Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New signings

+11
Mallorca Trotter
terenceanne
Sgt. Bash
chris_bwfc
MartinBWFC
Michael Bolton
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
wanderlust
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21New signings - Page 2 Empty Re: New signings Fri 2 Nov - 20:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gonnawin4coyle wrote:I like you Michael Bolton, you have the same ideas as me.

You should probably seek professional help. And soon. MB is a nutter.

22New signings - Page 2 Empty Re: New signings Fri 2 Nov - 20:12

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A nutter with the right ideas.

23New signings - Page 2 Empty Re: New signings Sun 4 Nov - 11:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:Wanderlust - no. Next season the money for being in the premier league is massive, something like 70m a season? If we get up we can look to sign players then. We should sign the best possible loan players we can now to get us up. We can't piss arse about trying to develop players who we can afford right now - ie 500k sort of players. Very rarely will such a player be able to step up to premier level anyway. I am sure given the size of most premier league squads there are a lot of good players available on loan.

It's interesting in the light of last night's game. By giving them the roles they are most comfortable with, suddenly Ngog, Pratley and Knight look like new signings. If Freedman is true to his word, will we see the same from Sordell, Wylde, Vela when he comes back, and others?

A lot of media people keep banging on about us having the best squad in the Championship - I'll start to believe that if they are used, allowed to do what they do best and show they can hack it.

I agree that we should invest IF we get promoted, but I think that bringing in loanees to get us there would be disruptive at this stage. The players are basically on trial at the moment and appear to have been given the licence to do what they do - so there are no excuses. Once they have been assessed, those that fail will need to be dumped and replaced but they must be given a chance first. A lot of players don't seem to have been given much of a chance under OC so it would be rash to write them off now IMO. January is still a couple of months away so Freedman should know a lot more about the squad by then.

24New signings - Page 2 Empty Re: New signings Sun 4 Nov - 13:01

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

In reference to any new signings ....

Although Zat had one of his better games I still find him clumsy.....and for a big lad very poor in the air. Never close to the ball when we have corners and free kicks. He usually heads it right up into the air.....

Wheater is much better all around .... I would count him as a new signing.....same with Holden. Take a good look at Riley, Wylde, Sordell, Eaves.....and finally put SKD out to pasture.

I don't really know what we would need in January untill everyone has had a good old chance.

ps: I personally prefer an experienced goalie ....but I can't see the club spending money after letting Jussi & Ali depart.....so that I'm not sure about.

25New signings - Page 2 Empty Re: New signings Mon 5 Nov - 10:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Good ideas except for Darren Bent ....who I rate as a bigger donkey than SKD .....which takes some doing I might add.

Zaha we could have got for another million or so .....

:wtf2:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum