Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Let’s have a row

+10
Sluffy
doffcocker
RustyNail
y2johnny
Leeds_Trotter
finlaymcdanger
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
MartinBWFC
Bolton Rebirth
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Let’s have a row - Page 2 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Mon May 07 2018, 00:09

RustyNail wrote:Anybody who thinks Parky should still go after getting us promoted and, against all the odds, keeping us up, after spending no money and twice having your best player sold, is a clueless fucker who does not understand the game of football.

I wouldn't necessarily say this makes you a shit fan, just a very stupid one.

I'll just remind you again. Thats no money spent, ZERO, ZILCH, not a fucking penny. Working with what in my opinion is by far the worst squad in my 25 years watching this team. If that is a poor manager you are a fucking idiot, end of.

Correct.

22Let’s have a row - Page 2 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Mon May 07 2018, 01:21

Bolton Rebirth

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Giving the manager credit? HEATHEN! Burn him at the stake!

23Let’s have a row - Page 2 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Mon May 07 2018, 08:08

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Let's no let yesterday cloud our judgement of Parky. We've had months a season of god awful tactics.

24Let’s have a row - Page 2 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Mon May 07 2018, 08:11

Leeds_Trotter wrote:Let's no let yesterday cloud our judgement of Parky. We've had months a season of god awful tactics.

Is it not fair to say though:

1. Defensive tactics have kept us up and got us promoted.

2. Parky is our most successful manager since Big Sam.

3. He’s worked a miracle by achieving these things under an embargo.

Would sacking him make sense given the points above?

25Let’s have a row - Page 2 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Mon May 07 2018, 08:23

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Defensive tactics kept us up, are you having a laugh? His tactics almost got us relegated. Had Barnsley or Burton won, we would be down. We were 6 pts clear at one stage but Parky dropped the ball by going away to both Burton and Barnsley and selecting a poor team with poor tactics.

26Let’s have a row - Page 2 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Mon May 07 2018, 08:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RustyNail wrote:Anybody who thinks Parky should still go after getting us promoted and, against all the odds, keeping us up, after spending no money and twice having your best player sold, is a clueless fucker who does not understand the game of football.

I wouldn't necessarily say this makes you a shit fan, just a very stupid one.

I'll just remind you again. Thats no money spent, ZERO, ZILCH, not a fucking penny. Working with what in my opinion is by far the worst squad in my 25 years watching this team. If that is a poor manager you are a fucking idiot, end of.

Again, if you'd posted this after the Burton defeat it would have carried more weight.

But you're basing a whole season on 5 crazy minutes. If Bolton hadn't recovered from being 2-1 down yesterday we'd have lost 7 of our last 8 games - would you (or anyone) been on here saying Parky has done a great job?

WOULD YOU FUCK.

The truth is I don't remember a single person saying Parky must be manager next season after the Burton defeat. Now everything has changed? Get a grip. Decisions are made based on the evidence from a whole season, not from 5 minutes of do-or-die football.

27Let’s have a row - Page 2 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Mon May 07 2018, 08:34

Leeds_Trotter wrote:Defensive tactics kept us up, are you having a laugh? His tactics almost got us relegated. Had Barnsley or Burton won, we would be down. We were 6 pts clear at one stage but Parky dropped the ball by going away to both Burton and Barnsley and selecting a poor team with poor tactics.

Aside from yesterday, every point was earned through defensive tactics, containing the opposition and nicking the odd goal - much like last season.

Can you honestly say otherwise?

28Let’s have a row - Page 2 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Mon May 07 2018, 08:36

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

T.R.O.Y wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:Defensive tactics kept us up, are you having a laugh? His tactics almost got us relegated. Had Barnsley or Burton won, we would be down. We were 6 pts clear at one stage but Parky dropped the ball by going away to both Burton and Barnsley and selecting a poor team with poor tactics.

Aside from yesterday, every point was earned through defensive tactics, containing the opposition and nicking the odd goal - much like last season.

Can you honestly say otherwise?
If we put yesterday aside like you are saying, we'd be down. Simple as that.

29Let’s have a row - Page 2 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Mon May 07 2018, 08:40

One game doesn’t change the fact our promotion and survival have largely been based on defensive tactics, not sure how anyone can argue that point.

30Let’s have a row - Page 2 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Mon May 07 2018, 08:43

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

T.R.O.Y wrote:One game doesn’t change the fact our promotion and survival have largely been based on defensive tactics, not sure how anyone can argue that point.
It hasn't. Survival has been based on luck and relying on other teams to do us favours.

31Let’s have a row - Page 2 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Mon May 07 2018, 08:45

So we gained 43 points by luck?

Once you take that view, there’s no point bothering. You’re clearly beyond any reason.

32Let’s have a row - Page 2 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Mon May 07 2018, 08:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We gained 43 points via a mix of different things. But the point is it's unlikely we could pull it off again in a stronger division with the same scattergun approach.

As I keep saying, if the crazy last 5 minutes hadn't happened and we'd lost, I doubt there would be a single person suggesting we keep Parky on.

You can't base a whole club and its future on 5 mad minutes.

To progress we need change.

33Let’s have a row - Page 2 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Mon May 07 2018, 09:00

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:We gained 43 points via a mix of different things. But the point is it's unlikely we could pull it off again in a stronger division with the same scattergun approach.

As I keep saying, if the crazy last 5 minutes hadn't happened and we'd lost, I doubt there would be a single person suggesting we keep Parky on.

This.

34Let’s have a row - Page 2 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Mon May 07 2018, 09:26

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If Parky was just a manager of another club who he had gotten promoted AND kept up all under a transfer embargo, everyone here would probably see him as a gifted coach, and probably just the sort of manager we could do with bringing in going into next season.

I suppose that's very encouraging for the haters, because there's bound to be loads of clubs impressed with what he's doing, even if plenty of us aren't.

But on the other side of it, do you ever consider that whatever managers you'd shortlist - because on the surface they're doing a brilliant job at whatever club they're at - might just be as disliked as Parky is here, for all the same sort of reasons?

35Let’s have a row - Page 2 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Mon May 07 2018, 09:30

Bolton Rebirth

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Like the avatar Nat, very good!

36Let’s have a row - Page 2 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Mon May 07 2018, 11:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:If Parky was just a manager of another club who he had gotten promoted AND kept up all under a transfer embargo, everyone here would probably see him as a gifted coach, and probably just the sort of manager we could do with bringing in going into next season.

I suppose that's very encouraging for the haters, because there's bound to be loads of clubs impressed with what he's doing, even if plenty of us aren't.

But on the other side of it, do you ever consider that whatever managers you'd shortlist - because on the surface they're doing a brilliant job at whatever club they're at - might just be as disliked as Parky is here, for all the same sort of reasons?

So you admit the football has been some of the worst in living memory but still want to keep Parky on?

That's like you having a girlfriend who continually cheats on you, then asking her to marry you.

37Let’s have a row - Page 2 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Mon May 07 2018, 11:24

Natasha Whittam wrote:We gained 43 points via a mix of different things. But the point is it's unlikely we could pull it off again in a stronger division with the same scattergun approach.

Until we get investment, recruitment is going to be a scattergun approach.

I think PP has shown he’s up to the task of succeeding with no money. Not sure I’d be confident if he had cash to spend, but I’m sceptical investment is coming.

38Let’s have a row - Page 2 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Mon May 07 2018, 11:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Until we get investment, recruitment is going to be a scattergun approach.

I think PP has shown he’s up to the task of succeeding with no money. Not sure I’d be confident if he had cash to spend, but I’m sceptical investment is coming.

My scattergun comment was aimed at his team selection, not recruitment.

Even you said after the Burton game you couldn't understand his thinking.

39Let’s have a row - Page 2 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Mon May 07 2018, 12:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Leeds_Trotter wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:One game doesn’t change the fact our promotion and survival have largely been based on defensive tactics, not sure how anyone can argue that point.
It hasn't. Survival has been based on luck and relying on other teams to do us favours.

It's been far from luck mate.

Before a ball was kicked the season that has just ended, most of us would have been happy just to stay up this season, we were one of the bookies favourites for relegation.

The season really could be split into four periods, the first being when we were hit by the harsher embargo and couldn't resign Spearing and played our first nine games without a defensive midfielder in the squad let alone the team and ended up with just 2 points.  We still only had 2 points after eleven games whilst Karl Henry who was signed and by this time the bookies were offering 1,500 to 1 against us staying up!

So a quarter of the season gone and we had only 2 points, bottom of the league but finally had the final piece in our free signings and loans jigsaw squad.

The second phase of the season was up to the time Madine was sold.  It was by far the most productive as the side worked and Madine was the focal point of our attack.  Through necessity we had to avoid defeats in order to catch up with all the teams in front of us - it was the best part of the season for us.

If we hadn't sold Madine there is no reason to suspect we wouldn't have gain the points to save us from relegation much sooner in the season and even maybe allowed the team to play more attractive football for the fans, with the pressure being off us.

The third part of the season was life without Madine when we tried various things which sort of worked for a while.

The fourth and final part of the season was the last eight or nine games when players seemed to be randomly be picked or dropped from the team without any obvious reason - I speculate that probably had something to do with various contract clauses such as bonus payments after a set number of games or loan players being required a certain amount of first team games.

Parkinson did what he had to do to get us over the line with all the handicaps (embargo, no defensive mid, top scorer being sold mid season and not replaced, etc, etc) even if it was ugly to watch.

The three managers who were relegated all had better CV's than Parkinson, Coleman was much in demand after managing Wales, the Barnsley managers (one a Barnsley born and bred boy jumped to Leeds - a bigger club than us - and the other plying his trade with Inter, Real Madrid and Chelsea) and Clough at Burton who managed successfully in the Championship with Derby for four seasons - and I doubt any of them could have done a better job than Parkinson in keeping us up.

No, it wasn't luck that kept us up - and I doubt many other managers would have endured being here with all the hurdles that Parkinson has had to get around.  It might not have pleased the people who pay to go to the games - and they don't have to carry on spending more money on something they don't like but at the end of the day staying up this season meant more to the club than entertaining the fans.

With that in mind - mission achieved.

40Let’s have a row - Page 2 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Mon May 07 2018, 15:11

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Leeds_Trotter wrote:

No it hasn't survival was fought for against all the odds from September Game 12, to the Villa match we produced results equal to a top 10 team during that period.

If we had managed any sort of form after the Villa match ie a point a game we would have been well away from trouble. The bottom line is that after 46 games three teams failed to match our total, sod all to do with luck the table never lies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum