Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TV shows everyone loved, but you hated.

+10
Sluffy
okocha
doffcocker
Banks of the Croal
Cajunboy
karlypants
DEANO82
wanderlust
Norpig
boltonbonce
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll give you my top 3.

Little Britain.

The Office.

Car Share.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You miserable bugger they were all great  Very Happy

Never bothered with Downtown Abbey or Poldark, everyone raves about them but no interest to me at all.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:You miserable bugger they were all great  Very Happy

Never bothered with Downtown Abbey or Poldark, everyone raves about them but no interest to me at all.
I'll add The Inbetweeners. Cool

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

too many to list...

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Friends (watched it on channel 5 the other day it has not aged well). 

Breaking Bad

Pigeon Street.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:too many to list...

I feel the same way although Friends has to be number 1!!!

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Fleabag.

Last edited by Cajunboy on Sat Oct 19 2019, 17:13; edited 1 time in total

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Strictly come dancing

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A couple that spring to mind that people seem to rave about but that I can't get into are Westworld and The Walking Dead.

I'd say that I hate nearly everything on ITV, but then does anybody actually love shit like This Morning or do they just stick it on because they assume there's nowt better on.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:A couple that spring to mind that people seem to rave about but that I can't get into are Westworld and The Walking Dead.

I'd say that I hate nearly everything on ITV, but then does anybody actually love shit like This Morning or do they just stick it on because they assume there's nowt better on.
Was unfortunate enough to catch a part of This Morning the other day. They were talking about props to buy for Halloween. Many of them ran out at £100 to £200. They live in another world.
They had an Italian chef on cooking some outlandish concoction involving various cuts of meat I'd never heard of, and followed up with a pudding that looked like bull semen.
Load of old rubbish. Heat it up and slap it on a barm mush. That's how I do it.
The ad break was no better. Jenny Eclair talking about vaginal dryness. I left the room in disgust.

In passing, I should say that I have no first hand knowledge of bull semen, nor do I expect to, unless of course I'm particularly unlucky when crossing a farmers field, in which case I'd have to brace myself, and think of England.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Killing Eve....started promisingly but any plot became less and less relevant, leaving the only intrigue as "how will she kill this week?"

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Christ I'd be here to Christmas listing the shows I thought were dreadful but everybody else loved.

I guess Monty Python was the first time all my mates were into something that I thought was utterly shite. There were some funny bits admittedly but tons of utter crap otherwise.

I couldn't stand the new wave comedians, such as The Young Ones and Five go Camping, or whatever they did and years later couldn't stand Ad Fab, which I see as a similar sort of humour. Can't stand Lenny Henry, French and Saunders, Pace and Hail, etc.

Couldn't abide the trendy 'funny' shows like Friends, Steinfeld, Cold Feet, nor the 'popularity shoes like X Factor, Britain's got talent, Strictly, Big Brother, etc, etc.

I don't 'do' soaps either.

I prefer sport or reality TV stuff like Ambulance, or Secret life of the Zoo.

I probably sound like a miserable old fart but I simply don't see the appeal of a comedian who can't talk, a random from TOWIE who I've never heard of dancing a foxtrot (who gives a fuck really?) or Ant and fecking Dec appearing on anything!

Give me Ben Stokes winning the World Cup (even though NZ deserved it) or the poor baby elephants sadly dyeing at Chester Zoo any day over the utter toss that must people seem to be addicted to.

Each to their own though I guess.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agree with a lot of that Sluffy, although I love Python and Seinfeld. Humour is a very personal thing.

My late auntie couldn't stand Laurel and Hardy, which for me, is mind blowing.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Cheers
Buffy
west wing
Seinfeld
Cosby Show

Favorite shows
Deadwood
Sopranos
Ray Donovan
Hill Street Blues
All in the family
Till death do us part
The Dangerous Brothers

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All "reality" shows from BB to Love Island - the only one I've ever managed to watch is Australian Masterchef which is about to close after 15 series as George has been a very naughty boy. I just find them so fixed, staged and scripted it winds me up but AM at least has a bit of decent cookery and mentoring from the likes of Heston, Nigella and MPW to break up the incessant "back stories". Even that irks me by the overuse of the word "beautiful".
On reflection I occasionally check out the Apprentice and IACGMOOH because it keeps the wife quiet for a while.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Good topic bonce. There are a lot but off the top of my head:

Love Island
Bake Off
Strictly
Killing Eve
Antiques Roadshow
East Enders
Coronation Street
Downton
The Crown
Drag Race
Practically anything with vampires or zombies

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

This year's best script by a mile:- State of the Union....a masterpiece.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm something of a pariah in our house because I hate most of what's on telly. Last week you'd find me happily watching box sets of The Larkins, and The Rag Trade. They still make me laugh.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

boltonbonce wrote:I'm something of a pariah in our house because I hate most of what's on telly. Last week you'd find me happily watching box sets of The Larkins, and The Rag Trade. They still make me laugh.
Bet you still watch Torchy.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I'm something of a pariah in our house because I hate most of what's on telly. Last week you'd find me happily watching box sets of The Larkins, and The Rag Trade. They still make me laugh.
Bet you still watch Torchy.
I'm a Noggin the Nog man myself. Throw in some Bill and Ben, and that's me sorted.

Never liked Tarzan. No man should live up a tree with a six year old boy and a chimp.

Where were social services?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum