Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Worst BWFC player you've ever seen?

+8
wanderlust
okocha
finlaymcdanger
Hip Priest
xmiles
boltonbonce
karlypants
Norpig
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Worst BWFC player you've ever seen? Empty Worst BWFC player you've ever seen? Mon Jan 11 2021, 13:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lets be honest we've had some shockers over the years but who would you rank as the worst you've ever seen pull on the famous White shirt?

Few candidates for me

Chris Taylor - absolute carthouse and how he's still playing is a mystery. I saw him in a pre-season game against Stockport County a couple of years ago and he looked shite even against them.

Keith Andrews - i thought he would be a great signing, how wrong i was! Never looked interested and moaned through his entire time at Bolton and still moans about us now the bastard!

Steve Elliott - going back a bit here but he was truly shocking, he made Thomas and Morgan look like world beaters.

I could go on and on as Big Sam used to unearth some right donkeys on loan but i'll leave that to others to point out how shit they were  Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m surprised you didn’t mention Ngog Norpig Very Happy

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I’m surprised you didn’t mention Ngog Norpig Very Happy
Yep he was hopeless and cost a fortune, there must be others you thought were shite KP?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

So many to choose from!

On the basis of what he cost and how useless he was Ngog is certainly a leading contender.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
no sorry you are going to have say his name  Very Happy

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A few others to ponder over their ineptness  Very Happy

Daniel Braaten
Gerald Cid
Christian Wilhemsson
Ariza Makakula

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
karlypants wrote:I’m surprised you didn’t mention Ngog Norpig Very Happy
Yep he was hopeless and cost a fortune, there must be others you thought were shite KP?
Marvin Sordell is another.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Marvin Sordell is another.
yep but we can't call him names, he might cry (joking before anyone starts!)

10Worst BWFC player you've ever seen? Empty Re: Worst BWFC player you've ever seen? Mon Jan 11 2021, 16:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
no sorry you are going to have say his name  Very Happy[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

11Worst BWFC player you've ever seen? Empty Re: Worst BWFC player you've ever seen? Mon Jan 11 2021, 16:04

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:A few others to ponder over their ineptness  Very Happy

Daniel Braaten
Gerald Cid
Christian Wilhemsson
Ariza Makakula

They were all useless for us but the first three all had success elsewhere and I think part (or most) of the problem was Sammy Lee who was an absolutely terrible manager.

12Worst BWFC player you've ever seen? Empty Re: Worst BWFC player you've ever seen? Mon Jan 11 2021, 16:12

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Come on Boncey say his name, it won't put a curse on you  Laughing

13Worst BWFC player you've ever seen? Empty Re: Worst BWFC player you've ever seen? Mon Jan 11 2021, 16:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dave Sutton - he was playing for us when i first started going and he got loads of abuse from the stands, did anyone rate him?

14Worst BWFC player you've ever seen? Empty Re: Worst BWFC player you've ever seen? Mon Jan 11 2021, 16:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Come on Boncey say his name, it won't put a curse on you  Laughing
WILL BUCKLEY. There.

There are more, but it's too depressing. Many already mentioned.

15Worst BWFC player you've ever seen? Empty Re: Worst BWFC player you've ever seen? Tue Jan 12 2021, 01:11

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Wasn't the worst player to pull on the shirt but biggest ever damp squib for me was Len Cantello. He was majestic for West Brom and totally ran the midfield. I remember being ecstatic over his signing. We paid £350,000 for him, which back in those days was an absolute fortune. These were the days when we first got promoted back to the top level under Ian Greaves. Whenever he played he shaped up like an absolute donkey but more often than not he was permanently out injured. We got relegated same season and sold him for peanuts the season after to get him off the wage bill.

16Worst BWFC player you've ever seen? Empty Re: Worst BWFC player you've ever seen? Tue Jan 12 2021, 04:24

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Mario Jardel turned out to be a disaster and wasn’t there was a bloke called Kaku who never played?

Gerald Cid has to be right up there too. The poor bastard just fell apart in a white shirt.

*Just looked him up - Blessings Kaku made one sub appearance

17Worst BWFC player you've ever seen? Empty Re: Worst BWFC player you've ever seen? Tue Jan 12 2021, 10:17

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Hip Priest wrote:Wasn't the worst player to pull on the shirt but biggest ever damp squib for me was Len Cantello. He was majestic for West Brom and totally ran the midfield. I remember being ecstatic over his signing. We paid £350,000 for him, which back in those days was an absolute fortune. These were the days when we first got promoted back to the top level under Ian Greaves. Whenever he played he shaped up like an absolute donkey but more often than not he was permanently out injured. We got relegated same season and sold him for peanuts the season after to get him off the wage bill.

100% agree HP! Biggest waste of money ever, taking inflation into account.

18Worst BWFC player you've ever seen? Empty Re: Worst BWFC player you've ever seen? Tue Jan 12 2021, 10:48

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Even more depressing is the fact that some players who didn't look much cop for us were sold....and then went on to prove themselves more than capable at their new club: Alonso looked as if he had the turning-circle of the QE2 for us and seemed unreliable, but developed into an excellent goal-scoring talent with Chelsea.

I always thought Holding was a gaffe waiting to happen here, but is obviously rated highly at Arsenal.

19Worst BWFC player you've ever seen? Empty Re: Worst BWFC player you've ever seen? Tue Jan 12 2021, 11:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Even more depressing is the fact that some players who didn't look much cop for us were sold....and then went on to prove themselves more than capable at their new club: Alonso looked as if he had the turning-circle of the QE2 for us and seemed unreliable, but developed into an excellent goal-scoring talent with Chelsea.

I always thought Holding was a gaffe waiting to happen here, but is obviously rated highly at Arsenal.
Two players that I rated and thought we should keep tbh but there were many more who went nowhere. Rodrigo was useless with us but developed into an international. Jardel was one of the biggest disappointments. Fact is it’s hard to tell especially when we play them out of position like Alonso who was given more freedom to get forward as soon as he left us.

20Worst BWFC player you've ever seen? Empty Re: Worst BWFC player you've ever seen? Tue Jan 12 2021, 15:13

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think you’d have to go a long way to be worse than Billy Crellin. Genuinely I feel sorry for the kid, he was never ready for No 1 at this level and I hope he can now go back to Fleetwood and continue his progression there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum