Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Election

+15
Natasha Whittam
sunlight
okocha
observer
karlypants
Norpig
Cajunboy
wanderlust
Angry Dad
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
boltonbonce
luckyPeterpiper
Bollotom2014
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 24]

61General Election - Page 4 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 06 2019, 08:38

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust wrote:
Are you really suggesting that a vague promise and a shady cover up are better than the great deal already in the bag and our future influence as a member of the world's third largest trading bloc with the purchasing power that brings?
I certainly wouldn't be sacrificing that for chlorinated chicken, higher prices, a devalued currency, a defunct NHS and widespread unemployment.

You just don't believe in brexit enough and it will be your fault if brexit turns out badly.

As the brexit fans on this site no longer reply (apologies to glos who does sometimes Smile ) I have posted their reply for them. Smile

62General Election - Page 4 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 06 2019, 09:11

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Just in the last couple of days the Tories have: made appalling comments about Grenfell victims, slyly doctored a video to produce fake news on Labour, tried to defend a scandal involving the Welsh Secretary.....Even when confronted with facts, Tory spokesmen/women try to deny the truth. (For once in my life I applaud Piers for tearing Tory Party Chairman, James Cleverley, to pieces this morning!)

All the above adds to shameful language, illegal behaviour, lack of diplomacy, undermining of the judiciary, distortion of the truth, uncaring attitudes to suffering  etc. etc.

I want to be able to vote for a party with principles and worthy values, not a sly, manipulative set of hoodwinkers. Don't be taken in by their lies.

63General Election - Page 4 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 06 2019, 09:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

okocha wrote:Just in the last couple of days the Tories have: made appalling comments about Grenfell victims, slyly doctored a video to produce fake news on Labour, tried to defend a scandal involving the Welsh Secretary.....Even when confronted with facts, Tory spokesmen/women try to deny the truth. (For once in my life I applaud Piers for tearing Tory Party Chairman, James Cleverley, to pieces this morning!)

All the above adds to shameful language, illegal behaviour, lack of diplomacy, undermining of the judiciary, distortion of the truth, uncaring attitudes to suffering  etc. etc.

I want to be able to vote for a party with principles and worthy values, not a sly, manipulative set of hoodwinkers. Don't be taken in by their lies.

:agree:

64General Election - Page 4 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 06 2019, 10:35

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

okocha wrote:Just in the last couple of days the Tories have: made appalling comments about Grenfell victims, slyly doctored a video to produce fake news on Labour, tried to defend a scandal involving the Welsh Secretary.....Even when confronted with facts, Tory spokesmen/women try to deny the truth. (For once in my life I applaud Piers for tearing Tory Party Chairman, James Cleverley, to pieces this morning!)

Like Labour?????

65General Election - Page 4 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 06 2019, 10:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Funny how they keep dragging out the argument that another referendum is a case of "just keep having them until you get the result you want"...

In the first EU referendum (and by the Leave campaign's argument should have been the ONLY referendum) the electorate voted overwhelmingly to be members of the EU 67% to 32%.

The second referendum in 2016 narrowly overturned that under highly suspicious circumstances and with our own Government blatantly continuing to suppress the facts about how it was achieved.

If we can have a second referendum, why not a third - especially as opinion now seems to have turned against it?

Curious to see where the Leave logic of "you can't keep going until you get the result you want" stands when in fact the second referendum in 2016 exemplified that very point.

66General Election - Page 4 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 06 2019, 12:13

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

And you can add this to the list:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-50302173

67General Election - Page 4 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 06 2019, 12:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone voting Green?

68General Election - Page 4 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 06 2019, 13:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:He probably wouldn't need to if the rich paid their fair share of tax.

Yes. Now we need to decide what is meant by "rich" and "fair."

Considering the top 1pc already pay nearly 30pc of all tax intake.

Corbyn is the best person to decide no doubt.

69General Election - Page 4 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 06 2019, 13:27

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
xmiles wrote:He probably wouldn't need to if the rich paid their fair share of tax.

Yes. Now we need to decide what is meant by "rich" and "fair."

Considering the top 1pc already pay nearly 30pc of all tax intake.

Corbyn is the best person to decide no doubt.

I agree that I have simplified matters and that we do need to define those terms. One disturbing fact is the increasing inequality in this country and the massive increase in the incomes and wealth of the very rich compared to everyone else. There is an interesting short article here: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=11&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiX57WX1tXlAhVVtXEKHdPlA3YQFjAKegQIAhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fmoney%2F2019%2Fmar%2F09%2Factually-the-rich-pay-lots-of-tax-but-on-income-not-their-wealth&usg=AOvVaw3zaEelMktfPddA1gfCfP6z

70General Election - Page 4 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 06 2019, 14:36

Thatchers top rate of tax was 60% between 80 and 89. Another Stalinist.

71General Election - Page 4 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 06 2019, 15:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Anyone voting Green?
If we had a fairer PR system I'd be happy to vote Green but we are stuck with this parliamentary carve-up we laughingly call democracy.

In 2017 the Greens got 1.8% of the vote but only 0.065 % of the seats - by comparison the Tories got 42% of the vote but 49% of the seats!.

Lib Dems are also discriminated against by the current system - they got 7.4% of the vote but only 1.8% of the seats. Under a "one man one vote" system they should have had 48 seats not 12 - but apparently a Tory's vote is worth more than anyone else's.

It would be a wasted vote in my area anyway.

72General Election - Page 4 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 06 2019, 16:36

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

In their election campaign so far the Tories have:

Defended a Tory who deliberately collapsed a rape trial
Defended a Tory who said poor people should be put down
Defended two Tories who blamed Grenfell on the dead victims
Released a doctored "fake news" video of an opposition MP
Buried a report into Russian funding of the Tory party
Etc.

73General Election - Page 4 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 06 2019, 17:06

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Anyone voting Green?
I think I may have to do.

I can't defend the rest of the arseholes.

74General Election - Page 4 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 06 2019, 18:42

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

okocha wrote:In their election campaign so far the Tories have:

Etc.
Any chance of commenting on the shit the labour party get up to or does their shit smell of roses to you.

75General Election - Page 4 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 06 2019, 21:37

List it out yourself if you’re that arsed.

76General Election - Page 4 Empty Re: General Election Wed Nov 06 2019, 22:31

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Somehow I don't think he will bother. Laughing

77General Election - Page 4 Empty Re: General Election Thu Nov 07 2019, 00:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:
okocha wrote:In their election campaign so far the Tories have:

Etc.
Any chance of commenting on the shit the labour party get up to or does their shit smell of roses to you.
The report they have buried isn't about funding the Tory Party - it's about interfering with British elections most notably manipulating voters in the second EU referendum (Brexit) as it's in Russia's interest for us to split from the EU. Yes folks - Brexit is partly the super rich controlling the Government and part Commie plot. Mugged on both sides.

The last Labour party "scandal" was when Tom Watson backed the investigation into paedophiles after that weird bloke made the false claims - not that Watson knew they were false at the time. Other than that.....nada.

78General Election - Page 4 Empty Re: General Election Thu Nov 07 2019, 07:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The fake news video got far too much attention.

The other stuff is indefensible so I won't even try.

Politicians on twitter deliberately mislead every day. For e.g when that report came out that the Boris deal MIGHT leave us worse off SNP were all over it.

They all tweeted that his deal WILL leave us worse off.

Lies but no 24 hour news coverage about it. Same with the lib dem bar charts. Swinson got away with one 2 minute interview on them and they continue to pump them out. 

It's an election this kind of thing is to be expected but the media should scrutinise equally.

79General Election - Page 4 Empty Re: General Election Thu Nov 07 2019, 08:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Politicians on twitter deliberately mislead every day. For e.g when that report came out that the Boris deal MIGHT leave us worse off SNP were all over it.

They all tweeted that his deal WILL leave us worse off.
Didn't see much about leaving Europe MIGHT give the NHS £350 million, MIGHT give 75 million Turks the right to enter the UK etc but ALL sides agree that leaving Europe will leave us worse off at least in the short to medium term. Even Farage and JRM came out with the line that we'd be worse off but qualified it by saying that eventually we'd recover so it would be worth it in the long run.

80General Election - Page 4 Empty Re: General Election Thu Nov 07 2019, 08:57

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So you agree with me. That's a first.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum