Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I Can't Be Arsed Anymore

+8
Lofty_Love
Hipster_Nebula
bwfc71
Michael Bolton
Lyric Todkill
summercummings
Bernard Dennis Park
Natasha Whittam
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21I Can't Be Arsed Anymore - Page 2 Empty Re: I Can't Be Arsed Anymore Sun Oct 28 2012, 09:25

Through the 90's and up until Allardyce left I was a home and away man, nothing got in the way of following my team.

But a mixture of family and falling standards at the Reebok has made me less inclined to splash the cash following my team. There's only so many times you can explain to your wife why you spend towards £100+ travelling across the country to see such a poor team.

22I Can't Be Arsed Anymore - Page 2 Empty Re: I Can't Be Arsed Anymore Sun Oct 28 2012, 09:27

I still enjoy mach day but not having had a bath for a fortnite it often bothers peeple when i sit next to them

23I Can't Be Arsed Anymore - Page 2 Empty Re: I Can't Be Arsed Anymore Sun Oct 28 2012, 09:29

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
I'm sure there's footage of you not turning up.

You're getting me mixed up with you. Sir Nut has footage of you not showing up to fight him. Fucking pair of freaks you two are.

24I Can't Be Arsed Anymore - Page 2 Empty Re: I Can't Be Arsed Anymore Sun Oct 28 2012, 09:37

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
I'm sure there's footage of you not turning up.

Sir Nut has footage of you not showing up to fight him. Fucking pair of freaks you two are.

hey thats my son your slaging off. Hes well cool.

25I Can't Be Arsed Anymore - Page 2 Empty Re: I Can't Be Arsed Anymore Sun Oct 28 2012, 09:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:

You're getting me mixed up with you.

Easily done.

26I Can't Be Arsed Anymore - Page 2 Empty Re: I Can't Be Arsed Anymore Sun Oct 28 2012, 10:14

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:Not so long ago BWFC was very important in my life, if we lost on a Saturday afternoon it would spoil my whole weekend. I realised yesterday that I no longer care. I laughed when Boro predictably scored their winner, and once I'd had my tea I didn't give BWFC another thought.

The club is in a mess. An owner who seems to trust a clueless Chairman. A procession of crap managers who spout bullshit week after week. And a bunch of overpaid ponces for players who show their utter contempt for BWFC for 90 minutes every week and then go home to their slags and collection of flash motors and count their cash that we so gratefully gave them.

I think I've been in denial in recent months/years. Despite hating Owen Coyle and the players I've always thought the good times were just around the corner and some great results were imminent. But I've woken up. This club is on the way down, I can seriously see us playing League 2 football within 5 years.

I doubt I'll go to another game in a while. There's only so long you can put your trust in an inept Chairman and greedy players. Has anyone been feeling a similar way of late?

you've hardly been lately anyway

27I Can't Be Arsed Anymore - Page 2 Empty Re: I Can't Be Arsed Anymore Sun Oct 28 2012, 10:23

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Nat, I have felt the same as you for a number of years now. I know we both felt huge passion and were loving supporting bolton in the 90s, remember the walker and mcginlay partnership with the likes of David lee, or the Bolton team with Blake, frandsen, Thompson, Jensen, etc. I remember the excitement when signing players like curcic, fish, frandsen and johansen, Blake, etc or years earlier signing players like mixu. They were great times, i used to dream about the game the next day, my whole mood depended on how Bolton dud that day. Now I just don't give a shit, is it because we are older? Is it that as Bolton fans we've achieved everything that a club like Bolton can do? We always had the dream of being in the premier leAgue. For many years we were a yoyo club and still had the dream of being an established prem team. We have done it all - 12 seasons in the top flight, Europe, domestic cup finals, what more is there to do? The premier league is a bore for teams who's aim is to finish above 17th, losing half your games a season, defeats don't matter against big clubs as its expected. But now back in the championship, we have next to no exciting players, we don't have a goal scorer, we don't have a player we all rave about and like. It's just no fun supporting Bolton in recent years. Will we ever feel like we once did? I don't think we ever will!

28I Can't Be Arsed Anymore - Page 2 Empty Re: I Can't Be Arsed Anymore Sun Oct 28 2012, 10:57

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I still go to the Sports Cafe hoping and praying that they have the match, but I am definitely not disappointed anymore if they haven't got it, unlike near the end of the Allardyce era. Even when I got home early last night, thanks to the non-trains (the extension of platforms to take longer trains due to the line extension from Lelystad to Zwolle), I just found myself watching a Bond movie rather than anticipating to watch MoTD or Footie League Show. Still enjoy football but watching Bolton is definitely losing its appeal as predicting a loss week in and week out is just demoralising. Probably BH is right in having fun at our teams expense - even they can manage top play well without a manager and they do seem to be taking their time in getting a manager, and same can be said with Burnley. DF may well be the next Allardyce, only the next few matches will tell, but one thing is for certain the team that DF inherits is definitely far much poorer than the the team that Allardyce inherited from Todd.

29I Can't Be Arsed Anymore - Page 2 Empty Re: I Can't Be Arsed Anymore Sun Oct 28 2012, 11:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I used to go to most games and when i was at uni i went to a lot of away games too, loved it.

Sadly now i don't have the money nor the inclination to do so.

30I Can't Be Arsed Anymore - Page 2 Empty Re: I Can't Be Arsed Anymore Sun Oct 28 2012, 11:27

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I rather support Bolton in league 2 than MUFC any day.

13 games out of the Premier League and you've lost interest already..

Go support a team that moans when they finish 4th.

31I Can't Be Arsed Anymore - Page 2 Empty Re: I Can't Be Arsed Anymore Sun Oct 28 2012, 11:44

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Not so long ago BWFC was very important in my life, if we lost on a Saturday afternoon it would spoil my whole weekend. I realised yesterday that I no longer care. I laughed when Boro predictably scored their winner, and once I'd had my tea I didn't give BWFC another thought.

The club is in a mess. An owner who seems to trust a clueless Chairman. A procession of crap managers who spout bullshit week after week. And a bunch of overpaid ponces for players who show their utter contempt for BWFC for 90 minutes every week and then go home to their slags and collection of flash motors and count their cash that we so gratefully gave them.

I think I've been in denial in recent months/years. Despite hating Owen Coyle and the players I've always thought the good times were just around the corner and some great results were imminent. But I've woken up. This club is on the way down, I can seriously see us playing League 2 football within 5 years.

I doubt I'll go to another game in a while. There's only so long you can put your trust in an inept Chairman and greedy players. Has anyone been feeling a similar way of late?

I believe you left out greedy Chairman as well if you look at the finances. Can't disagree with this as the team has been spiraling in the wrong direction for almost two years without the person at the top recognizing the rapid decline.

32I Can't Be Arsed Anymore - Page 2 Empty Re: I Can't Be Arsed Anymore Sun Oct 28 2012, 11:56

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lofty_Love wrote:I rather support Bolton in league 2 than MUFC any day.

13 games out of the Premier League and you've lost interest already..

Go support a team that moans when they finish 4th.

It is not 13 games, though..... it stems from Sammy Lee's era all the way through the mess we are in now, and that is over 4 worth of decline,and yet the inner sanctum cannot see how much we have declined or how much the fans have basically given up on teh cloub, although we are still Bolton fans - bvut just not prepared to pamper the Board and owner with our presence, and why should we when money is tight, fopotball is expeneive and the players and managers just don't give a shit!

As I said in my earlier post, the team we have now in nowhere near as good as what Allardyce inherited - its going to take years to get back to where we were when Allardyce left us - and yet after he did it was menat to be a period of more growth to establish ourselves as a European team and a top 6 finisher - whatever happened to that dream!!!

33I Can't Be Arsed Anymore - Page 2 Empty Re: I Can't Be Arsed Anymore Sun Oct 28 2012, 12:15

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If you can't be arsed then just don't go or do something else with you spare time like you keep telling everyone else.

Every team has their good and bad times, sadly we are having some pretty shit times at the moment, we don't have a goal scorer and our defence is shit but just because we are having an aweful time of it right now it doesn't mean I will stop going to the games.

Dougie Freedmans Super White Army! Very Happy

34I Can't Be Arsed Anymore - Page 2 Empty Re: I Can't Be Arsed Anymore Sun Oct 28 2012, 12:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha - would you turn up if for the next 10 games if Freedman's starting line up was:

Lonergan

Riley Ricketts A.N Other Alonso

Lee Spearing Mavies Wylde

Sordell Eaves

I would even though i know we'd get battered, but it would be worth it just to see some progress.

35I Can't Be Arsed Anymore - Page 2 Empty Re: I Can't Be Arsed Anymore Sun Oct 28 2012, 12:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Natasha - would you turn up if for the next 10 games if Freedman's starting line up was:

Lonergan

Sordell Eaves

I would even though i know we'd get battered, but it would be worth it just to see some progress.

Yes I would. If Dougie came in and changed things straight away and gave chances to the fringe players I would be happy to go to the match - there would be excitement again, how would the team play with different personnel and players?

Sadly I suspect Dougie will pick the same team Coyle did.

36I Can't Be Arsed Anymore - Page 2 Empty Re: I Can't Be Arsed Anymore Sun Oct 28 2012, 12:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Natasha - would you turn up if for the next 10 games if Freedman's starting line up was:

Lonergan

Sordell Eaves

Yes I would. If Dougie came in and changed things straight away and gave chances to the fringe players I would be happy to go to the match - there would be excitement again, how would the team play with different personnel and players?

Sadly I suspect Dougie will pick the same team Coyle did.

Agreed. Dougie will have the same unrealistic pressures on him as OC had to win games NOW instead of taking the necessary time for rebuilding, so he will naturally turn to his "senior players" despite them having shown they're not that good. But we live in hope.

37I Can't Be Arsed Anymore - Page 2 Empty Re: I Can't Be Arsed Anymore Sun Oct 28 2012, 12:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Agreed. Dougie will have the same unrealistic pressures on him as OC had to win games NOW instead of taking the necessary time for rebuilding, so he will naturally turn to his "senior players" despite them having shown they're not that good. But we live in hope.

You know what, I hope Dougie has the sense to come on forums like this one and get a feel for what the fans think. Coyle may have thought we were clueless but the fact is 15,000 fans can't all be wrong about Knight, Davies etc.

I worry that from day one the people at the club with be telling him Davies is a rock, Bogdan is going to be better than Joe Hart, Mark Davies will captain England one day etc etc.

38I Can't Be Arsed Anymore - Page 2 Empty Re: I Can't Be Arsed Anymore Sun Oct 28 2012, 13:01

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Lonergan

Sordell Eaves

Alonso instead of Warnock? Why?

39I Can't Be Arsed Anymore - Page 2 Empty Re: I Can't Be Arsed Anymore Sun Oct 28 2012, 13:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Age. One for the long term. Alonso has been given very little defensive responsibility whilst he's been a bit part player in a team of old hacks and the one thing he needs to learn quickly is defensive positioning and tackling properly. He could learn a lot from Warnock, but he needs to be given more responsibility on the pitch. He has enough about him to become a great player and if he was defending behind a bunch of kids he'll have a better chance of learning how to take his job more seriously.

40I Can't Be Arsed Anymore - Page 2 Empty Re: I Can't Be Arsed Anymore Sun Oct 28 2012, 13:27

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I disagree. Alonso is shit and is a liability. I doubt he has much future with us tbh. He'll be off to jail in the near future.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum