Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should Coyle stay?

+13
BoltonTillIDie
xmiles
MartinBWFC
doffcocker
jayjay23
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
Spillthebeans
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
largehat
aaron_bwfc
Bolton Nuts
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Should Coyle stay? Empty Should Coyle stay? Tue Aug 28 2012, 22:18

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Well?

I am a fan of letting Coyle continue for now. As atrocious as that may sound to some of you - but who else are we gonna get? et us see if he learns from this. We could have all been singing a different tune if only Sordell was not offside or if the own goal didn't go in.

I get people's points but I still live in (albeit fading) hope that Coyle will learn and grow.

So whadd'ya say? Give the man another chance. You said ten games to prove himself. Are you going to pull that away because of tonight?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Should Coyle stay? Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Tue Aug 28 2012, 22:19

He's not going to learn anything in the next six games that he couldn't have learned over the last 50.

3Should Coyle stay? Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Tue Aug 28 2012, 22:23

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Nope, he didn't learn from the wembley farce, he didn't learn on more than one occasion last season when we looked odds on for a point playing 4-5-1 only to fuck it up by going 4-4-2.

He does it again tonight and we go out to crawley who were league 2 last season against a strong side (who a lot played for us in the premier league last season).

As I said on the crawley match thread, if we only take than 1 point from the next 2 games then he has to go.

4Should Coyle stay? Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Tue Aug 28 2012, 22:23

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Time is running out for Owen...

5Should Coyle stay? Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Tue Aug 28 2012, 22:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneOinCoyle wrote:He's not going to learn anything in the next six games that he couldn't have learned over the last 50.

Exactly. The guy is clueless, I really cannot believe Gartside/Davies are going to give him any longer. Why can't they see what is bloody obvious to every Bolton fan out there?

6Should Coyle stay? Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Tue Aug 28 2012, 22:26

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Megson must be laughing his ginger tits off.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

7Should Coyle stay? Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Tue Aug 28 2012, 22:29

Spillthebeans

Spillthebeans
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

he should have gone 3 months ago, problem is who would come in, and at what cost

8Should Coyle stay? Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Tue Aug 28 2012, 22:30

i can't claim to know an awful lot about football, but is it normal to change a winning formation?

9Should Coyle stay? Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Tue Aug 28 2012, 22:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spillthebeans wrote:he should have gone 3 months ago, problem is who would come in, and at what cost

I take your point, but is there a manager out there who could do any worse?

10Should Coyle stay? Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Tue Aug 28 2012, 22:31

Spillthebeans

Spillthebeans
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:i can't claim to know an awful lot about football, but is it normal to change a winning formation?

only if your name is Owen Coyle

11Should Coyle stay? Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Tue Aug 28 2012, 22:35

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well clearly he can't organise a defence, he's made that clear, he certainly can't get this team playing possession football either.

I was excited by Coyle because i wanted to see some exciting football, thats it really, and he hasn't done it.

I wanted to see if he could do it in the Championship... so far, oh dear.

12Should Coyle stay? Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Tue Aug 28 2012, 22:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
OneOinCoyle wrote:He's not going to learn anything in the next six games that he couldn't have learned over the last 50.

Exactly. The guy is clueless, I really cannot believe Gartside/Davies are going to give him any longer. Why can't they see what is bloody obvious to every Bolton fan out there?

+2

I've been saying this for ages - a man who has no footballing savvy whatsoever is not suddenly going to learn it overnight, even if he now manages in a division lower than he did before.

Coyle has only got one plan in his locker 4-4-2 with two wingers - every opposition team knows what to expect and everyone plans on not only how to stop it but also how to beat it!

He doesn't know / want to try / is too stubborn / whatever - to do anything else.

He really is clueless - worse manager in my lifetime at the club - honestly.

Last edited by Sluffy on Tue Aug 28 2012, 23:58; edited 1 time in total

13Should Coyle stay? Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Tue Aug 28 2012, 22:49

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He keeps picking Kevin Davies. So for that he can go now. I thought Coyle would entertain us but I didn't expect him to do it by making us watch jokes running around on the pitch in Bolton shirts.

PS, a little tit bit for you. Bolton haven't conceded a goal this season with Kevin Davies off the pitch.

14Should Coyle stay? Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Tue Aug 28 2012, 23:03

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I have my visions of how the season is going to pan out with Coyle in charge based on his forever questionable judgement of the last 18 months. It isn't pretty.

If he was sacked tomorrow, I would be happy.

15Should Coyle stay? Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Tue Aug 28 2012, 23:24

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Absolutely not, he is clueless, and has a team of notreets as his backup, he will only lead us into a relegation scrap this season.

16Should Coyle stay? Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Tue Aug 28 2012, 23:40

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I said I would give him 10 games but it's very difficult to believe that anything is going to change for the better in the next 6 games. Coyle seems completely incapable of learning from his mistakes. His tactics and substitutions make no sense.

I would be happy to see him go now.

17Should Coyle stay? Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Tue Aug 28 2012, 23:51

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The end if nigh, if we don't significantly improve in the next couple of games I can see him being replaced...I was all for giving him a chance, but I am now believing he isn't the right man for the job (lovely man though)

18Should Coyle stay? Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Tue Aug 28 2012, 23:59

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't think he's in imminent danger of the sack at this point. It'd take something like 3-4 defeats on the bounce out of the next 8 games for him to be close to the door. Essentially if he ends up miles behind the target of 2 points a game, then he will go. Rightly or wrongly, the club is desperate not to sack him.

Gartside will look at tonight's result and tell himself the league cup is our lowest priority this season. Again, rightly or wrongly.

19Should Coyle stay? Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Wed Aug 29 2012, 00:50

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Same old story ....it's big eddie and Darkside that have to go ....to be replaced with owners that will not accept what is happening on the pitch. By default that would that for OC.
We all know about loyalty and dedication to the club etc etc ...but if you want to win .....need to chop of the head of the snake. Now none of this will make any diference this season.
Can anybody really see us winning away games ???? that's what we have to do to be in the promotion pack.
Turn around and hammer Hull on Saturday and opinions will change.... I wouldn't bet mi mortgage on it though.

20Should Coyle stay? Empty Re: Should Coyle stay? Wed Aug 29 2012, 00:56

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's a funny old league, terenceanne.

Whichever two teams finish 1 and 2 at the end of the season won't be immune to some odd results. They'll get hammered at home by teams who finish in the bottom third and they will go through a winless streak at some point too. We're not used to being in a close league, we're used to the same 5 or so clubs reliably picking up points year in, year out, and there being a massive gap between 6th place and 16th place in terms of points.

I don't think winning at Hull would tell us an awful lot. It's how we track against that target of 2 points per game as time goes on that I'm looking at, and at the moment we're behind already. Even if we win at Hull we'll still be behind it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum