Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WORLD CUP (EURO) FINAL TONIGHT ENG vs GER

+10
karlypants
boltonbonce
okocha
Norpig
Hip Priest
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Bolton Nuts
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

karlypants wrote:
Biggie wrote:WORLD CUP (EURO) FINAL TONIGHT ENG vs GER - Page 2 Ni-wu110

England take on Northern Ireland tonight.
Should be a good watch for everyone.
Are you watching this for the wobbly bums and tits?

Yes.

But no if the Mrs asks.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Biggie wrote:But aren't you making the mistakeof assuming that to be "interesting" it necessarily needs to mirror the men's game for the quantity of goals scored etc.

When football was first invented, they might have decided to have 9 foot goals. Or wider goals. We wouldn't have said the game was shit because the men couldn't reach the bar. We would just expect more goals.

If women's football as it is, is popular it will thrive and grow, if it isn't it won't.

I don't believe it will in the way it is now.

I might be right I might be wrong, time will tell.

My view is that it won't catch on and will only be a sop by the major clubs to support a loss making ladies team to show that they are inclusive for their town/city and their supporters.

If it really was a money spinner don't you think clubs like ours would be falling over themselves to start one up...?

Bolton Nuts

Admin

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Posted my comment on another thread - because you changed this threads' title so didn't realise it was about the Lionesses who were very entertaining tonight.

Hopefully we don't lose to Germany on pens in the final Smile

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I don't normally watch women's football, as I thought the level to be about the old Division 4 standard.
What a surprise! The standard of Euro football is very impressive, and as for contact sport I've seen lots of superb play, tactics, and skill. The physical side is also an eye-opener. No screaming or shouting or falling in a heap when somebody runs by. There are full bodied, and crunching, tackles. A fine example of that was the France - Germany game. I would like to see the England Ladies team win, but the physical shoving and bullying from the Germans, along with their skill levels, may just see off the Lionesses, but I really hope not.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I don't normally watch women's football, as I thought the level to be about the old Division 4 standard.
What a surprise! The standard of Euro football is very impressive, and as for contact sport I've seen lots of superb play, tactics, and skill. The physical side is also an eye-opener. No screaming or shouting or falling in a heap when somebody runs by. There are full bodied, and crunching, tackles. A fine example of that was the France - Germany game. I would like to see the England Ladies team win, but the physical shoving and bullying from the Germans, along with their skill levels, may just see off the Lionesses, but I really hope not.
I am in total agreement with my esteemed colleague above, who I hope is in good health.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not the best game of the tournament but it was a final ... and we beat Germany for once.
And that'll do for me.
WORLD CUP (EURO) FINAL TONIGHT ENG vs GER - Page 2 603197783

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I'm slightly disappointed that all the plastic fans will have tuned in for perhaps the poorest game so far and assume that's been the same for the rest of the tournament. 

But a win is a win. And a hard fought contest with a brilliant goal for the opener. 

Can't believe the month is over!

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Thoroughly enjoyed all England's matches. Brilliant win for them today. Chuffed to bits for them.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Great to see football played in the right spirit with little of the ugliness of the men's game. Fabulous opening goal against tough opponents.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

A bit like watching hockey in the Olympics, if you ask me.
Its OK every four years but I wouldn't be doing it every week.
Anyway I thought they all did very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6ddSA9lrkc

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:A bit like watching hockey in the Olympics, if you ask me.
Its OK every four years but I wouldn't be doing it every week.
Anyway I thought they all did very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6ddSA9lrkc

When did you last watch Bolton, Bob?

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Must admit I didn’t watch it all last night, gave it until half time then watched something else and only turned back on for the extra time, which I really enjoyed. Fair play to the lionesses and great to beat the K——s, sorry Nat, the Germans!! Sadly the womens game will degenerate as the money goes up until it’s like the mens and the sportsmanship, sorry Nat, womensship, also disappears. Given the huge crowd and gatherings around the country though, nobody can deny the interest in this, women or not and it may help the game generally as more girls and women attend their local clubs mens games too. It might help temper abuse at games in future too so there could be a boost for the game generally. Anyway, it’s great to see us win anything, men or women so up the England.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

When did you last watch Bolton, Bob?

Two days ago. Worrabout you?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WORLD CUP (EURO) FINAL TONIGHT ENG vs GER - Page 2 296143063_10224854715289436_7320806970540669941_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=kAXoSH2Yp60AX8zLkLV&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I've noticed Biggie has put a world cup winning star next to our Twitter account name...

:facepalm:

Tbh I'm happy that the English ladies won (I didn't watch it) but by God its certainly been massively overhyped since!

Things will soon go back to normal when the WFL kicks off again - everybody will be following men's football as usual and the ladies will not be filling the stadiums yet again.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I've noticed Biggie has put a world cup winning star next to our Twitter account name...

Tbh I'm happy that the English ladies won (I didn't watch it) but by God its certainly been massively overhyped since!

Things will soon go back to normal when the WFL kicks off again - everybody will be following men's football as usual and the ladies will not be filling the stadiums yet again.
It wasn't even the World Cup.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:Must admit I didn’t watch it all last night, gave it until half time then watched something else and only turned back on for the extra time, which I really enjoyed. Fair play to the lionesses and great to beat the K——s, sorry Nat, the Germans!! Sadly the womens game will degenerate as the money goes up until it’s like the mens and the sportsmanship, sorry Nat, womensship, also disappears. Given the huge crowd and gatherings around the country though, nobody can deny the interest in this, women or not and it may help the game generally as more girls and women attend their local clubs mens games too. It might help temper abuse at games in future too so there could be a boost for the game generally. Anyway, it’s great to see us win anything, men or women so up the England.

I posted about this point here. And that's my worry. 

Bolton Nuts

Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:I've noticed Biggie has put a world cup winning star next to our Twitter account name...

It wasn't even the World Cup.
I know. 👍

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

There are some aspects of ladies' football that the men's game could/should take on board: no harasssment of officials, not even any arguing with decisions made; very little diving or attempting to con the ref; no spitting or swearing; fewer "professional" fouls and far less pushing, shoving and baulking in the penalty areas; genuine sports(wo)manship, acting as worthy role-models for youngsters in a welcoming, friendly atmosphere which encourages them to take up the game.

More positives: No drunkenness, racism, violence, antagonism/taunting or hooliganism on the terraces, no arrests, no pitch invasions, a safe environment. After-match comradeship, sympathy for losers, appreciation of the opposition and no abuse from the crowds. Altogether a more edifying spectacle. Finally, I could encourage my daughters to take up the game without worrying.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum