Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WORLD CUP (EURO) FINAL TONIGHT ENG vs GER

+10
karlypants
boltonbonce
okocha
Norpig
Hip Priest
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Bolton Nuts
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

England kicked off at Old Trafford on the opening day with a 1-0 win against Austria in front of a 70,000 sell out crowd.

Next up, the hosts play Norway.

Team form shows both teams have won their last five matches in a row, but in head to head games with Norway, England have lost 5 out of six, and drawn the other.  Can England turn it around?

The match will be live on normal TV for anyone who wants to fill their boots with football this summer.

Last edited by Biggie on Sun Jul 31 2022, 13:47; edited 4 times in total

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Bolton Nuts

Admin

WORLD CUP (EURO) FINAL TONIGHT ENG vs GER 5a561010

Some people say that they don't watch women's football because its a lower standard. But would that mean you watched the mens tennis and not the women's?

Just see it for what it is. It's an International competition of the highest standard within its category. And if you don't think women can play, watch this...

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm loving it but the sexists are out in force. This for example:

WORLD CUP (EURO) FINAL TONIGHT ENG vs GER 292593659_8333137413378625_1243009499803203702_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=8qb37jnnVukAX8dgtkV&tn=rxaMN0P7_R8unYdU&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

...and this...
WORLD CUP (EURO) FINAL TONIGHT ENG vs GER 293020342_10160186905567002_8429532494890506287_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=QSOpfirU_9IAX_fAg2y&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1

Bolton Nuts

Admin

He he.

Ah well. I'll be watching again tonight.
Can't believe I'm on a football forum and it doesn't even get a bit of a discussion.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have no interest in womens football.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Biggie wrote:He he.

Can't believe I'm on a football forum and it doesn't even get a bit of a discussion.

It is rubbish mate.

I've no problem ladies playing football, and if my daughter had wanted to do it I would have encouraged her and be her number one supporter but as something I'd want to watch, it is Mickey Mouse (or should that me Minnie Mouse?) type stuff for me.

I've said before they need to tailor their game to their capabilities - women's cricket play on a much reduced ground size simply because they haven't physically got the power or physique to play on the ones men do, women tennis play 3 sets and not 5 like men do for the same reasons.

They should reduce the size of the goals as few if any of the keepers are 6 foot or over, and nearly every shot on goal goes in!  They should reduce the size of the pitch as the women can't physically defend the full width of a normal pitch and that's why you see the forwards and midfielders run through them all the time.

It's just a joke and that's why I've no interested in following it at all.

Sorry, no intention to offend anyone.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:It's just a joke and that's why I've no interested in following it at all.

Too late. I am officially offended.

If you'd seen my 25 yard volley at Deepdale in '94 you'd change your tune.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:It's just a joke and that's why I've no interested in following it at all.

Too late. I am officially offended.

If you'd seen my 25 yard volley at Deepdale in '94 you'd change your tune.

I can imagine your technique was superb, the thing that spoilt it tough was the goalkeeper was probably only about 5 foot 2 tall.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thoroughly enjoyed England smashing Norway 8 nil tonight - almost as much as Ian Wright embarrassing himself at half time. Good watch but the Norway coach needs sacking.

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Yes, I also have to say that though I wasn't expecting it, I was thoroughly entertained tonight and am looking forward to the next round. Good luck to 'em.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can see the standard in womens football has increased massively but the goalkeepers are still awful and i tend not to watch it to be honest.

The only womens sport i do like watching is boxing, those ladies don't hold back and are often better fights than the mens.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Imo women's tennis, badminton and golf are really excellent due to the skill-levels on display....and, whilst women's cricket is generally weak, Sarah Taylor was one of the best wicketkeepers I've ever seen, as good as any man. 

Sheer power can dominate in some men's games to the point where the spectacle may be spoilt.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As football becomes less and less of a contact sport, I can envision women playing with and against men.
Maybe not in my lifetime, but it's coming.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Sluffy wrote:
Biggie wrote:He he.

It is rubbish mate.

I've no problem ladies playing football, and if my daughter had wanted to do it I would have encouraged her and be her number one supporter but as something I'd want to watch, it is Mickey Mouse (or should that me Minnie Mouse?) type stuff for me.

I've said before they need to tailor their game to their capabilities - women's cricket play on a much reduced ground size simply because they haven't physically got the power or physique to play on the ones men do, women tennis play 3 sets and not 5 like men do for the same reasons.

They should reduce the size of the goals as few if any of the keepers are 6 foot or over, and nearly every shot on goal goes in!  They should reduce the size of the pitch as the women can't physically defend the full width of a normal pitch and that's why you see the forwards and midfielders run through them all the time.

It's just a joke and that's why I've no interested in following it at all.

They shouldn't change it.
We need to accept that it's a different game, with more goals and more attacking. It's the same size, the same rules, and they play accordingly.

It would be like if the men said let's have bigger nets and wider pitches. It might make the game more open and more fun.

Just because the game is played one way by the women and another way by the men doesnt mean its wrong.

I do wish you would give it a try and maybe you will find it enjoyable if you don't look for the things you think are wrong?

Bolton Nuts

Admin

WORLD CUP (EURO) FINAL TONIGHT ENG vs GER Ni-wu110

England take on Northern Ireland tonight.
Should be a good watch for everyone.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:WORLD CUP (EURO) FINAL TONIGHT ENG vs GER Ni-wu110

England take on Northern Ireland tonight.
Should be a good watch for everyone.
Are you watching this for the wobbly bums and tits?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Biggie wrote:They shouldn't change it.
We need to accept that it's a different game, with more goals and more attacking. It's the same size, the same rules, and they play accordingly.

It would be like if the men said let's have bigger nets and wider pitches. It might make the game more open and more fun.

Just because the game is played one way by the women and another way by the men doesnt mean its wrong.

I do wish you would give it a try and maybe you will find it enjoyable if you don't look for the things you think are wrong?

I've tried watching it mate, I gave it more than a few months watching the WSL - even decided to support West Ham ladies to give me a team to follow as I knew some of their names from watching that series about Sullivan's lad.

It was pathetic.

Brilliant for the girls and all that but really it wasn't even Conference level standard - and these are the best girl teams in the country remember.

It isn't down to me to tell them to change all the rules but what is the point of 8-0 games (5-0 tonight I see - what a surprise!) and people banging on about Ellen White on the verge of breaking Rooney's most goals for England tally when she can hardly miss with any shot on target with 5ft something midgets in the full size nets facing her?

It's a joke.

If people want to watch that then fair enough, I just don't see the point.

As I've said other sports have changed things in order to tailor them to women's physicality - and I'm not being sexist or a misogynist - they are physically smaller and weaker than men - that's a general fact of nature.

Play on smaller pitches and reduce the goals - both by 10% say, maybe even play 40 minute halves - then I'm sure straight away the games would become more competitive and interesting.

That's what they've done in other ladies sport - cricket, tennis for instance and both those sports are better for it and flourishing. As for the WSL everybody is making such a big fuss of it yet they still only manage to get non league size crowds and they play mainly in non league stadiums.

Maybe the ladies game will take off and prove me wrong but I doubt it will unless it changes in the ways I suggest.

Feby

David Ngog
David Ngog

Amongst your demographic, perhaps

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Sluffy wrote:
Biggie wrote:They shouldn't change it.

I've tried watching it mate, I gave it more than a few months watching the WSL - even decided to support West Ham ladies to give me a team to follow as I knew some of their names from watching that series about Sullivan's lad.

It was pathetic.

Brilliant for the girls and all that but really it wasn't even Conference level standard - and these are the best girl teams in the country remember.

It isn't down to me to tell them to change all the rules but what is the point of 8-0 games (5-0 tonight I see - what a surprise!) and people banging on about Ellen White on the verge of breaking Rooney's most goals for England tally when she can hardly miss with any shot on target with 5ft something midgets in the full size nets facing her?

It's a joke.

If people want to watch that then fair enough, I just don't see the point.

As I've said other sports have changed things in order to tailor them to women's physicality - and I'm not being sexist or a misogynist - they are physically smaller and weaker than men - that's a general fact of nature.

Play on smaller pitches and reduce the goals - both by 10% say, maybe even play 40 minute halves - then I'm sure straight away the games would become more competitive and interesting.

That's what they've done in other ladies sport - cricket, tennis for instance and both those sports are better for it and flourishing.  As for the WSL everybody is making such a big fuss of it yet they still only manage to get non league size crowds and they play mainly in non league stadiums.

Maybe the ladies game will take off and prove me wrong but I doubt it will unless it changes in the ways I suggest.

But aren't you making the mistakeof assuming that to be "interesting" it necessarily needs to mirror the men's game for the quantity of goals scored etc.

When football was first invented, they might have decided to have 9 foot goals. Or wider goals. We wouldn't have said the game was shit because the men couldn't reach the bar. We would just expect more goals.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum