Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why we should not sack Coyle

+7
JonnyRandom
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
bwfc71
aaron_bwfc
doffcocker
jayjay23
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Why we should not sack Coyle Empty Why we should not sack Coyle Sun Oct 07 2012, 21:20

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Have you heard some of the suggestions people are coming out with on these threads? Nobody can agree on who they think would do a better job. Most suggestions get pummeled by the rest of us on here.

Phil Brown. Hmm.

Billy Davies. Always plays absolutely shocking football. If he took over it might end up in a better defence but none of us would enjoy a game ever again.

Bryn Robson. Is he even alive?

Sammy Lee. My personal favourite. Nobody else agrees.

Roy Keane. OMG. No please. No.

Mick Mccarthy. But why. Why would you pick him?

Curbs. Out of touch. Why take the risk. Move On.

Harry Redknapp. The only one other than Sammy Lee I would want. But there is no chance he would ever ever come here.

Owen Coyle. On this list Coyle is as good a gamble as most of the others in my eyes. Is there an arguament to say keep Coyle because of the lack of other viable options. Surely it has to get better. Teams have low points - this is one of them. A new manager is not always the reason it turns around.

2Why we should not sack Coyle Empty Re: Why we should not sack Coyle Sun Oct 07 2012, 21:24

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think the question I am asking is.... Would you rather Coyle was sacked and replaced with your least favourite "other" candidate? Or would you rather keep Coyle than have your least favourite of the others???

3Why we should not sack Coyle Empty Re: Why we should not sack Coyle Sun Oct 07 2012, 21:27

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think credentials can say very little in football management. I think you could list every manager in the world and find a reason he might do no better than Coyle. How many managers have gone from being hot property to absolutely unwanted overnight and vice versa?
Given Alan Pardew's record as at the time he was appointed at Newcastle, there was little reason to believe he would do a good job - turns out he's been exceptional.
Coyle just doesn't know what he's doing so I feel we might as well take a chance on somebody with an underwhelming CV in hope Bolton can be the place they kick-start their career.

4Why we should not sack Coyle Empty Re: Why we should not sack Coyle Sun Oct 07 2012, 21:29

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I agree most of the names on this you have provided don't exactly shout ''champions league managers'' but coyle is taking this club down quicker than the Titanic and IMO he is starting lose a lot of the dressing room, his recent signings especially.

Trust me there are a lot better options out there than Coyle.

I still think, though he has been out of the game a white that Curbs would be the man for the job with Sammy lee as his assistant.

5Why we should not sack Coyle Empty Re: Why we should not sack Coyle Sun Oct 07 2012, 21:30

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Every manager, whether currently in a job or not, is viable - its just whether they would want to come to Bolton, if the money is right and whether their ideologies match with the Boards! If a manager is currently employed then also a compensation package has to be included for the other club - done before and will be done again.

I nver mention as to whom I think should get the job as it is board direction and, probably, would more than likely mean a foreign manager (although i joking gave 3 names from the 2 Dutch leagues on another thread). To be fair I would wait to see who is probably on the shortlist before I committed to a name.

6Why we should not sack Coyle Empty Re: Why we should not sack Coyle Sun Oct 07 2012, 21:33

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If we went down the route of our new manager being from another club then my picks would be

Ian Holloway
Gus Poyet
Paolo Di Canio

7Why we should not sack Coyle Empty Re: Why we should not sack Coyle Sun Oct 07 2012, 21:41

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We really do overestimate our pull if you think those managers would come here Aaron.

stranger things have happend but IMO all are in better jobs at better clubs.

I agree with JayJay though the pool is shallow, but that isn't an excuse to keep Coyle. He really could send us into League One.

most of the names mentioned would at least organise us.

8Why we should not sack Coyle Empty Re: Why we should not sack Coyle Sun Oct 07 2012, 21:43

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We are at "mugson" stage now where ....anybody is better than what we have now. As a matter of fact I would take Mugson over the scotsman.

9Why we should not sack Coyle Empty Re: Why we should not sack Coyle Sun Oct 07 2012, 21:45

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

McCarthy would be Megson all over again.

He'll be sacked in 18 months time, but we'd probably get in the playoffs.

and the football would be dire.

10Why we should not sack Coyle Empty Re: Why we should not sack Coyle Sun Oct 07 2012, 21:52

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

aaron_bwfc wrote:If we went down the route of our new manager being from another club then my picks would be

Ian Holloway
Gus Poyet
Paolo Di Canio

Cant disagree there apart from holloway. I think holloway is no better than coyle. I would give solksjaer a go though

11Why we should not sack Coyle Empty Re: Why we should not sack Coyle Sun Oct 07 2012, 22:15

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Before he went to Blackpool, unbelievably, Holloway had a reputation for playing defensive and not even that effective football.

One thing that would excite me if he was brought in, based on the way Blackpool play is that he's more likely to favour the younger, quicker players in the squad as opposed to...well, I won't name names.

12Why we should not sack Coyle Empty Re: Why we should not sack Coyle Sun Oct 07 2012, 22:21

I briefly spoke to my pal who works within the BWFC coaching staff this morning, and while he wasn't giving too much away he did say training has become very disjointed to say the least. He says there is no discipline, training is supposed to start at 9.30am but Coyle often doesn't arrive until 10.15am or later.

13Why we should not sack Coyle Empty Re: Why we should not sack Coyle Sun Oct 07 2012, 22:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

jayjay23 wrote:

Owen Coyle. On this list Coyle is as good a gamble as most of the others in my eyes. Is there an arguament to say keep Coyle because of the lack of other viable options. Surely it has to get better. Teams have low points - this is one of them. A new manager is not always the reason it turns around.

Thing is JJ, could any of those names do any worse? Unlikely I would say.

We've not been on a bit of a crap run for a few weeks, it's been going on since April 2010 - 18 bloody months.

18 months and the defence is as bad as ever. He has to go.

14Why we should not sack Coyle Empty Re: Why we should not sack Coyle Sun Oct 07 2012, 23:00

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Coyle has to go and the sooner the better. The longer he stays the more damage he inflicts and the worse it gets.

With Gartside involved I doubt that we will get the kind of manager we all want and there are scary similarities to the time Lee had to be sacked for being even more useless than Coyle - and we all know what happened next. Rolling Eyes

15Why we should not sack Coyle Empty Re: Why we should not sack Coyle Mon Oct 08 2012, 11:22

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Alex Fergusson was on the verge of being sacked at Man Utd but the board stuck with him against all the fans wishes. Look how that turned out. Clubs who keep changing manager don't necessarily fare any better than those that stick with. Given time Coyle will be just as likely to get things right in the long run.

16Why we should not sack Coyle Empty Re: Why we should not sack Coyle Mon Oct 08 2012, 11:26

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

jayjay23 wrote:Alex Fergusson was on the verge of being sacked at Man Utd but the board stuck with him against all the fans wishes. Look how that turned out. Clubs who keep changing manager don't necessarily fare any better than those that stick with. Given time Coyle will be just as likely to get things right in the long run.

Given time? How much time does he need? He has been completely useless for well over a year. He was useless all last season and has been useless since at least the FA cup debacle the previous season. He needs to go now.

17Why we should not sack Coyle Empty Re: Why we should not sack Coyle Mon Oct 08 2012, 11:57

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

jayjay23 wrote:Alex Fergusson was on the verge of being sacked at Man Utd but the board stuck with him against all the fans wishes. Look how that turned out. Clubs who keep changing manager don't necessarily fare any better than those that stick with. Given time Coyle will be just as likely to get things right in the long run.

JayJay could be right. We are all pissed off because of our league position but it's not as if all the players have been woeful every week. Perhaps some of the older players thought the Championship would be a doddle ? If you look at the league table our position is not insurmountable.

Now that the board have spoken the only thing that we, as fans, can do, is keep supporting the team and hope that our position will be a big wake up call to those who haven't lived up to their potential.

FWIW, Coyle has had plenty of time to get his act together. The rot actually set in before the FA Cup semi final debacle against Stoke.

At the moment, the stats suggest that Coyle is incapable of producing a team capable of going on a winning run. But who knows? Stranger things have happened in football.

Now that the board have made a decision it is out of our hands. Only time will tell if they have made the right one.

18Why we should not sack Coyle Empty Re: Why we should not sack Coyle Mon Oct 08 2012, 11:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:If we went down the route of our new manager being from another club then my picks would be

Ian Holloway
Gus Poyet
Paolo Di Canio

None of whom we could afford or would want to come

19Why we should not sack Coyle Empty Re: Why we should not sack Coyle Mon Oct 08 2012, 12:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I do wonder if that given the massive cut in the wage bill OC has been forced into making over the last 18 months, if we simply can't afford to sack him?

20Why we should not sack Coyle Empty Re: Why we should not sack Coyle Mon Oct 08 2012, 12:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I do wonder if that given the massive cut in the wage bill OC has been forced into making over the last 18 months, if we simply can't afford to sack him?

I reckon this is a massive factor in any decision. It's not just him it's his entire back room staff as well. Then you have to factor in a replacement manager plus his back room staff. The total cost probably amounts to a few million quid which we simply do not have.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum