Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gordon Ramsay's Cheese Board

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gordon Ramsay's Cheese Board Empty Gordon Ramsay's Cheese Board Tue Sep 22 2020, 22:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gordon Ramsay's Cheese Board 0_cheese-board

Preselected @ £20...

2Gordon Ramsay's Cheese Board Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay's Cheese Board Tue Sep 22 2020, 23:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I quite like cheese.

I'm into Emmentaler at the moment.

The proper Swiss stuff though.

Certainly won't pay Gordon £20 for his platter though!

3Gordon Ramsay's Cheese Board Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay's Cheese Board Wed Sep 23 2020, 12:04

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Where are the Ritz?

4Gordon Ramsay's Cheese Board Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay's Cheese Board Wed Sep 23 2020, 12:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That lot looks disgusting. A few lumps of mouse trap cheese, with a side serving of haemorrhoids.

5Gordon Ramsay's Cheese Board Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay's Cheese Board Wed Sep 23 2020, 12:23

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Thats well and truly put me off  Very Happy

6Gordon Ramsay's Cheese Board Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay's Cheese Board Wed Sep 23 2020, 12:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Thats well and truly put me off  Very Happy
Very Happy

7Gordon Ramsay's Cheese Board Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay's Cheese Board Wed Sep 23 2020, 12:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

gloswhite wrote:Where are the Ritz?

Many years ago and a bit after my father had died, I took my mother on a surprise visit to the Ritz for a cup of tea whilst we were on a day trip out in London.

She was absolutely thrilled and just before we left I asked the head waiter if he could find something I could have for my mother as a small memento of her visit.

On leaving he kindly gave me a serviette of the hotel, for which I thanked him gratefully.

However on walking to the door he quickly stopped me and asked for the serviette back!

It seems it wasn't the serviette that was the memento - turns out that it was an expensive pure Irish linen item, but a paper doily he had put inside it!

Trust us classless northern bumkins to show ourselves up!

How were we to know, we never even thought to look inside the napkin - who on earth would?  Probably the gentry I suppose?

My mother was mortified at the time, she even had to get it out of her handbag to give back, and only then did he open it up to reveal the doily - but we did have a good laugh about it afterwards!

We never did go back again!

We went on to see The Phantom of the Opera after not getting arrested for unintentionally attempting to steal from the Ritz.

Oh how I wish I could turn the clock back sometimes...

But you can't.

True story.

8Gordon Ramsay's Cheese Board Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay's Cheese Board Wed Sep 23 2020, 16:52

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Good memories are often triggered by the smallest things

9Gordon Ramsay's Cheese Board Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay's Cheese Board Wed Sep 23 2020, 17:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

gloswhite wrote:Good memories are often triggered by the smallest things

Yes it brought a tear to my eye and a smile to my lips posting that.

Both my parents are long gone but even now I still miss them.

The world keeps on turning though, no matter what.

10Gordon Ramsay's Cheese Board Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay's Cheese Board Wed Sep 23 2020, 17:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Yes it brought a tear to my eye and a smile to my lips posting that.

Both my parents are long gone but even now I still miss them.

The world keeps on turning though, no matter what.

Smelling a Beano annual takes me back to Christmas past. Smells are sometimes the most potent of triggers.

11Gordon Ramsay's Cheese Board Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay's Cheese Board Wed Sep 23 2020, 21:19

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

And these things nearly always catch us when we are least expecting them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum