without Parky.

49BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sun Oct 22 2017, 08:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I know everybody is pissed off but I really don't understand where people think we might be now without Parky.

We'd be mid-table.

You didn't see last week, but we pressed from the first minute against Sheffield Wednesday and never gave them a minute on the ball.

Yesterday we were back to defending deep and handing the initiative to the opposition. Those are tactics determined by the manager.

Parky just seems to let games drift, there's no effort to change things other than sending on the predictable subs every week. As everyone has stated on this thread - it was clear as day that the equaliser was coming but Parky refused to change things before it was too late.

50BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sun Oct 22 2017, 11:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:I know everybody is pissed off but I really don't understand where people think we might be now without Parky.

We'd be mid-table.

You didn't see last week, but we pressed from the first minute against Sheffield Wednesday and never gave them a minute on the ball.

Yesterday we were back to defending deep and handing the initiative to the opposition. Those are tactics determined by the manager.
I think this is the key point about Parky's tactics. Whilst this happens we always run the risk of conceding and have little chance of scoring ourselves.
In comparison, Huddersfield v Manure were the diametric opposite chasing everything down, pressing high, giving them no time on the ball and forcing errors - which is how they carved out a win against a very expensive team.
As I've said before I'd love to see the Prozone stats for our lot because if they are actually putting in the workrate/miles then it would be even more obvious that the tactics are wrong.

51BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sun Oct 22 2017, 11:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Yeah 3 goals in 10 games some going that, Parky in
Read it again Martin. :biggrin:

52BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sun Oct 22 2017, 11:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I accept that with our defence you sometimes have to defend deep against teams with genuine pace. QPR are not one of those teams. It's just simply bad management.

53BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sun Oct 22 2017, 12:18

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Y
MartinBWFC wrote:
wessy wrote:Cant  argue with previous posters to many players just didn't perform, we sat back and paid the price.

You could feel the goal coming at that point i hoped Parky would disrupt play and make a sub but he did now't and they scored. Conditions today especially from 75 minutes didn't suit wingers you couldn't run with the ball, so i would have gone for a clean sheet and loaded midfield.
Any good manager would have done exactly the same, but we all know this clown is anything but a good manager.
Like you could do any better  Laughing

54BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sun Oct 22 2017, 12:29

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

We'd be mid-table.

Parky just seems to let games drift, there's no effort to change things other than sending on the predictable subs every week. As everyone has stated on this thread - it was clear as day that the equaliser was coming but Parky refused to change things before it was too late.

Absolute bollocks from a woman with a tiny pair of bollocks.

The thing is, it's easy for people to come out after conceding a second half equaliser and say "oh we just sat back". I don't actually remember one instance yesterday where one of our players had a chance to put pressure on a QPR player but didn't. I don't remember once QPR having the ball and the crowd shouting "push out" as you would expect in that situation.

Out of interest Whittam, how do you think this panned out at half time in the dressing room? Against Wednesday did Parky say "good stuff this lads, just keep pressing, ye?", then yesterday he said "I know it worked last week boys, but this week we're gonna sit back, alright? I've just got a feeling."

For the record, I've never been a big advocate of Parkinson's tactics, but I do think whatever he'd have done yesterday, QPR were always gonna create chances against our lot.

55BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sun Oct 22 2017, 14:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
Absolute bollocks from a woman with a tiny pair of bollocks.

The thing is, it's easy for people to come out after conceding a second half equaliser and say "oh we just sat back". I don't actually remember one instance yesterday where one of our players had a chance to put pressure on a QPR player but didn't. I don't remember once QPR having the ball and the crowd shouting "push out" as you would expect in that situation.

Out of interest Whittam, how do you think this panned out at half time in the dressing room? Against Wednesday did Parky say "good stuff this lads, just keep pressing, ye?", then yesterday he said "I know it worked last week boys, but this week we're gonna sit back, alright? I've just got a feeling."

For the record, I've never been a big advocate of Parkinson's tactics, but I do think whatever he'd have done yesterday, QPR were always gonna create chances against our lot.

Were you at the game? QPR created one chance in 90 minutes and scored from it. They had a lot of the ball but rarely got behind us because we were defending so deep.

At one point Ameobi was playing as a right back we were so deep. Hence why he gave absolutely nothing in attack.

If you don't have midfielders who can bomb up and down to support the attack (we don't), you can't defend so deep. Last week we defended higher up the pitch and therefore created a shitload of chances because we had midfielders 10 yards away from Madine rather than 50 yards like yesterday.

You've just been schooled on tactics. Hopefully Parky will take note too.

56BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sun Oct 22 2017, 14:19

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think fitness played a part, the conditions were worsening by the minute in fact from 75 minutes players struggled to run with the ball, we used two subs who rely on running with the ball, Morais & Noone.

We failed to find a player when trying to clear our lines, Trevor Sinclair ex QPR was on the radio and said that Holloway runs is players into the ground in training and as such they are the most fit team in the league, so based on that he was not surprised to see QPR grow in strength especially in those conditions. Just maybe that's the reason we started to sit back.

I would bet that if we trolled back the same arguments where used against our other managers, things like we play too deep, we don't leave a striker up from corners, The manager is tactically inept ( always make me laugh that one) every manager will have been labelled in this way. 

We just need to try to get something from every game and just maybe we will have a chance. But to change a manager who was unable to spend a single penny seems  harsh at this stage.

57BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sun Oct 22 2017, 14:23

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Were you at the game? QPR created one chance in 90 minutes and scored from it. They had a lot of the ball but rarely got behind us because we were defending so deep.

This line alone shows you don't know your head from your arse.

If QPR created one chance in 90 minutes, I'd say there's not a lot wrong with Parky's tactics at all. Wouldn't you?

But please continue to school me on tactics, I love learning new bullshit.

58BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sun Oct 22 2017, 14:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
If QPR created one chance in 90 minutes, I'd say there's not a lot wrong with Parky's tactics at all. Wouldn't you?

We weren't playing Aston Villa, we were playing against QPR - surely one of the teams who will be down the bottom with us.

1-1 home draws are fine against Villa, Boro, Cardiff etc. We need to beat QPR, Burton, Birmingham & co at home to stand any chance of staying up.

We have to attack and press teams at home - defending deep got us a point against one of our rivals. Big deal.

We won't stay up being defensive.

59BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sun Oct 22 2017, 14:48

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm with Nat. Its bad enough when players lose confidence, and the play goes to rat shit, but to play defensively, deliberately, at home, is bad for morale, and will in no way help us to survive.

60BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sun Oct 22 2017, 16:06

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Is it true that The Amoeba was playing so deep that he was selling meat pies in the crowd  for part of the game?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum