Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Danny Baker sacked by the BBC

+8
karlypants
Cajunboy
Norpig
xmiles
Angry Dad
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Danny Baker sacked by the BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: Danny Baker sacked by the BBC Thu May 09, 2019 6:57 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

What is offensive is his taste in hats bloody awful.

22Danny Baker sacked by the BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: Danny Baker sacked by the BBC Thu May 09, 2019 7:45 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:What is offensive is his taste in hats bloody awful.
Baker or the chimp?

23Danny Baker sacked by the BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: Danny Baker sacked by the BBC Thu May 09, 2019 7:51 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

boltonbonce wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:What is offensive is his taste in hats bloody awful.
Baker or the chimp?
Baker

24Danny Baker sacked by the BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: Danny Baker sacked by the BBC Thu May 09, 2019 7:51 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

The Chimp is a snappy dresser

25Danny Baker sacked by the BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: Danny Baker sacked by the BBC Thu May 09, 2019 8:24 pm

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

karlypants wrote:I didn’t see anything wrong with it. Then again, I’m not racist.
So you saying that everyone that found it racist is a racist because they saw a monkey and immediately thought of a black person?

26Danny Baker sacked by the BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: Danny Baker sacked by the BBC Thu May 09, 2019 8:38 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:The Chimp is a snappy dresser
Have to agree AD. I'd gladly take lessons on style from the little chap.

Cecil could borrow his outfit. Might win Nat back.

27Danny Baker sacked by the BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: Danny Baker sacked by the BBC Thu May 09, 2019 9:08 pm

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He isn’t stupid and knew what he was doing. He’s lived a media life surrounded by super-liberal people and 100% knew that it could be construed as racist. Racist or not, he’s a fucking idiot.

28Danny Baker sacked by the BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: Danny Baker sacked by the BBC Thu May 09, 2019 9:10 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:He isn’t stupid and knew what he was doing. He’s lived a media life surrounded by super-liberal people and 100% knew that it could be construed as racist. Racist or not, he’s a fucking idiot.
Yes. He's got some nerve saying he's been thrown under the bus.

29Danny Baker sacked by the BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: Danny Baker sacked by the BBC Thu May 09, 2019 9:12 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a life he's lead though, I thoroughly recommend his three autobiographies.

30Danny Baker sacked by the BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: Danny Baker sacked by the BBC Thu May 09, 2019 9:22 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:What a life he's lead though, I thoroughly recommend his three autobiographies.
They're very good. Bought them on Audible to listen to on my walks. Didn't Peter Kay appear in a televised version?

31Danny Baker sacked by the BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: Danny Baker sacked by the BBC Thu May 09, 2019 10:03 pm

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:What a life he's lead though, I thoroughly recommend his three autobiographies.
They're very good. Bought them on Audible to listen to on my wanks.

Too much information, Bonce.

*just representing johnny in his absence of course

32Danny Baker sacked by the BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: Danny Baker sacked by the BBC Thu May 09, 2019 10:06 pm

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

boltonbonce wrote:
They're very good. Bought them on Audible to listen to on my walks. Didn't Peter Kay appear in a televised version?
Yes. Cradle To Grave. Peter Kay did his best Dick Van Dyke impression in it. Worth watching though.

33Danny Baker sacked by the BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: Danny Baker sacked by the BBC Thu May 09, 2019 11:01 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

DEANO82 wrote:
Yes. Cradle To Grave. Peter Kay did his best Dick Van Dyke impression in it.

Laughing

34Danny Baker sacked by the BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: Danny Baker sacked by the BBC Fri May 10, 2019 10:56 am

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

He answered the door in his slippers Bonce, was reading today that it's got so bad now that Les Dawson would not be allowed on stage or TV because of his mother in law fat jokes, they would be classed as a hate crime now, i'm getting sick of this shit.

35Danny Baker sacked by the BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: Danny Baker sacked by the BBC Fri May 10, 2019 12:05 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:He answered the door in his slippers Bonce, was reading today that it's got so bad now that Les Dawson would not be allowed on stage or TV because of his mother in law fat jokes, they would be classed as a hate crime now, i'm getting sick of this shit.
They probably couldn't even get away with this now.

36Danny Baker sacked by the BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: Danny Baker sacked by the BBC Fri May 10, 2019 12:16 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I wonder if his wigs are still around he apparently had one for each stage of hair growth to cut. I liked him cheery fellow.

37Danny Baker sacked by the BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: Danny Baker sacked by the BBC Fri May 10, 2019 12:18 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Think Les Dawson edged it on blankety blank though.

38Danny Baker sacked by the BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: Danny Baker sacked by the BBC Fri May 10, 2019 1:27 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My mother has seen the chimp picture, and calmly informed me that she has a photo of me in exactly the same coat.
She added insult to injury by saying the chimp looked better.
I might go and have a look. Might even post it on here.

39Danny Baker sacked by the BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: Danny Baker sacked by the BBC Fri May 10, 2019 1:43 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think Danny Baker is a complete idiot, and there is no way he didn't know what he was doing. If he didn't, then he's a bigger idiot than I first thought.
For me the offensive part is that he makes a direct reference to the royal baby, and likening him to a chimp is wrong. I don't think he was actually being racist.

40Danny Baker sacked by the BBC - Page 2 Empty Re: Danny Baker sacked by the BBC Fri May 10, 2019 2:22 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've sent, and received, insulting birthday cards with a chimp on the cover. The implication is clear. I sent one to an ex work colleague a couple of weeks ago.
Had that ex colleague been black, I wouldn't have sent it, for obvious reasons.
We have football supporters still throwing bananas and making monkey noises, so a little thought would have saved him all this grief.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum