Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Statement from the Hotel Administrator Quantuma

+7
Norpig
gloswhite
finlaymcdanger
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
wessy
Sluffy
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy gets far more abuse on WW than he does on here.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:You're selling WW to me Sluffy. I might go and join. Is there any serious slipper action? I wouldn't want to tread on any toes if the subject already has a main man/woman.
Would I have to be vetted? 
Would my past count against me?
Do they have a nurse?
I'm outraged! I've just been over there.
They have a thread titled 'Bat 'N' Balls. How to re-rubber your handle'.
Filth!
I refuse to become a part of your deviant little club. I have standards.
I need to take a shower.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:You're selling WW to me Sluffy. I might go and join. Is there any serious slipper action? I wouldn't want to tread on any toes if the subject already has a main man/woman.
Would I have to be vetted? 
Would my past count against me?
Do they have a nurse?
I'm outraged! I've just been over there.
They have a thread titled 'Bat 'N' Balls. How to re-rubber your handle'.
Filth!
I refuse to become a part of your deviant little club. I have standards.
I need to take a shower.
Sounds right up my street that.

I may have to take a look! Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:But Sluffy that is the whole point of a forum, your forum! Doesn't look good when the owner of a forum posts on another forum because he doesn't like or agree with the replies he gets on here.

It's not because I don't like or agree with the replies on here, it's simply that people have formed a view and don't wish to change it no matter what.

Yes it doesn't look good that I'm having to post elsewhere but what else can I do if I wish to contribute to the discussion of what is happening and no one wants to listen to me on here?

Fwiw I do keep people on Nuts informed of what is going on and I'm still very active on the site but there's just no point me posting about the financial aspects of the club because the ones who are still here have already made your minds up whose fault it is and why and you simply aren't prepared to contemplate changing them.

Yes I do get some abuse on Wways but I'm not totally stupid, I know one or two of the usual suspects have axes to grind with me from here and previous forums in the past.

It's also no secret that Wways exists and has done for quite sometime, so it's not as people don't already know it is there. 

I was hoping that we could all enjoy a new start with there being a new season, new owners, new players, new manager and hopefully putting most of the shit behind us and get the site back to having a laugh again but I'm not sure that is going to happen (certainly not the new manager bit anyway!).

Anyway lets think positive and plan ahead for Nuts - does anybody want to help us out in any ways?  Anybody willing to run competitions (Fin, you did a great job on Johnny's site, you up for anything?)  Natasha you used to run them all, how about you?

Does anybody have any ideas to make the site better for everyone?

Does anyone want to be a mod or even be considered as an Admin and run the site.

Do people want me to quit and let other people run the site their way?

Anything's on the table, what way do people want us to go?

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:
Norpig wrote:But Sluffy that is the whole point of a forum, your forum! Doesn't look good when the owner of a forum posts on another forum because he doesn't like or agree with the replies he gets on here.

It's not because I don't like or agree with the replies on here, it's simply that people have formed a view and don't wish to change it no matter what.

Yes it doesn't look good that I'm having to post elsewhere but what else can I do if I wish to contribute to the discussion of what is happening and no one wants to listen to me on here?

Fwiw I do keep people on Nuts informed of what is going on and I'm still very active on the site but there's just no point me posting about the financial aspects of the club because the ones who are still here have already made your minds up whose fault it is and why and you simply aren't prepared to contemplate changing them.

Yes I do get some abuse on Wways but I'm not totally stupid, I know one or two of the usual suspects have axes to grind with me from here and previous forums in the past.

It's also no secret that Wways exists and has done for quite sometime, so it's not as people don't already know it is there. 

I was hoping that we could all enjoy a new start with there being a new season, new owners, new players, new manager and hopefully putting most of the shit behind us and get the site back to having a laugh again but I'm not sure that is going to happen (certainly not the new manager bit anyway!).

Anyway lets think positive and plan ahead for Nuts - does anybody want to help us out in any ways?  Anybody willing to run competitions (Fin, you did a great job on Johnny's site, you up for anything?)  Natasha you used to run them all, how about you?

Does anyone want to be a mod or even be considered as an Admin and run the site.

I'm happy to help out in any way I can but can't commit to anything regular. I'm currently splitting my time between LA and London so the 8 hour time difference is a challenge.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:

1/ The site has everything we need

2/ Yes wouldn't mind giving it a go

3? No most certainly not

4/ Things are just fine

As for competitions nobody can run anything until we know we have a club or not.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ok, Fin how about considering something like the prediction league, where all people just post up their match scores/scorer and you can simply tot up the points and print a table whenever you've got a spare moment.

Or something along the same lines.

Martin you need to get practising your cut and pastes if you want to be a mod.  It's not hard and the secret is mainly to do with the last icon above where you post - the one that looks like a sheet of paper.

When you copy and paste from somewhere else you make sure you click on the sheet of paper so it shows a white background before you paste.

If however you are copying and pasting a tweet by copying out the embedding text (by clicking on the 'v' sign at the top right of each tweet, clicking on the 'embed tweet' link and copying all the blue highlighted text) then make sure the 'sheet of paper' icon has the normal grey background before you paste.

Just play about, trial and error until you get it.

Then we'll give you a go as mod.

That ok with you?

Anybody else up for helping out in any way?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We've been here before.

The site won't get any better just because you have more mods. Leeds Trotter is the perfect example.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i can do a competition, i helped out with the correct score comp when Nat flounced off.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And no i don't wan't you to leave Sluffy, you can be a pain in the arse but you're our pain in the arse and not WW's  Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:And no i don't wan't you to leave Sluffy, you can be a pain in the arse but you're our pain in the arse and not WW's  Very Happy
Quite. And he loves us really.
Statement from the Hotel Administrator Quantuma - Page 2 Latest?cb=20091118122647

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:We've been here before.

The site won't get any better just because you have more mods. Leeds Trotter is the perfect example.

You might be right but we've got to keep trying something or give up.

How would you like to help make the place better?

Would you like to do become an Admin again if that was possible?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:And no i don't wan't you to leave Sluffy, you can be a pain in the arse but you're our pain in the arse and not WW's  Very Happy

I'm not leaving for WW's just posting there about the takeover.

Maybe I should play a more reserved role on here though if others want to step up?

Not going to be about for much of this evening now so will catch up with the comments later tonight.

Sluffys a good poster, let’s not have any chat about being more reserved or leaving that will have the opposite effect on the sites fortunes.

Things will pick up once the season does, and even more so once this shit situation we’re in moves on.

My only advice on how to improve things would be to lift all bans and forget about the crosses words that triggered them. The more opinions/debates/rows the better.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes let’s have a amnesty of posters.

Btw I can easily resurrect the prediction thread for the upcoming season.  It’s mostly web based apart from posting up the actual predictions from here and making the threads

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Yes let’s have a amnesty of posters.

Btw I can easily resurrect the prediction thread for the upcoming season.  It’s mostly web based apart from posting up the actual predictions from here and making the threads
We might not need a prediction thread. Shocked

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This site needs Chris Amos. Bring back the glory days.

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Yes let’s have a amnesty of posters.

Think Sluffy mentioned that Bread was banned by - for mentioning his wife was Thai (if memory serves).

So probably fair if he’s the one to unban Bread, and Sluff unbans Lust.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Hater should definitely be reinstated.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought you had now taken over that role.  Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum