Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will We Stay Up.

+8
Norpig
carrs
Boggersbelief
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Will We Stay Up.

Will We Stay Up. Vote_lcap38%Will We Stay Up. Vote_rcap 38% [ 9 ]
Will We Stay Up. Vote_lcap21%Will We Stay Up. Vote_rcap 21% [ 5 ]
Will We Stay Up. Vote_lcap41%Will We Stay Up. Vote_rcap 41% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 24

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Will We Stay Up. Empty Will We Stay Up. Wed Aug 20 2014, 11:05

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just a quick heads up to see where we're at, seeing that our squad is one of the worst in the championship, do we have the fight to stay up?

2Will We Stay Up. Empty Re: Will We Stay Up. Wed Aug 20 2014, 11:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Freedman is kept on past Christmas then no, we definitely won't stay up.

3Will We Stay Up. Empty Re: Will We Stay Up. Wed Aug 20 2014, 11:22

I honestly have no idea.

But the signs ain't good.

If you extrapolate our points tally thus far over a full season, we'll wind up on 16 points and, at the risk of sounding alarmist, it's just a hunch but I don't think that'll be enough to stay up.

We're averaging 40% possession in our home games and confidence is clearly low.

If Freedman pulls a rabbit out of his hat and we sign a couple of gems on loan and he actually plays them and they gel and they stay injury free and the wind's in the right direction and the stars align and a whole host of other stuff......we may be ok.

But right now, today, as things stand, I'm not very confident.

4Will We Stay Up. Empty Re: Will We Stay Up. Wed Aug 20 2014, 11:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Course we will stay up.

The season doesn't start for us until the transfer window shuts and the 'loan' window opens.

That's how we've done business for the last two seasons and I expect the same this.

We are linked with the young Liverpool winger, possibly the Crewe striker (but seems others like Wolves and Everton are keen which probably means we have no chance), and the young united striker.

That will change our team if and when those new faces (and / or others) come in.

Our defence is fundimentally flawed in my opinion, I simply don't rate Wheater or Mills.  This will mean we will always have to play defensive players in midfield, which in turn takes away from, and therefore weakens, our attack.

The youngsters in on loan could help improve that by having speed to break in numbers on the counter attack, which we simply don't have at the moment.

I don't see us having a good season but then again I can't see us getting relegated.

I think we've got to accept that we simply are no longer as good as we were just a few years back ,or importantly think we have a right to be.

The party is long since over.

5Will We Stay Up. Empty Re: Will We Stay Up. Wed Aug 20 2014, 11:41

You're a braver man than I, Sluff, making bold predictions like that one.

I'm sure there are plenty of Pompey and Wolves fans who also never even considered the possibility of dropping out of the Championship after their recent exploits in the Prem.....

6Will We Stay Up. Empty Re: Will We Stay Up. Wed Aug 20 2014, 11:43

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

As things stand with DF in charge, not a hope. If he goes now and a solid manager comes in then yes we'll stay up even with our current squad. DF's problem is simply that (in my opinion) he's out of ideas and we're making the same costly errors we made last season. The point sluffy makes about signings on loan is a good one but it might not happen and the fact we have to rely on them to save us is at best risky and at worst suicidal. We're standing still on and off the field and clubs that do that get overtaken. 

I fear for us, badly and feel the change should have been made in May but since it wasn't then I'd say the sooner the better.

7Will We Stay Up. Empty Re: Will We Stay Up. Wed Aug 20 2014, 11:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:As things stand with DF in charge, not a hope. If he goes now and a solid manager comes in then yes we'll stay up even with our current squad. DF's problem is simply that (in my opinion) he's out of ideas and we're making the same costly errors we made last season. The point sluffy makes about signings on loan is a good one but it might not happen and the fact we have to rely on them to save us is at best risky and at worst suicidal. We're standing still on and off the field and clubs that do that get overtaken. 

I fear for us, badly and feel the change should have been made in May but since it wasn't then I'd say the sooner the better.
 :agree:

8Will We Stay Up. Empty Re: Will We Stay Up. Wed Aug 20 2014, 11:47

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Course we will stay up.

The season doesn't start for us until the transfer window shuts and the 'loan' window opens.

That's how we've done business for the last two seasons and I expect the same this.

We are linked with the young Liverpool winger, possibly the Crewe striker (but seems others like Wolves and Everton are keen which probably means we have no chance), and the young united striker.

That will change our team if and when those new faces (and / or others) come in.

Our defence is fundimentally flawed in my opinion, I simply don't rate Wheater or Mills.  This will mean we will always have to play defensive players in midfield, which in turn takes away from, and therefore weakens, our attack.

The youngsters in on loan could help improve that by having speed to break in numbers on the counter attack, which we simply don't have at the moment.

I don't see us having a good season but then again I can't see us getting relegated.

I think we've got to accept that we simply are no longer as good as we were just a few years back ,or importantly think we have a right to be.

The party is long since over.

Great post

9Will We Stay Up. Empty Re: Will We Stay Up. Wed Aug 20 2014, 11:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Breadman wrote:You're a braver man than I, Sluff, making bold predictions like that one.

I'm sure there are plenty of Pompey and Wolves fans who also never even considered the possibility of dropping out of the Championship after their recent exploits in the Prem.....

I still think there is money behind the club, unlike the problems that Portsmouth and Wolves had in that respect.

If I'm right, I think we will get a steady flow of loan players through the club until the 'tap' is turned off.

I think we are stuck in our current position until the remnants of Coyle's disastourous and expensively contracted players such as Mills, Wheater, Pratley - and Dougie's more high price signing failures such as Beckford and maybe Trotter - are gone.

Therefore at least another two seasons like this at the best!

Not something to look forward too but as long as someone is still putting money into the club (and in my opinion that doesn't mean Davies), then we will struggle but survive.

I could be wrong obviously - but that is my reasoning on what will happen.

10Will We Stay Up. Empty Re: Will We Stay Up. Wed Aug 20 2014, 11:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Funny how the ones saying we will stay up (sluffy, Hipster, Boggers & wanderlust) didn't go last night.

I urge you all to get to the next home game and see for yourself just how poor we are. I don't believe anyone (except Biggie) could come away from that shite thinking we aren't ripe for relegation.

11Will We Stay Up. Empty Re: Will We Stay Up. Wed Aug 20 2014, 11:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I think we are stuck in our current position until the remnants of Coyle's disastourous and expensively contracted players such as Mills, Wheater, Pratley - and Dougie's more high price signing failures such as Beckford and maybe Trotter - are gone.

The likes of Trotter, Beckford & Hall will only go when Freedman goes. If he doesn't expect more shite along those lines.

12Will We Stay Up. Empty Re: Will We Stay Up. Wed Aug 20 2014, 11:58

i remember thinking when it was fairly certain we would go down that maybe a year in the championship will be a good thing, allow us to get rid of the deadwood and rebuild.  Maybe a year in league 1 will finally allow us to do that!

13Will We Stay Up. Empty Re: Will We Stay Up. Wed Aug 20 2014, 12:00

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:i remember thinking when it was fairly certain we would go down that maybe a year in the championship will be a good thing, allow us to get rid of the deadwood and rebuild.  Maybe a year in league 1 will finally allow us to do that!

It worked for leeds

14Will We Stay Up. Empty Re: Will We Stay Up. Wed Aug 20 2014, 12:02

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

y2johnny wrote:i remember thinking when it was fairly certain we would go down that maybe a year in the championship will be a good thing, allow us to get rid of the deadwood and rebuild.  Maybe a year in league 1 will finally allow us to do that!

Go on go the whole way. Last time wasn't as bad as this at least then we got some enjoyment and could afford to go to games home and away.

15Will We Stay Up. Empty Re: Will We Stay Up. Wed Aug 20 2014, 13:12

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i think we will stay up but only just, i can see another season like the last one, it's almost like deja vu.

its ok getting a loan of loan players in the short term but i would rather see some more experienced players coming in instead of 18 year olds from Liverpool and players out of contract at Crewe and we still need a striker for gods sake!

16Will We Stay Up. Empty Re: Will We Stay Up. Wed Aug 20 2014, 13:18

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Funny how the ones saying we will stay up (sluffy, Hipster, Boggers & wanderlust) didn't go last night.

I urge you all to get to the next home game and see for yourself just how poor we are. I don't believe anyone (except Biggie) could come away from that shite thinking we aren't ripe for relegation.
The next away game would be more suitable for them 4 surely.

17Will We Stay Up. Empty Re: Will We Stay Up. Wed Aug 20 2014, 13:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Funny how the ones saying we will stay up (sluffy, Hipster, Boggers & wanderlust) didn't go last night.

The next away game would be more suitable for them 4 surely.

...says the man who doesn't even live in this country.

Rolling Eyes 

18Will We Stay Up. Empty Re: Will We Stay Up. Wed Aug 20 2014, 13:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

To be fair I reckon sluffy, Hipster, Boggers and Wanderlust would have a great time in Brighton. Just up their alley.

19Will We Stay Up. Empty Re: Will We Stay Up. Wed Aug 20 2014, 13:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:cop: gay sex alert and for a change it wasn't Breaders!

20Will We Stay Up. Empty Re: Will We Stay Up. Wed Aug 20 2014, 13:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:To be fair I reckon sluffy, Hipster, Boggers and Wanderlust would have a great time in Brighton. Just up their alley.

True story.

About 6 or 7 years ago about this time of year, I said to Mrs and Miss Sluffy that we would get up early the next day and have a weekend at the seaside.

Drove all the way to Brighton only to find they was holding their first Gay Pride march and carnival there!

No where to park, no where to stay, town a nightmare to drive through.

Tried going to Worthing instead but that was basically OAP land, so ended up turning around and coming home.

Not our best day trip out!

Last edited by Sluffy on Wed Aug 20 2014, 13:54; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum