Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mick McCarthy: What Wolves, Sunderland and Millwall think

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I was pleased to see people enjoyed my post on Billy Davies, so in light of last night's Daily Mail article linking us with Mick McCarthy ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) I thought I'd find out what his ex-employers had to say about him.

Millwall

Mick was a good coach to us I thought not all Lions fans will agree but I thought he was a good motivator we did well when he was manager the only reason he left us was when he was poached for the Ireland job.

I have a completely different opinion. He brouht on 2 Russian players who were a complete disaster and nearly ruined this club. For the last few months that he was Manager he wasn't focused on Millwall because it was a foregone conclusion that he was going to take over as Eire Manager.His record since then with Eire,Sunderland and Wolves also speaks for itself. A good choice if you want to go straight down to League 1. ON SECOND THOUGHTS APPOINT HIM THEN YOU MIGHT GET RELEGATED INSTEAD OF US!!!!!

Sunderland

Will get a team promoted with money...but then many managers would.

In the Prem Id like to say like most managers who doesnt get massive backing he will be relegated again. Promoted again, and the Prem money keeps rolling in for a sustained chance of staying up.

But I cant, the man is a plank of a manager and wouldnt know a good footballer if I told him.
And I told him whittley, Kevin Kyle, Kelvin Davies werent...but the idiot wouldnt listen.

Waste of space and for the life of me...How does he still get work? Theres conferance managers have more nous.

We won the league and it was the worst season I have ever watched...cue some"sunderland" fans who will explain how good he was and just got no money (despite getting more than every other club during the promotion seasons and in the prem)

You just have to look at what he did for us... and Wolves.

Nice bloke, straight forward and genuine...but so is my postman, and I wouldn't suggest he became a football manager either.

Going on his past record.. you'll alternately hover between getting promoted and going down...

Tickles me that he refused the Notts Forest job a few months back cos he wants a Premiership job... Good Luck with that, Mick.

Wolves

He got us up into the Prem and then never got beyond our lads holding on by their fingertips to avoid relegation; at last our grip slipped, we were relegated but McCarthy wasn't around to see it from the sidelines, he was booted out in early February.

The biggest beef seemingly against him was that he had his favourites and had them play week after week, loss after loss, while bright and willing lads who were supposed to be our future languished on the bench (a number grew rusty, disillusioned and moved on).

I wish you luck if you get him, he will do a better job than Kean and will offer up some feisty comments to the press, but other than that...?

It strikes me he's not too handy with foreign players, so prepare to get a squad full of Brits and Irish players.
If you wanna get into the prem, them fine.

As soon as you do though, get a prem manager cause he ain't one.

P.s, you'll probably all be called numpties by him too.

He is a quality manager. Certainly at this level.

He will get you up. But as some of the lads have said. He struggles in the premier. Now there are several lines of thought on this one.

1) he struggles to attract real talent?
2) we didn't give him the money/wage structure to attract real talent.

We seemed to attract the same level of player and never really improved.

As for being stubborn. I always thought this was ridiculous. He believes in his decisions and utilises the players that share his ethos.

Our most successful manager for 32 years. Fact.

He squandered £40 million on dross.

Most successful manager maybe, but definitely not the best.

not sure about £40 million net??

Fletcher, Jarvis, Doyle, kitely, Henry, ebanks-blake, are all dross?

Played too many out of form players and couldn't get the spine of the team solid enough which is a must in any team.Certainly bought some dross but also made a few quid with the sale of Keightly,Jarvis and Fletcher but if we had stayed up may not have had to sell them.Biggest mistake was to keep Terry Connor for so long when out of his depth.

mark leach

mark leach
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's a no from me then. Surprised

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cheers Doff.

Nothing that i didn't expect to hear to be honest.

like i say he'd organise us, probably have us winning games but his influence only goes so far. Megson Mark II

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need someone with a relatively open mind and a willingness to give everyone a shot - probably the opposite of MM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum