Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

We can still stay up - and will.

+17
y2johnny
wessy
okocha
MartinBWFC
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
karlypants
rammywhite
Norpig
Boggersbelief
Soul Kitchen
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
observer
Sluffy
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

41We can still stay up - and will. - Page 3 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Wed May 02, 2018 7:19 pm

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Burton and Barnsley have shown more balls in the last few weeks than we've shown all season. They won't be rolling over for Derby or North End.

Just like Derby or North End won’t be rolling over for them. Difference is these two teams have real quality and just as much to play for.

42We can still stay up - and will. - Page 3 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Wed May 02, 2018 8:07 pm

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Great that both Barnsley and Burton also have to win can see them drawing but Derby have helped to put us in this position losing to Burton and Sunderland yet tonking us. Derby unreliable at the very least

43We can still stay up - and will. - Page 3 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Thu May 03, 2018 10:29 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Great that both Barnsley and Burton also have to win can see them drawing but Derby have helped to put us in this position losing to Burton and Sunderland yet tonking us. Derby unreliable at the very least
Derby have been very unreliable but they can be caught by PNE which would put them out of the playoffs if they lose so it would be incredibly disappointing if either team didn't bring their A game. That said, if Derby are winning comfortably towards the end of the game, PNE might drop heads and cock it up - and I don't suppose they'd give a second thought to us going down given our playoff history with them. 
But if I could pick two teams to be our rival's opposition for the final game, Derby and PNE would be my choice and in that respect we've had a bit of luck in that the fixtures worked out so that they are the only two teams apart from Fulham and Cardiff who are battling for something.

44We can still stay up - and will. - Page 3 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Thu May 03, 2018 11:25 am

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:
wessy wrote:Great that both Barnsley and Burton also have to win can see them drawing but Derby have helped to put us in this position losing to Burton and Sunderland yet tonking us. Derby unreliable at the very least
Derby have been very unreliable but they can be caught by PNE which would put them out of the playoffs if they lose so it would be incredibly disappointing if either team didn't bring their A game. That said, if Derby are winning comfortably towards the end of the game, PNE might drop heads and cock it up - and I don't suppose they'd give a second thought to us going down given our playoff history with them. 
But if I could pick two teams to be our rival's opposition for the final game, Derby and PNE would be my choice and in that respect we've had a bit of luck in that the fixtures worked out so that they are the only two teams apart from Fulham and Cardiff who are battling for something.
:agree:

(Not often we do eh, lusty Wink )

45We can still stay up - and will. - Page 3 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Thu May 03, 2018 1:13 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

So there's just the little matter of beating Forest then....

46We can still stay up - and will. - Page 3 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Thu May 03, 2018 1:49 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Which isn’t going to happen....

47We can still stay up - and will. - Page 3 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Thu May 03, 2018 2:33 pm

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We just have to beat Forest

48We can still stay up - and will. - Page 3 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Thu May 03, 2018 6:28 pm

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

karlypants wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Fucking hell kp.  Who got to you?  Was it Nat?  hes fucking brainwashed you hasnt he?  (No its not a typo!)

49We can still stay up - and will. - Page 3 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Thu May 03, 2018 7:20 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
karlypants wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Fucking hell kp.  Who got to you?  Was it Nat?  hes fucking brainwashed you hasnt he?  (No its not a typo!)
I have gone somewhat positive to be fair in Norpig’s comp with a 1-1 draw with Alnwick the goal scorer. 

Ken said we will be all out attacking this time so I expect him to be banging the headers in off the corners! Smile

50We can still stay up - and will. - Page 3 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Sun May 06, 2018 2:34 pm

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

WOW. Sluffy was right and so was Ken with his "all out attacking" speech. Fair play. However Parky still has to be booted out.

51We can still stay up - and will. - Page 3 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Sun May 06, 2018 2:48 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Never had any doubts to be honest when I wrote what I did at the start of this thread.

Derby and Preston were never going to roll over so that meant we only had to win.

If we couldn't win our last game in front of our rabid fans against a team that had absolutely nothing to play for then we would have fully deserved to go down.

Tbf we made it much harder than I thought it would have been but with the fans fully behind us we got the result and I'm really pleased Wilbraham got the winner and Parkinson (started the season under an embargo - no defensive midfielder in the squad until the embargo was lifted 9 games (and only 2 points in), were being quoted at 1,500 to 1 AGAINST staying up by the bookies, and had his top scorer and the teams key player sold halfway through the season without a proper replacement) kept us up!

They did it despite the abuse they received from so many.

52We can still stay up - and will. - Page 3 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Sun May 06, 2018 3:18 pm

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:Never had any doubts to be honest when I wrote what I did at the start of this thread.

Derby and Preston were never going to roll over so that meant we only had to win.

If we couldn't win our last game in front of our rabid fans against a team that had absolutely nothing to play for then we would have fully deserved to go down.

Tbf we made it much harder than I thought it would have been but with the fans fully behind us we got the result and I'm really pleased Wilbraham got the winner and Parkinson (started the season under an embargo - no defensive midfielder in the squad until the embargo was lifted 9 games (and only 2 points in), were being quoted at 1,500 to 1 AGAINST staying up by the bookies, and had his top scorer and the teams key player sold halfway through the season without a proper replacement) kept us up!

The thing is Sluffy, in the last five or six games most of the players looked like they didn't give a shit. That is the problem. Look at Burton. Relegated, but gave it everything in every game. Don't get me wrong, I am so chuffed that we stayed up, but the players haven't exactly covered themselves in glory. All anyone asks is that they give 100% when they pull on the White Shirt. That has not been the case for most of them.

53We can still stay up - and will. - Page 3 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Sun May 06, 2018 3:27 pm

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We go again with a new manager, and a lot of new faces.

54We can still stay up - and will. - Page 3 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Sun May 06, 2018 3:29 pm

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

MartinBWFC wrote:We go again with a new manager, and a lot of new faces.

I'm a little nervous about that. I do hope Parky goes, but I will believe it if and when it happens.

55We can still stay up - and will. - Page 3 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Sun May 06, 2018 3:46 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Dunkels King wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Never had any doubts to be honest when I wrote what I did at the start of this thread.

The thing is Sluffy, in the last five or six games most of the players looked like they didn't give a shit. That is the problem. Look at Burton. Relegated, but gave it everything in every game. Don't get me wrong, I am so chuffed that we stayed up, but the players haven't exactly covered themselves in glory. All anyone asks is that they give 100% when they pull on the White Shirt. That has not been the case for most of them.

The thing is though the season has 46 games to it and Parkinson and the players got us - against the odds (sterner embargo/no centre mid until embargo lifted/selling key player and top goal scorer halfway through the season, etc) to the last game of the season with us having a reasonably good chance of staying up.

I expect other things have been happening in the background too that have effected things on the pitch that we have never heard about - probably effecting various players availability and thus team selections.

It came down to the last match and as I've said above of how the games fell we only really needed to win or last match, at home, in front of our great support, to stay up - which we did (even though we had to do it the Bolton way and make it difficult for ourselves).

We were the favourities to go down at the start of the season - we were under embargo, had warring co-owners and massive debts thanks to Holdsworth and his BluMarble loan.  We built the team on loans and out of contract players that no other teams seem to want.

A massive amount as been achieved both on and off the pitch.  Anderson deserves praise for us even still having a club to support - yet moonmen like Wanderlust believe he's robbing the club blind - and Parkinson lauded that he kept us up with what he was given - yet simpletons like Martin (anybody seen much of him since we won - because as sure as eggs are eggs he would have been all over this forum telling us what he thinks of Parkinson if we hadn't!) moans and is foul mouthed because he's not got us playing like Brazil!

Yes, maybe he should have been more positive and bolder at times but he's achieved a minor miracle considering what challenges he's had to face this season (and last).

He deserves a medal not a bullet!

56We can still stay up - and will. - Page 3 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Sun May 06, 2018 4:01 pm

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
You're wrong of course, tell me this, how has Parkinson kept us up? we'd have been relegated weeks if not months ago but for other teams around us being equally shit if not shitter, Parkinson has got lucky in that Burton and Barnsley have been shooting themselves in the foot, let's not give Parkinson any credit for them two being shitter than we have eh.

57We can still stay up - and will. - Page 3 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Sun May 06, 2018 4:06 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
You're wrong of course, tell me this, how has Parkinson kept us up? we'd have been relegated weeks if not months ago but for other teams around us being equally shit if not shitter, Parkinson has got lucky in that Burton and Barnsley have been shooting themselves in the foot, let's not give Parkinson any credit for them two being shitter than we have eh.

Are you for real?

We had the same conversation last week too - and I'm not the only one who thinks you're talking out your arse!

Bwfc1958 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:He's got out of jail free if we manage to stay up, and had it not been for the teams in and around us blowing hot and cold we'd have been relegated several weeks ago, so in reality if we stay up it will be thanks to two more sides being worse than we've been, Parkinson gets no credit in mine and a lot of others eyes.

Eh???

Isn't that how relegation works, the worse teams get relegated and the teams that aren't the worst stay up?

Exactly. I think Parky must have shagged Martin's wife or something. Never heard owt like it.

58We can still stay up - and will. - Page 3 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Sun May 06, 2018 4:12 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I suspect Parky will still be our manager come August, people quickly forget the shitfests against Birmingham, Burton etc when you stay up in such spectacular style.

Personally I'd get rid of Parky, because I don't believe we will progress under him. He is far too cautious, we got away with it this year, but I can't believe the Championship will be as crap next season.

59We can still stay up - and will. - Page 3 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Sun May 06, 2018 4:12 pm

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
Are you for real?

We had the same conversation last week too - and I'm not the only one who thinks you're talking out your arse.

You're being blinded by one great performance, you slag Coyle off, but heap praise on a piss poor manager, you just don't know very much about football if you think Parkinson deserves anything other than the sack.

60We can still stay up - and will. - Page 3 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Sun May 06, 2018 4:27 pm

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Personally im 50 50 on whether I want him to stay or go. He’s done a fantastic job getting us out of league one and keeping us up. His style is way too conservative to compete at this level, but I feel he’s been forced to play a certain way, he has one of the poorest squads in the league so has had to go into every game set up to contain the opposition and hope to nick a goal.

I’d like to see him with a bit of cash behind him, to replace Madine and add a touch of quality.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum