Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Let’s have a row

+10
Sluffy
doffcocker
RustyNail
y2johnny
Leeds_Trotter
finlaymcdanger
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
MartinBWFC
Bolton Rebirth
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Let’s have a row - Page 3 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Mon May 07 2018, 15:44

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Had Burton or Barnsley won, most of you, if not all of you would have been calling for Parky's head.

Going away to both Burton and Barnsley and playing the way we did was awful. The team has shown many times this year, that we play better when we play the ball along the floor, but yet Parky managed to throw away our 6 point lead by insisting on his long ball shite.

42Let’s have a row - Page 3 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Mon May 07 2018, 17:15

Leeds_Trotter wrote:Had Burton or Barnsley won, most of you, if not all of you would have been calling for Parky's head.

Going away to both Burton and Barnsley and playing the way we did was awful. The team has shown many times this year, that we play better when we play the ball along the floor, but yet Parky managed to throw away our 6 point lead by insisting on his long ball shite.

When have we played the ball along the floor this season and got a result? We’ve played the same way all season.

43Let’s have a row - Page 3 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Mon May 07 2018, 18:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't object to the long ball if you have a target man. What I do object to is the number of games we've continued punting the long ball to Le Fondre or Ameobi, when neither are that type of player.

As I've said before, I'd love parky to explain that one. It cost us on several occasions.

Yesterday worked because Wilbraham stepped and played superbly.

44Let’s have a row - Page 3 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Mon May 07 2018, 20:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't object to the long ball if you have a target man. What I do object to is the number of games we've continued punting the long ball to Le Fondre or Ameobi, when neither are that type of player.

As I've said before, I'd love parky to explain that one. It cost us on several occasions.

Yesterday worked because Wilbraham stepped and played superbly.

He'd explain it as I've done on here before, namely Wheater and Beevers were found wanting at this level and a defensive midfield cover was a necessity for them in Henry and Pratley, (2 points from the first eleven games remember) - so that's seven players already needed for defensive duties, leaving four for everything else.

Two of these were wide men - perm any two from Noone, Buckley, Morais and Ameobi - with Madine up front - leaving one attacking midfielder/second striker from Alf, Vela, Karacan, Clough, the other Forest loanee or the Everton lad we saw nothing much of.

Wilbraham was played mostly as a substitute.

When Madine left without a like for like replacement, how else could Parkinson play without leaving Wheater and Beevers open again?

Wilbraham was the only player we had to fill the Madine role and he couldn't play 90 minutes every match at his age.

Playing Alf, Ameobi, the Forest lad, whoever as the lone striker role sort of worked until all the random team selections in the last ten or so games (possibly due to contract clauses/payments) unsettled things and even then IF we had not let in the last second equaliser at Barnsley we wouldn't even had to win against Forest to stay up yesterday.

It all seemed fairly obvious to me.

As for letting the kids play that many clamoured for, it's a bit like saying someone who is good at Atherton Colliery level (that's the sort of level they have been going on loan to) should be playing in our first team.

There's a saying in football that 'if you're good enough, your old enough to be selected for the first team', clearly lads playing in the north west league division two (or whatever level Atherton is) aren't 'good enough' yet.

Just to highlight that further the outstanding goal scorer we had last year who people demanded should be selected for the first team Alex Samizadeh has played just one substitute league game for Kilmarnock this season and that was only for three minutes!

45Let’s have a row - Page 3 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Mon May 07 2018, 21:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's absolute bullshit sluffy, but I can't be arsed arguing, you haven't been to a game this century so I might as well argue with a lamppost.

46Let’s have a row - Page 3 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Mon May 07 2018, 22:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:That's absolute bullshit sluffy, but I can't be arsed arguing, you haven't been to a game this century so I might as well argue with a lamppost.

I've never been to the Sun either but I know it's very hot!

It's not hard to understand why we had to play how we did with the quality of players we had, if people bothered to think about it a bit.

If I had been the manager I would have been a bit braver and more attacking in certain matches against certain teams such as our home match against Burton.  Teams that themselves were struggling and who shouldn't have been given the chance to be on the front foot against us but at the time our system was working, so I guess there was no reason to think it might fail us for that particular match I guess.

I make no apology of viewing football with my head rather than my heart - like most seem to do.  It doesn't mean I want Bolton to win any less than any other nor feel down when we lose.

Our next big hurdle is to deal with the BluMarble loan that falls due in November (there are also a couple of other big loans overdue but they are 'friendly' ones that won't push for payment like BluMarble would).  The money left over from that will I guess determine what is left to build next years squad with, so another season of clinging on might well be the case again.

I see it as a question of necessity to keep the club going.

As someone recently said to me Anderson hasn't taken over the club to spend his and his wife's retirement fund here, it is a business and he isn't here to throw his money down a black hole.  If that means survival and negative football, that is what we will be given whoever the manager happens to be.

Parkinson achieved the target he was given - and no doubt will be given the task to do the same again next season.

47Let’s have a row - Page 3 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Tue May 08 2018, 00:31

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

The only people that should be disappointed with how this season turned out are people that predicted we would be finishing mid table or above.
I'm not sad enough to go back and check but I would wager nobody on here made that prediction. I myself expected us to finish rock bottom and be an embarrassment to the division. We were looking on course for that early on but somehow they turned it around.
It defies logic and belief that people can give no credit whatsoever to the manager with the constraints he's worked under.
If people expect to see entertaining slick passing football with not a penny spent then they need to give their heads a wobble. Either that or I can easily send you a map to where Eastlands is. Season ticket will be a bit more but it will be much better value for your money.

48Let’s have a row - Page 3 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Tue May 08 2018, 08:23

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Whatever you think of Parkinson I am pretty certain he will still be our manager when next season kicks off. It would cost money to get rid of him and more money to find a replacement and we simply don't have sufficient finance to be able to afford this.

49Let’s have a row - Page 3 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Tue May 08 2018, 08:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now the dust has settled a little bit it is time to see where we go from here. I'm still not convinced by Parky but i think he will be here again next season so lets hope he gets some financial backing this summer otherwise next season will be a carbon copy of this one.
If we do get a new owner he may find himself out on his ear anyway, we desperately need someone to come in with real money to stabilise in the Championship.

50Let’s have a row - Page 3 Empty Re: Let’s have a row Tue May 08 2018, 08:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Whatever you think of Parkinson I am pretty certain he will still be our manager when next season kicks off. It would cost money to get rid of him and more money to find a replacement and we simply don't have sufficient finance to be able to afford this.
There''s a vague article about Anderson discussing Parky's future with him over the next few weeks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - although it provides no real detail.

What is interesting about it is that Anderson "is looking to find at least £30 million of funding this summer".

Given that he was prepared to sell up completely for £25 million? a few months back when he prepared a sales prospectus for BWFC it begs a few questions.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum