Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+30
Bollotom2014
WanderersStationSimon
finlaymcdanger
NickFazer
gloswhite
Maurice Greene
bryan458
wessy
rammywhite
Growler
Keegan
Kane57
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
karlypants
xmiles
Nigelbwfc
Dunkels King
Natasha Whittam
DEANO82
observer
BoltonTillIDie
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
Norpig
MartinBWFC
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 32 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 50]

271Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 10:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another day and I'm over the Wyke fiasco. Just hoping that whoever we bring in won't let us down.

272Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 11:04

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:Another day and I'm over the Wyke fiasco. Just hoping that whoever we bring in won't let us down.
Yep, let's hope it's a good in. Not sure about buying players with knee injuries anyway.

Think werew going to have the usual last day panic buys from all clubs.

273Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 11:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks to me like we're back at our favourite haunt.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

274Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 11:13

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

boltonbonce wrote:Looks to me like we're back at our favourite haunt.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back? We've never been away from there. As I say only Notts Forest are buying at the moment. It's a very slow transfer market. Think it's going to be panic buys.

275Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 11:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A month or so ago,I was thinking a mid table finish might be a possibility. 

I'm now having to think again.

276Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 11:21

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we’ll get Wyke...

277Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 11:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I think we’ll get Wyke...
It's certainly very possible that it's a brinkmanship move...

278Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 11:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not sure I want him.

279Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 11:32

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

With a knee injury? I'd rather steer clear now.

280Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 11:35

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Ffs sluffy

One rule for one and all that

Wonder if your response would of been the same if it was lusty or bread.

Good joke btw Cajun. Im pissing myself. 

Dropping like flies on here, and this bullshit is just making it worse.

Why would my reply be any different if it was Wanderlust or Bread?

I've allowed both of them to be abusive to me over the years but I've always played fair to everybody on here - even them.

Cajan made a bad joke - no more, no less.

I'm sure he regrets it.

What more do you want?

Do you want me to ban him or something?

What exactly would you do?

In fact I've offered you a open ended invitation to be a mod on here and help make things better for all of us - the offer still stands.

As I've said I'm not going to be around much in the next few months and with a new season starting, LT as a new Admin and plans to try and reach out and get a few younger members now is a great time to make Nuts into something you would enjoy.

So how about it - help us improve things.

It needs something sluffy as the whole off season has been horrendous.  You and lusty just basically copying and pasting your row from the day before and every other member trying to discuss other things around it. 

That's why ive not posted much. And why others probably havent either.

Let's hope the sub team can improve it and we can move on from tit for tat point scoring.

281Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 14:24

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Basically I think Bradford have held things up in a bid to get someone to pay more than Wyke is really worth at the last minute. It's obvious we're not going to do that because we can't and it's becoming equally obvious that Sunderland are either very close to or have actually lost patience with Bradford's posturing. Given that Wyke has made it clear he's NOT going to sign a new deal and he's had a recent injury I'd look to get him off the books soon as possible but Bradford are playing a game that could very easily boomerang on them and leave them losing his services for nothing next year.

However we do still desperately need at least one striker imo so it's not a surprise to me that the club is looking elsewhere now. I think it's likely that the club had a list of potential targets for the position and Wyke may have been number 1 on that list but he wouldn't have been the ONLY possibility. Hopefully someone else on the list is available at a price we can afford and he'll be somebody who improves the team as a whole.

282Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 15:22

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

rammywhite wrote:

With a knee injury? I'd rather steer clear now.
I agree, that knee is very worrying.

It's no joke.

283Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 15:30

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

So you are still trying to convey you are in the know and divulging confidential patient information.

Amazing.

284Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 15:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If that's true it's not an ACL issue.

285Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 15:37

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:So you are still trying to convey you are in the know and divulging confidential patient information.

Amazing.
Sorry, I thought the thread was Transfer Humour.

286Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 16:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No rumours of us actually signing anyone then?

287Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 16:36

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Karl Henry still a free agent - when asked by a fan is he ready, he replied: I’m ready and waiting.

288Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 16:44

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Karl Henry still a free agent - when asked by a fan is he ready, he replied: I’m ready and waiting.
I'm amazed we let him go, without him we'd probably be playing League 1 football this season.

It was a very strange decision.

289Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 16:52

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Cajunboy wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:Karl Henry still a free agent - when asked by a fan is he ready, he replied: I’m ready and waiting.
I'm amazed we let him go, without him we'd probably be playing League 1 football this season.

It was a very strange decision.
It was more a wages issue than a football one mate. As I understand it Phil wanted to bring in someone younger who'd cost less in salary and have a potential resale value which Karl wouldn't have. I suspect he'd struggle at Championship level now though. Given the fact he's still a free agent it doesn't seem like anyone's desperate for his services either.

290Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 17:01

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

might just be saving a couple of months wages Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 32 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum