Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt's high praise for former boss Michael Appleton ahead of Lincoln clash

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt's high praise for former boss Michael Appleton ahead of Lincoln clash 13245842

Ian Evatt says Michael Appleton is “one of the best managers outside the Premier League” ahead of Wanderers’ clash with Lincoln.

Evatt played under Appleton at Blackpool and is now preparing to come up against his former boss at the UniBol.

Lincoln are currently 17th in the League One table but the Bolton chief insists they are “a dangerous team”.

“I think at this stage of the season, you pretty much are where you deserve to be,” said the Bolton boss.

“I think they’re a good team and a dangerous team, and I do think they’re really well coached.

“I think Michael is one of the best managers outside of the Premier League. I think he’s tactically astute, he tries to play the game the right way and they’ve had a big turnover in players last season.

“They probably overachieved for the size of club they are but when you’ve got Morgan Rogers and Brennan Johnson and you lose those two out of the team, it’s going to affect anybody.

“He’s still doing very well. I think the world of Michael and I wish him all the best, just not tomorrow night.”

The Whites have won their last five matches at the UniBol following Saturday's 4-0 victory against Wimbledon.

But Lincoln have lost just five games on the road this season and Evatt insists his side can’t afford to let their standards drop.

He added: “I think we’ve learnt our lesson about this league and how tough it can be.

“They’ve had some really good away wins during this season so they’re going to be dangerous, but I think we’re a dangerous team as well.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum