Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Super John talks to Liam Harrison

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Super John talks to Liam Harrison Empty Super John talks to Liam Harrison Mon Jul 03 2023, 08:49

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't know if this has been posted before but, if you haven't seen it, make a point of watching it.
Liam seems to have a way of getting the best out of his interviewees.

2Super John talks to Liam Harrison Empty Re: Super John talks to Liam Harrison Mon Jul 03 2023, 23:19

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Fantastic interview. This is what a real footballer looks like. No dramas, no tantrums, no ego, just a true professional. Great to hear it all first hand. Well done boys, wrote Jim Gavin 1726 on YouTube.

You nailed it, Jim. You absolutely nailed it.

3Super John talks to Liam Harrison Empty Re: Super John talks to Liam Harrison Wed Jul 05 2023, 07:01

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

No player, in over half a century, has had such a positive effect on the fortunes of BWFC yet NuttersĀ  cannot be bothered to offer a comment on the SJM interview. How interesting is that?

4Super John talks to Liam Harrison Empty Re: Super John talks to Liam Harrison Wed Jul 05 2023, 08:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:No player, in over half a century, has had such a positive effect on the fortunes of BWFC yet NuttersĀ  cannot be bothered to offer a comment on the SJM interview. How interesting is that?
I spent all day yesterday in Walkden. Haven't yet watched the interview, but, as Super John was an all time favourite of mine, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.
He's been eulogised so often it's very difficult to find something new to bring to the table.
His last match at Burnden will live long in the memory. What a night.

5Super John talks to Liam Harrison Empty Re: Super John talks to Liam Harrison Wed Jul 05 2023, 09:00

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
I spent all day yesterday in Walkden. Haven't yet watched the interview, but, as Super John was an all time favourite of mine, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.
He's been eulogised so often it's very difficult to find something new to bring to the table.
His last match at Burnden will live long in the memory. What a night.
Hope you enjoy it, Boncey. I have no doubt you will.

Watch out for the bit where Toddy tells SJM that he would have to play second fiddle to Beardsley and Holdsworth or leave.

SJM's achilles was knackered and he left for Bradford with a broken heart but what of the new dynamic striking duo brought in at great expense? Well they managed five Premiership goals between them as the club quickly sank back into the Championship and deeper in debt.

6Super John talks to Liam Harrison Empty Re: Super John talks to Liam Harrison Wed Jul 05 2023, 10:05

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Hope you enjoy it, Boncey. I have no doubt you will.

Watch out for the bit where Toddy tells SJM that he would have to play second fiddle to Beardsley and Holdsworth or leave.

SJM's achilles was knackered and he left for Bradford with a broken heart but what of the new dynamic striking duo brought in at great expense? Well they managed five Premiership goals between them as the club quickly sank back into the Championship and deeper in debt.
Just watched it. Superb.
That incident in Pakistan was hilarious.

7Super John talks to Liam Harrison Empty Re: Super John talks to Liam Harrison Wed Jul 05 2023, 10:53

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Will watch it when i get a chance Bob.

8Super John talks to Liam Harrison Empty Re: Super John talks to Liam Harrison Wed Jul 05 2023, 13:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I watched it thank you.

I must admit I'm not a big one for looking back, whatever happened, happened and there's no going back and you can't live in the past, learn from it, yes, but dwell on it, no.

I did like his morale's though, he wasn't all about money or status, like must seem to be.

9Super John talks to Liam Harrison Empty Re: Super John talks to Liam Harrison Wed Jul 05 2023, 17:13

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:I watched it thank you.

I must admit I'm not a big one for looking back, whatever happened, happened and there's no going back and you can't live in the past, learn from it, yes, but dwell on it, no.

I did like his morale's though, he wasn't all about money or status, like must seem to be.
When you get to a certain age, Sluffy, theremay not be a lot to look forward to but you can still learn a lot and appreciate even more by looking back. Its not living it neither is it dwelling on it. Its actually quite sensible if you think about it.

10Super John talks to Liam Harrison Empty Re: Super John talks to Liam Harrison Wed Jul 05 2023, 18:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Sluffy wrote:I watched it thank you.

I did like his morale's though, he wasn't all about money or status, like most seem to be.
When you get to a certain age, Sluffy, there may not be a lot to look forward to but you can still learn a lot and appreciate even more by looking back. Its not living it neither is it dwelling on it. Its actually quite sensible if you think about it.

I am of an age were unfortunately there are fewer years ahead of me than there are behind me, and there's certainly not much fun growing old and frail but what of value do I learn from that McGinlay shat himself in Pakistan or who his ideal fourball partners would be?

Do I really care that he sat in Kelly's place in the Oldham dressing room or that he finished his career playing at Brentford away whilst playing for Bradford?

This may enrich your learning and appreciation from it but it doesn't add anything to mine.

I'm not knocking the interview, they both presented themselves well and if I had a footballing hero, and McGinlay was it, I'd be delighted and hang on every word that he said - but I've never felt the need to hero worship anyone (and fwiw, I was less than well impressed when he sided with Holdsworth, Iles and the ST against Anderson - and led with that 'wanna be' Will Jones from the Lion of Vienna site, on the fan march at the stadium - which led to exactly nothing in the end other than to fuel all the hatred at the time).

If you, or anyone else got pleasure from watching the interview (and I'm sure you did) then I'm genuinely pleased for you but it simply isn't something that matters much to me - and I'm sorry if that somehow offends or disappoints you - it certainly isn't what I intended.

11Super John talks to Liam Harrison Empty Re: Super John talks to Liam Harrison Thu Jul 06 2023, 08:42

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've always thought SJM well worth listening to just as long as its not about business. He did wonders for BWFC but I wouldn't go to him for advice on any financial matter.

12Super John talks to Liam Harrison Empty Re: Super John talks to Liam Harrison Thu Jul 06 2023, 10:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:I've always thought SJM well worth listening to just as long as its not about business. He did wonders for BWFC but I wouldn't go to him for advice on any financial matter.
Nor would I bid for any of his Reebok gear. Surprised

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum