Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Who stays and who goes? - UPDATED

+7
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
BarrygoestoBolton
Natasha Whittam
Whitesince63
terenceanne
Sluffy
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

These 7 are out of contract this summer, who would you keep? Its tough as we don't know which division we'll be in but if pushed i would offer new deals to the top 4 and let the bottom 3 go.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kachunga should definitely be shown the door. Nice chap but simply not good enough. 1 goal and 2 assists doesn't cut it at this level, never mind the Championship. His conversion rate of 4% is the lowest at the club. However, I don't doubt for a minute that he will be offered a new deal, Evans seems to rate him.

Normally I'd be happy to let Bod go even though he's our best striker, simply because he's always injured. But because the forwards Evans signed in January are useless I'd offer him another year and hope he he could stay fit.

Dixon & Isgrove should definitely be shown the door. Williams, Sheehan & Lee have been in and out all season so I'd offer them one year on reduced wages. If they refuse it's no big deal.

All that was based on being in League 1 next season. In the unlikely scenario we are in the Championship I'd get rid of them all, none have consistently prospered at this level so they've no chance higher up.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Of those I think only Sheehan has shown the possibility of improvement at this and a higher level. Clearly Lee and Bod are good enough but one’s always injured and the others years are catching up on him so I’d let both go along with the rest who could I think be improved upon either in League 1 or the Championship. I suppose much depends on finance and obviously which league were in but I do think Evatt will have a clear out in the summer and maybe with some surprises.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I like what I've seen of Sheehan and would offer him another year.

The plan must have been for Adeboyejo to replace Bod but he's not set the world on fire so far as he?

I'd probably keep Bod for another year but it looks to me he's clearly not in the clubs future plans.

Kachunga is clearly loved by Evatt so I expect he will be offered a new contract but what is the point in having a forward who doesn't score or lay on chances?

Isgrove and Dixon will clearly be shown the door.

I'd keep Lee for another year - if he still has the legs.

As for MJ, I think we can find better, so it is a thank you for all you've done and good bye from me.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

An interesting case is Traff ...... just yesterday City played their backup keeper against West Ham. He looked pretty decent.  My point is that Traff will not see first team football for years at best. If he is willing to accept that then that's it - we need at a first team goalie pronto on day one. If Dixon goes, we need two keepers.
My usual theory on transfers is you don't get rid until you secure a better player in that position. Of course, we normally get rid and then scramble for whoever is leftover. So, one-year contracts for all at this point.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

terenceanne wrote:An interesting case is Traff ...... just yesterday City played their backup keeper against West Ham. He looked pretty decent.  My point is that Traff will not see first team football for years at best. If he is willing to accept that then that's it - we need at a first team goalie pronto on day one. If Dixon goes, we need two keepers.
My usual theory on transfers is you don't get rid until you secure a better player in that position. Of course, we normally get rid and then scramble for whoever is leftover. So, one-year contracts for all at this point.
I completely agree on Traf TA, no way is he going to even get a shout at first team level for several years yet, if ever. He’s going to have to spend at least a year in the Championship before we can tell if he’s up to even that level let alone the PL. that’s why I’m hoping we do get up and can maybe secure him for another year to develop and the same with Bradley, although I think he’s nearer the first team for Liverpool than Trafford is at City. Of course we’ve got to get there first and that’s the dilemma for Evatt. On keepers though I am hopeful that young Hutchinson in the B Team might fill in when Dixon leaves meaning we only need a first team keeper if Traf does go.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If the team is to progress it needs a permanent goalkeeper, it's probably the most important position after centre forward.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:If the team is to progress it needs a permanent goalkeeper, it's probably the most important position after centre forward.

To be fair Nat we’ve progressed this year with a loanee in Traf just as we also did last year. I don’t disagree that long term we need a permanent keeper but then to be fair I’d prefer permanence in all positions before improving someone else’s players. I suppose from where we were when Evatt arrived and still under embargo and heavily in debt some of these necessities have been forced on us. I’d be absolutely made up if Traf spent another season with us loan and Bradley as well until we’re in a position to sign quality permanent players ourselves.

BarrygoestoBolton

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Possibly the most important answer to this thread is Ian Evatt. A new three year deal signed.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BarrygoestoBolton wrote:Possibly the most important answer to this thread is Ian Evatt. A new three year deal signed.

Good news, not sure Nat will be too pleased though  Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BarrygoestoBolton wrote:Possibly the most important answer to this thread is Ian Evatt. A new three year deal signed.

Cheers Barry, thanks for spoiling my weekend.

Next you'll be telling me Kachunga has signed on again.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:To be fair Nat we’ve progressed this year with a loanee in Traf just as we also did last year. I don’t disagree that long term we need a permanent keeper but then to be fair I’d prefer permanence in all positions before improving someone else’s players. I suppose from where we were when Evatt arrived and still under embargo and heavily in debt some of these necessities have been forced on us. I’d be absolutely made up if Traf spent another season with us loan and Bradley as well until we’re in a position to sign quality permanent players ourselves.

If we don't get promoted I fear we will follow a similar path to MK Dons who went out in the play-offs last season and face relegation this time. Our current team without the thrust of Bradley is pretty average in my opinion, there's not a midfielder or forward I would be bothered about losing.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Cheers Barry, thanks for spoiling my weekend.

Next you'll be telling me Kachunga has signed on again.
It gets worse Nat. I've renewed my season ticket.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We all thought when Fossey went it would be bad news. But then we got an unknown Bradley. Trust Evatt to get a decent replacement in

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Lee, Kachunga, Dixon and Isgrove leave.

New deals for Bod and Sheehan  and contract extension 'triggered' for MJ

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

No surprise, really. Happy to see the back of Dixon as I never felt he offered much. Interesting summer ahead in the window, 9 spots open in the first team! Sadlier is back, but I imagine he will be moved on if a suitor comes knocking.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I played in goal for my Junior team when I was 12. 

I hold a record to this very day of conceding 24 goals in 2 games. 

I also couldn't kick past the 18 yard box so the strikers would just stand there and get tap in after tap in. 

I didn't play again after that. 

I am still better than Dixon.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sad to see Lee go but he wasn't getting much game time now and was injured a lot so it makes sense.

Glad to see JDB got a new deal but it is a risk with his injury record.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Glad to see the back of dead wood. Isgrove and Dixon both pony. Surprised Bodvarsson is being given a chance, we have enough strikers who can’t hit the back of the net.

Shame to see Lee go, but his legs are well and truly gone

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum