Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Doncaster boss Gary McSheffrey's high praise for Ian Evatt and Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Doncaster boss Gary McSheffrey's high praise for Ian Evatt and Wanderers 13480888

Doncaster boss Gary McSheffrey has called Wanderers “one of the best footballing teams” in League One.

The Whites head to the Eco-Power Stadium on the back of draws against Wigan, Portsmouth and Sheffield Wednesday.

Rovers are desperate for points as they bid to beat the drop but McSheffrey insists Ian Evatt’s men “won’t be on the beach”.

“I think that at full strength they are one of the best footballing teams in the division,” he told the club's website.

“They pass it around really well and play some attractive, risky football.

“Evo (Evatt) has had a couple of years there, implementing what he wants to do and he has got some really good players. He has got some energy up the pitch, some quality up the pitch that can score goals.

“He has had a couple of injuries that have probably shaken his team up a bit, real fixtures in the team that really get them ticking and lead them. That is a big loss for them.

“How he lines up, we will see. He has changed the shape a couple of times but they are good players and they can all deal with the football and we have to respect that.

“What I do know is, having grown up with Evo in Coventry as a kid, he will want to come here and do a job on me. Bolton won’t be on the beach, that is for sure.”

Rovers have a couple of injury doubts for the game but McSheffrey admits he is keen to avoid making changes if possible.

He added: “Whether anyone gets chucked in or not is down to the players that are playing at the minute.

“For the last couple of games, we have had good performance levels and players have kept their shirts. If we stick with the same levels of performance, players are going to struggle to get into the team.

“That is what you want. You want consistency from the lads that are playing. Then you have got to manage the others.

“We were chopping and changing too much due to the lack of consistency in performance level. If I can keep the same team for the rest of the season, I would be delighted.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum