Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TEAM NEWS: Wanderers down to 'bare bones' for Accrington semi-final

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TEAM NEWS: Wanderers down to 'bare bones' for Accrington semi-final 16420336

Wanderers are down to the “bare bones” ahead of Wednesday night’s Papa Johns semi-final tie against Accrington.

Shola Shoretire, Victor Adeboyejo and Dan Nlundulu are all cup-tied, having played in the competition for other clubs this season.

Kyle Dempsey was also forced off with an injury during the second half of the 1-0 defeat at Wycombe at the weekend.

Ian Evatt has also revealed that Cameron Jerome again suffered from a back spasm after the trip to Adams Park and could now miss Wednesday night’s game.

“The boys who came off have been sent for a scan this afternoon and we will see how we get on with those,” said the Bolton boss.

“Cameron had another back spasm in the same area on Saturday, so again he is doubtful for Wednesday. That is as much as I can tell you at the moment.

He added: “We are (down to the bare bones), there is no denying that. But I do believe whatever team I select, providing we focus on our own performance levels, is good enough to win that game.”

The stakes are high, with a trip to Wembley on the line for the winners at the Wham Stadium.

But Evatt says his side are at their best when they play with freedom and hopes they can shake off “the weight of expectation”.

“It is another big game, but I think the place we have put ourselves in – both in the division and in the cup – we are going to be saying this every week now,” the manager explained.

“Every game is a big game. Saturday was a big game, Wednesday and next Saturday will be big games.

“It is an absolute privilege to be involved in these big games and I have said to the players – the way that we play, we cannot carry the weight of expectation around our necks.

“We have to have clarity and freedom to play with the confidence we want to play with.

“It is not about thinking about the destination, it is the journey that we need to concentrate on and the next part of that journey is Wednesday night.”

But the Whites boss is also relishing the occasion and admits these types of games are why players want to get into the game.

He said: “They should be really excited to get a chance to play on Sky in a cup semi-final with a great opportunity of getting to Wembley.

“That is what we all entered the game to have – opportunities like this – and they should grasp it with both hands.

“The players just need to focus on our processes, focus on what makes a good performance and if they can perform to the levels I believe they can get to, we have a good chance of making the final. If we don’t, it is going to be a long night.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum