Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

We can still stay up - and will.

+17
y2johnny
wessy
okocha
MartinBWFC
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
karlypants
rammywhite
Norpig
Boggersbelief
Soul Kitchen
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
observer
Sluffy
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

81We can still stay up - and will. - Page 5 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Sun May 06 2018, 18:39

Yes, on paper it was blatantly obvious - but most have watched enough football to know what’s on paper doesn’t count for much.

I think the main doubt most had was over our ability to win, which after the recent run of form is hardly a surprise.

I think you and I are largely in agreement over Parky’s performance though.

82We can still stay up - and will. - Page 5 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Sun May 06 2018, 18:45

On Parky, he’s hit his brief for the second season running - which makes him (without question) our most successful manager since Allardyce.

Has he taken us as far as he can? Yes, he probably has. But could anyone else (who we could attract) do better with the tools available? Possibly, but unlikely - so if he was to go the next appointment would have to be brilliant - and as such represents a massive gamble.

83We can still stay up - and will. - Page 5 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Sun May 06 2018, 19:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Yes, on paper it was blatantly obvious - but most have watched enough football to know what’s on paper doesn’t count for much.

I think the main doubt most had was over our ability to win, which after the recent run of form is hardly a surprise.

I agree football results aren't a guaranteed certainty but for the last match of the season with your future hanging on a one off result I think the results become more predictable particularly when you look at what if anything your opponents have to play for too.

For what it is worth Forest haven't been a particularly outstanding team this season - they actually only finished just four places higher than us - and our home record was actually that of a mid-table club (we finished 19th on 31 points, just two points less than Ipswich who finished 14th) whilst Forest finished in 20th position in away league results with even teams like Sunderland and Burton being better than them this season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have more of a calculating mind rather than an emotional one, so tend to weigh things up rather than go by gut feelings.

It's fine if you don't wish to believe me when I said I had no doubts when I wrote what I did at the start of this thread but that was indeed the way I thought at the time.

I wouldn't have said it otherwise.

It did however look for a short period of time today that Forest were going to prove me wrong though!

84We can still stay up - and will. - Page 5 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Sun May 06 2018, 19:09

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Yes, on paper it was blatantly obvious - but most have watched enough football to know what’s on paper doesn’t count for much.

I agree football results aren't a guaranteed certainty but for the last match of the season with your future hanging on a one off result I think the results become more predictable particularly when you look at what if anything your opponents have to play for too.

For what it is worth Forest haven't been a particularly outstanding team this season - they actually only finished just four places higher than us - and our home record was actually that of a mid-table club (we finished 19th on 31 points, just two points less than Ipswich who finished 14th) whilst Forest finished in 20th position in away league results with even teams like Sunderland and Burton being better than them this season.

I have more of a calculating mind rather than an emotional one, so tend to weigh things up rather than go by gut feelings.

It's fine if you don't wish to believe me when I said I had no doubts when I wrote what I did at the start of this thread but that was indeed the way I thought at the time.  

It did however look for a short period of time today that Forest were going to prove me wrong though!

Fuck me, how many told you so's are you going to get through today? give it a fucking rest, we got lucky.

85We can still stay up - and will. - Page 5 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Sun May 06 2018, 19:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:On Parky, he’s hit his brief for the second season running - which makes him (without question) our most successful manager since Allardyce.

Has he taken us as far as he can? Yes, he probably has. But could anyone else (who we could attract) do better with the tools available? Possibly, but unlikely - so if he was to go the next appointment would have to be brilliant - and as such represents a massive gamble.

If as I suspect he doesn't have a great say in which players we sign and his job is to get the best from what he is given, then we might well see a management style completely different from the one we've seen so far, if the newly built team includes less reliance on a target man and hoofs from the back and a much more solid and secure centre back partnerships and the opportunity to move away from the necessary defensive mids to allow for more ball playing and creative players to be accommodated to unlock defences with through passes on the deck.

If however his brief is the same as this year - until the BluMarble loan is finally settled - then I suspect a team of frees and loans again and to do the best to plug the holes at the back before worrying too much about attractive attacking football.

86We can still stay up - and will. - Page 5 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Sun May 06 2018, 19:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Fuck me, how many told you so's are you going to get through today? give it a fucking rest, we got lucky.

Yes, we got a lucky 43 points throughout the season with such a crap and useless manager and yet brave Sunderland (Coleman - since left), Burton (Clough) and Barnsley (Morais - worked with Mouhrinio at Inter, Real Madrid and Chelsea) with such top quality leaders inexplicably got less points than us - even though non of them were working for part of the season under an embargo, or had the top scorer sold half way through the season and not replaced.

As for giving it a rest isn't that a bit rich from you who bangs on and on about Parkinson every fucking week demanding he be sacked?

87We can still stay up - and will. - Page 5 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Sun May 06 2018, 19:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Ffs.  We are staying up.  Save this for tomorrow.  We won, the sun is out.  Enjoy it
Completely agree mate. Smile

88We can still stay up - and will. - Page 5 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Sun May 06 2018, 19:31

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

I thought we were down, so not sure what you’re on about.

You really are a fucking dope Martin.

89We can still stay up - and will. - Page 5 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Sun May 06 2018, 20:16

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Enjoy the good fortune we had today.  Lady Luck decided to visit us in the 86th minute and stay for the remainder of our season.  We all said that we would be happy to finish one point ahead of the bottom three.  We finished two points ahead.  I'm ecstatic and we all should be.  Whatever we think of Parky and the players was the past.  Now, let's hope we get some influx of money and hope to finish mid-table next season.  For today, I am happy to know that once again we have survived and will stay in the Championship.

90We can still stay up - and will. - Page 5 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Sun May 06 2018, 20:19

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

WE FUCKING WON.

WE ARE STAYING UP.

ITS BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND SO HAVE A BEER. SHUT THE FUCK UP AND ENJOY IT

91We can still stay up - and will. - Page 5 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Sun May 06 2018, 20:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:WE FUCKING WON.

WE ARE STAYING UP.

ITS BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND SO HAVE A BEER. SHUT THE FUCK UP AND ENJOY IT
:clap: cheers sunny :drinks: :party:

92We can still stay up - and will. - Page 5 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Sun May 06 2018, 20:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Climb out KP.

93We can still stay up - and will. - Page 5 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Sun May 06 2018, 20:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Climb out KP.

Piss off micro pig. Very Happy

94We can still stay up - and will. - Page 5 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Sun May 06 2018, 22:23

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:Climb out KP.

Climb on Nat

95We can still stay up - and will. - Page 5 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Mon May 07 2018, 00:00

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I am finding myself in the unlikely position of agreeing with most of what Sluffy says throughout this article.

Can you go back to talking bollocks please so I can abuse you again?!

96We can still stay up - and will. - Page 5 Empty Re: We can still stay up - and will. Mon May 07 2018, 00:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

RustyNail wrote:I am finding myself in the unlikely position of agreeing with most of what Sluffy says throughout this article.

Can you go back to talking bollocks please so I can abuse you again?!

Maybe I've always spoken sense but for the first time you are only just beginning to realise it!

:bomb:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum