Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

We can still stay up - and will.

+17
y2johnny
wessy
okocha
MartinBWFC
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
karlypants
rammywhite
Norpig
Boggersbelief
Soul Kitchen
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
observer
Sluffy
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1We can still stay up - and will. Empty We can still stay up - and will. Tue May 01 2018, 23:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I've not been around much in the last week or so and the defeatists and mentalists seem to be dominating most of the threads at the moment but are things really as bad as they think?

Yes of course we are no longer in control of our destiny going into the last game but the key fixtures have fallen kindly for us and the right results in all of them are in all honesty a more likely outcome than not.

Obviously we have to win but we are at home and play Forest who have nothing to play for and hopefully in spirit if not body, are already on the beech.

We have to go for the win - and in all honesty we should be able to get it too!

If we do, nay, when we do, we will have two more points than either Barnsley or Burton - meaning they would have to win their games to keep ahead of us - and thus stand their best chance of avoiding relegation.

The teams they play are (Barnsley at) Derby and (Burton at) Preston.

The thing that makes it interesting though is that Derby currently sit the last play-off place on 72 points and Preston are the team immediately below them on 70 points.

In reality the last play-off spot can only be filled by one of these teams.

Preston HAVE to win to stand any chance and Derby HAVE to avoid defeat.

So it is certainly not unreasonable for Derby to take at least a point from Barnsley, and for Preston to go all out for the win against Burton.

If Bolton win - and they should do - and Barnsley and Burton each don't win away at two sides going for the last remaining play-off place - then we will have avoided relegation.

Yes, I know, not everything goes to plan but if you were impartial to the goings on, I think most people would back us to win against Forest and for Barnsley and Burton not to take full points at Derby and Preston respectively.

The big fat lady as certainly not sung just yet!

Keep positive lads, we can still do this.

2We can still stay up - and will. Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Wed May 02 2018, 01:05

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:I've not been around much in the last week or so and the defeatists and mentalists seem to be dominating most of the threads at the moment but are things really as bad as they think?

Yes of course we are no longer in control of our destiny going into the last game but the key fixtures have fallen kindly for us and the right results in all of them are in all honesty a more likely outcome than not.

Obviously we have to win but we are at home and play Forest who have nothing to play for and hopefully in spirit if not body, are already on the beech.

We have to go for the win - and in all honesty we should be able to get it too!

If we do, nay, when we do, we will have two more points than either Barnsley or Burton - meaning they would have to win their games to keep ahead of us - and thus stand their best chance of avoiding relegation.

The teams they play are (Barnsley at) Derby and (Burton at) Preston.

The thing that makes it interesting though is that Derby currently sit the last play-off place on 72 points and Preston are the team immediately below them on 70 points.

In reality the last play-off spot can only be filled by one of these teams.

Preston HAVE to win to stand any chance and Derby HAVE to avoid defeat.

So it is certainly not unreasonable for Derby to take at least a point from Barnsley, and for Preston to go all out for the win against Burton.

If Bolton win - and they should do - and Barnsley and Burton each don't win away at two sides going for the last remaining play-off place - then we will have avoided relegation.

Yes, I know, not everything goes to plan but if you were impartial to the goings on, I think most people would back us to win against Forest and for Barnsley and Burton not to take full points at Derby and Preston respectively.

The big fat lady as certainly not sung just yet!

Keep positive lads, we can still do this.

I hope Parky is reading this and knows we need to win!  I too have hope... though it has been dented these past few weeks.

3We can still stay up - and will. Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Wed May 02 2018, 08:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I've not been around much in the last week or so and the defeatists and mentalists seem to be dominating most of the threads at the moment but are things really as bad as they think?

Suggesting we are staying up makes you the mentalist.

4We can still stay up - and will. Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Wed May 02 2018, 08:20

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I can see Barnsley only getting a point or losing and Burton losing but can see no evidence that we will beat Forest based on our current form.

5We can still stay up - and will. Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Wed May 02 2018, 08:23

Agree with Xmiles. Forest had nothing to play for against Barnsley and beat them 2-0. Karanka is an intense character, they’ll be well drilled and they have a young squad who’ll be up for it. 

Ive thought we’re going down for a fee weeks now, nice to have a chance though.

6We can still stay up - and will. Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Wed May 02 2018, 08:35

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

xmiles wrote:I can see Barnsley only getting a point or losing and Burton losing but can see no evidence that we will beat Forest based on our current form.

+1
Barnsley and Burton will slip up and we won't get three points!

7We can still stay up - and will. Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Wed May 02 2018, 08:51

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Agree with Xmiles. Forest had nothing to play for against Barnsley and beat them 2-0. Karanka is an intense character, they’ll be well drilled and they have a young squad who’ll be up for it. 

Ive thought we’re going down for a fee weeks now, nice to have a chance though.

It was 3-0

8We can still stay up - and will. Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Wed May 02 2018, 08:53

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Birmingham will go down, Fulham will tonk them about 4-0. So hopefully we can grind out a win

9We can still stay up - and will. Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Wed May 02 2018, 10:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It still leaves us relying on 2 out of 3 other teams getting beat and us winning, i'll bet the odds on that happening would be quite high.

10We can still stay up - and will. Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Wed May 02 2018, 11:03

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:It still leaves us relying on 2 out of 3 other teams getting beat and us winning, i'll bet the odds on that happening would be quite high.

Too high- I think we won't manage it because it depends on us winning and I can't see that happening.

11We can still stay up - and will. Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Wed May 02 2018, 11:10

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:It still leaves us relying on 2 out of 3 other teams getting beat and us winning, i'll bet the odds on that happening would be quite high.

As Sluffy said, the odds are more in our favour I’d say.

Burton and Barnsley are dogshit (as are we).. I can’t see either of them going away to promotion hopefuls and winning.

Whereas we are not as shit at home as we are away and we are due a win.

12We can still stay up - and will. Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Wed May 02 2018, 11:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

As Sluffy said, the odds are more in our favour I’d say.

Burton and Barnsley are dogshit (as are we).. I can’t see either of them going away to promotion hopefuls and winning.

Whereas we are not as shit at home as we are away and we are due a win.
We had been due an away win for yonks though Boggers and that didn’t happen did it.

I realistically don’t think we will stay up now.

13We can still stay up - and will. Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Wed May 02 2018, 11:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We at least have a chance, even though we need 3 results to go our way to do it. I just hope we can show the fight and determination that Burton showed against us.

14We can still stay up - and will. Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Wed May 02 2018, 12:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The lads would still get lost on the way to the opponents goal even if they had a sat nav to guide them there!

15We can still stay up - and will. Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Wed May 02 2018, 13:06

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now is not the time for negativity, now is the time to stand up and be counted.

16We can still stay up - and will. Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Wed May 02 2018, 13:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Now is not the time for negativity, now is the time to stand up and be counted.

Shut your fat face Boggers, anyone feeling positive right now is a fucking mentalist.

17We can still stay up - and will. Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Wed May 02 2018, 13:18

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we were all the crew on a sinking ship, I’d be the one plugging all the holes whilst you lot watched and shook your heads

18We can still stay up - and will. Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Wed May 02 2018, 13:20

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boggersbelief wrote:If we were all the crew on a sinking ship, I’d be the one plugging all the holes whilst you lot watched and shook your heads
Can you play defense?  We have a couple of holes there.  All we need is one good game, a couple of goals, and hope results go our way.  Not too much to ask!

19We can still stay up - and will. Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Wed May 02 2018, 13:21

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:If we were all the crew on a sinking ship, I’d be the one plugging all the holes whilst you lot watched and shook your heads

Nat will see something vulgar in that comment

20We can still stay up - and will. Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Wed May 02 2018, 13:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Now is not the time for negativity, now is the time to stand up and be counted.
The players need to stand up and do the biz!!!

Why should it always be the fans that have to keep pushing the team?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum