Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cliff Richard - what's that all about?

+5
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
RustyNail
wanderlust
Sluffy
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

boltonbonce wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I didn't know Cliff was gay!  Shocked

He has never denied being gay but whenever questioned he stated that his private life is his business. His living companion is a former priest who he described as his ' life partner' and he has been present with Cliff at the High Court throughout his case against the BBC.

There is previous history with Cliff and the BBC in that for many years the Beeb refused to play any of his songs on any BBC owned radio channel.
I thought the former priest had a girlfriend,who also lived with them. A very odd state of affairs.

I'm not worried that Cliff might be gay,but more than a little concerned that he's beginning to look like Dr Evadne Hinge.
Photo of Ms Hinge please.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just think Cliff is one of those devout Christian God bothering types who found it difficult to come to terms with his sexuality due to his deep religious beliefs and therefore avoids the subject of sexuality whenever questioned.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dr Hinge is on the right AD.
Cliff Richard - what's that all about? - Page 2 Dr-evadne-hinge-and-the-dame-hilda-bracket-at-the-globe-theatre-picture-id830856798

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:I just think Cliff is one of those devout Christian God bothering types who found it difficult to come to terms with his sexuality due to his deep religious beliefs and therefore avoids the subject of sexuality whenever questioned.
Probably but I never had him down as a nonce. 

He’s no Jimmy Saville.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't understand why all these old birds fancy him.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

About 10 years ago my missus wanted to visit the Trafford Centre to do a spot of shopping. We walked in on the ground floor and there was a queue of mainly women from the bottom up the steps all the way to Waterstones. I hadn't a clue as to who the celebrity was in the building but I later discovered it was Cliff signing his latest autobiography. The crowd was that big that the book signing overran by an hour and he stayed and signed every last book sold.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RustyNail wrote:If i was a copper working on Yewtree, Mr 'I'm still a virgin' would be one of the first names on the investigation list. But money talks so they didn't manage to nail him.

On what basis?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:About 10 years ago my missus wanted to visit the Trafford Centre to do a spot of shopping. We walked in on the ground floor and there was a queue of mainly women from the bottom up the steps all the way to Waterstones. I hadn't a clue as to who the celebrity was in the building but I later discovered it was Cliff signing his latest autobiography. The crowd was that big that the book signing overran by an hour and he stayed and signed every last book sold.
Amazing. Always comes across as a nice bloke.
I suppose his private life should be his own,but these days celebrities are all over social media,telling us all about their intimate doings,and,quite frankly,I wish they'd all shut up.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have never been all that keen on his music but I can't deny him his longevity in the music industry. I remember watching him on the Piers Morgan documentary where Piers pressed him on his private life followed by a spot of tennis. He actually came across as a decent bloke. His admission that he let Tony Blair and Cherie have a free holiday at his luxury Barbados villa was somewhat of a revelation.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did you know that his hit single 'Marianne' was written by Bill Owen? (Compo)

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Did you know that his hit single 'Marianne' was written by Bill Owen? (Compo)

I didn't. He's most certainly the Peter Pan of Pop. His Miss you nights was one of my favourites.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

boltonbonce wrote:Dr Hinge is on the right AD.
Cliff Richard - what's that all about? - Page 2 Dr-evadne-hinge-and-the-dame-hilda-bracket-at-the-globe-theatre-picture-id830856798
Ha that's them bloody hilarius they were saw them on stage at Eastbourne with my Aunt who looked like Hinge lol! bit of an insult to hinge though bonce she don't look like a turtle. Anyway i agree with RT nowt wrong with cliff bastards should have left him be, i fucking hate coppers from top to bottom as for the BBC they have not invented a word bad enough to describe them for me. I'll go with Carrie as his best.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Did the BBC play any role in creating a story that caused the police to raid his house in the first place?

I don't think the police sit at home watching the telly waiting for leads to cases do you really?

If the BBC had found something they would have passed it on to the police and IF they thought there was something in it then they would have had to get appropriate approval first to mount a raid and search the premises.

So once again it comes back to the police leading all of this, even IF the BBC first came up with a few clues first.

Richard's beef should be with the police force, not the BBC, and that's the bit I can't understand as to why he's taking the BBC to court - to my mind they were only doing their job - reporting on a police raid.

Wiltshire Police have already settled  up with Cliff's complaint against them. Damages of £500,000 is the subject mentioned in court. In Cliff's case it's not about the money, more the slur and defamation of his character. Ask yourself this, if Sir Cliff really was into abusing young men do you not think the News of the World and other salacious publications would have reported an expose by now? Even though his private life was exposed on national television not a single credible victim has come forward with any evidence linking him to any dodgy behaviour. Just because he is gay it doesn't mean he is a kiddy fiddler or sexual predator.

Well the police raided his home for some reason they must have thought at the time warranted it (claims by four men apparently). Similarly the BBC reporter believed he had a credible story to publish - otherwise why did the police take any notice of him? And the News of the World et al, never did a story on Saville although it appears now that there were lots of 'rumours' about him at time he was doing his industrial scale kiddy fiddling.

I don't think many come out of this at all well.

Anyway I thought this was an interesting read -

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/17/cliff-richard-bbc-court-case-police-press-media

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

That Guardian article makes a very good point.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

It's all down to the BBC this they fucked up big time i hope they get shafted.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:It's all down to the BBC this they fucked up big time i hope they get shafted.

And they will. I suspect damages of £3 million plus legal costs will take the final bill to the taxpayer to be about £4 million.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:It's all down to the BBC this they fucked up big time i hope they get shafted.

And they will. I suspect damages of £3 million plus legal costs will take the final bill to the taxpayer to be about £4 million.
It's the first time cliff will have had any of my money RT Laughing

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:

It's the first time cliff will have had any of my money RT Laughing

Mine too!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I bought Mistletoe & Wine on 7".

Money well spent.

Reebok Trotter wrote:

What are you basing those figures on?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum