Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will it be David Lee?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Will it be David Lee? Empty Will it be David Lee? Fri Jul 24 2020, 14:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Vacancy: Academy Manager

An exciting opportunity has arisen at Bolton Wanderers for an Academy Manager to lead the Club’s Academy.

Reporting to the Head of Football Operations, the purpose of the role is to develop and manage the Academy’s strategy in line with current English Football League and FA standards.

Main Duties and Responsibilities:

Work with the Head of Football Operations and 1st Team Manager to develop and communicate the Club's football philosophy and ensure compliance from all Academy and related staff.
Liaise with 1st Team coaching staff to ensure regular feedback and discussion on all aspects of player performance and development.
Draw up the Academy Performance Plan; monitor and give regular feedback on the plan to the Chief Executive and Head of Football Operations, setting out a remedial action plan if necessary.
Ensure all Academy staff are working towards and are using the appropriate processes of the performance plan.
Work closely with the Club’s Community Trust in relation to grassroots delivery and the Club’s Development Centres.
Conduct an annual self-assessment of the Academy as per EFL rules.
Design, implement and manage the Academy’s coaching programme in conjunction with the Head of Coaching.
Ensure assistance to the EFL in connection with its on-going monitoring and evaluation programmes.
Recruit, develop and manage Academy staff, carrying out regular performance reviews in line with Club guidelines.
Build and maintain relationships with parents of academy players cultivating open and honest discussions on player development, performance and future.
Liaise with other Club departments on related matters of training and playing facilities, accounting, health & safety, HR and any other necessary issues.
Maintain good relationships with the professional football Leagues, FA, local FAs and other footballing bodies attending meetings, presentations and training when necessary.
Undertake Continued Professional Development organised by the Club and the FA.
Be an ambassador of BWFC giving excellent customer service at all times, portraying a professional image throughout each interaction.
Qualifications & knowledge:

An up to date UEFA A Licence
Academy Managers Licence (desirable)
FA Youth Award
FA Advanced Youth Award
An up-to-date Enhanced DBS, FA Safeguarding Children and Basic First Aid for Sport (BFAS) qualifications or EFAiF.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.

The remuneration package includes a competitive salary and benefits, dependant on experience. To apply, please email Sue Mitton smitton@bwfc.co.uk to request an application form.

Closing Date: Friday 31st July 2020 with interviews the week following.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2020/july/vacancy-academy-manager/

2Will it be David Lee? Empty Re: Will it be David Lee? Fri Jul 24 2020, 14:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It seems odd that Phillips has gone as i imagine the job description above must be very similar? I suppose the downgrading had an effect as well?

As for Lee, does he has an A licence? It would be nice to see him stay at the club in some capacity and he's worked with most age groups in the past i think so he must be in with a chance if he applies.

3Will it be David Lee? Empty Re: Will it be David Lee? Fri Jul 24 2020, 15:12

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why would the club advertise the vacancy if lee stood any chance..

4Will it be David Lee? Empty Re: Will it be David Lee? Fri Jul 24 2020, 15:15

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is Lee actually still at the club though? No mention of him since Evatt came in and the u23's have gone now. Is he still on furlough?

5Will it be David Lee? Empty Re: Will it be David Lee? Fri Jul 24 2020, 16:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Is Lee actually still at the club though? No mention of him since Evatt came in and the u23's have gone now. Is he still on furlough?

No idea tbh.

I would have thought FV were moving on from what we had and so that would probably mean Lee wouldn't be a favourite for the job even if he is still around.

They did though interview him for the 'managers' job and I've no doubt would interview him for this one too if he applied but I wouldn't fancy his chances - but that's me just guessing really.

I don't know if any of the other staff at the academy such as Gavin McCann would give it a punt though? Don't know if he/them have the right qualifications required though although they must have some already for the jobs they currently do.

6Will it be David Lee? Empty Re: Will it be David Lee? Fri Jul 24 2020, 16:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Why would the club advertise the vacancy if lee stood any chance..
So that the club are being seen to have gone through due diligence.
But it does look a bit like new broom.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum