Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Standing at football matches

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Standing at football matches Empty Standing at football matches Fri Jan 07 2022, 16:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The trial has just started for safe standing at matches which has been criticised by Trevor Hicks one of the Hillsborough campaigners.

Anyone have a view on standing at football matches? I personally have no interest in standing now as i'm getting on now and would rather sit down. We are all aware of away fans and even our own knobhead corner who always stand at matches.

If the trial was extended and the rail seats were available at the Unibol would you want to stand or would you be happy to stay in your usual seat?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59908736

2Standing at football matches Empty Re: Standing at football matches Fri Jan 07 2022, 16:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like my seat. The only drawback being it's facing the pitch.

3Standing at football matches Empty Re: Standing at football matches Fri Jan 07 2022, 16:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I used to always stand and so when they finally brought in all seating I never really liked it, particularly if you got people in front of you standing up all the time when things started to get exciting.

It was dangerous in big crowds though and I've been swept along in them several times both on the terraces and when leaving the ground.

I'm not as young and as fit as I used to be but I still reckon given a choice that I could watch a full match standing up, particularly if there is something to lean against like the old crush barriers.

I think my football attendance days are over though as it was often the company I kept which was the most fun and the football that ruined it all!

Happy days though.

4Standing at football matches Empty Re: Standing at football matches Mon Jan 10 2022, 16:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i did used to like standing on the paddock at Burnden Park but i don't want to go back to those days to be honest. Lets face it at the moment when i do go to the match i'm sat down all game as we never look like scoringĀ  Very Happy

The new rail seats do look good but i wouldn't go out of my way to switch to an area of the ground that had them.

5Standing at football matches Empty Re: Standing at football matches Mon Jan 10 2022, 17:52

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would prefer a nice comfy seat, rest the old legs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum