Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Steven Gerrard - England great?

+9
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
Lofty_Love
BoltonTillIDie
Sgt. Bash
Hipster_Nebula
Lyric Todkill
Sluffy
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Steven Gerrard - England great? - Page 4 Empty Re: Steven Gerrard - England great? Sat Nov 17 2012, 18:32

chipbutty wrote:74,

I gave my reasons for believing that Gerrard has never been a world class player. Agree or disagree with me, I don't care.

But at least I gave reasons for my beliefs unlike yourself.

Please read through the rest of this thread, I've made my opinion very clear, with plenty of reasons behind it.

Whether I agree or disagree with you is neither here nor there, I was pointing out how your 'reasons' were a load of rubbish, and prove absolutely nothing.

So they were rubbish reasoning, and it was a terrible argument.

62Steven Gerrard - England great? - Page 4 Empty Re: Steven Gerrard - England great? Sat Nov 17 2012, 19:45

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

74, you will not get away with it that easily.

I will not spent much more time on this but have had a quick look back at your recent posts. '

Gerrard was world class, he did it on the biggest stage of all (the champions league) and consistently in the toughest league in the world by a mile, especially during that period.

If he'd been an Italian/Spanish/French he'd be lauded as one of the best ever by everyone in Britain,

Gerrard would have walked into any national team in the world during those years, it's undeniable'.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
You have said that you have made your opinions clear, very true. You have also posted "with plenty of reasons behind it". Bollocks.

I'm still waiting for the reasons,
If you wish to debate with me by all means do so. But I wait for these 'reasons' you claim to have.

I'm not saying that Gerrard is a bad player only that he is not one of the world class players.

PS, I'm not looking for an argument here, just an exchange of views.

Last edited by chipbutty on Sat Nov 17 2012, 20:00; edited 1 time in total

63Steven Gerrard - England great? - Page 4 Empty Re: Steven Gerrard - England great? Sat Nov 17 2012, 19:58

Your argument is crap.

My points are clear and there for you to see.

I'm not getting into another debate about Gerard, just read my thoughts from there.

My comment was in regards to the 'reason' you gave to support gerrard mot being world class. Which was nonsense. Feel free to offer a valid one.

64Steven Gerrard - England great? - Page 4 Empty Re: Steven Gerrard - England great? Sat Nov 17 2012, 20:35

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

In case you missed it the first time.My reason for saying that Gerrard is not a world class player (apart from the evidence of my own eyes) is that no team with ambition of winning the Champions League have made a serious (not to be refused) offer for him.

Where as all you can come out with is, he is a great player, your argument is crap and other such childish comments.

Ok, I'm off now.

Better things to do.

65Steven Gerrard - England great? - Page 4 Empty Re: Steven Gerrard - England great? Sat Nov 17 2012, 20:43

chipbutty wrote:In case you missed it the first time.My reason for saying that Gerrard is not a world class player (apart from the evidence of my own eyes) is that no team with ambition of winning the Champions League have made a serious (not to be refused) offer for him.

Where as all you can come out with is, he is a great player, your argument is crap and other such childish comments.

Ok, I'm off now.

Better things to do.

I don't know why your finding it so difficult to understand but I think that reason you have given is bollocks.

All you've managed to do is repeat it 3 times.

66Steven Gerrard - England great? - Page 4 Empty Re: Steven Gerrard - England great? Sat Nov 17 2012, 20:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's also not true. Liverpool turned down 32 million for him and he was all set to leave until they won the Euro which changed his mind and he signed a huge contract 100k + to stay with Pool.

67Steven Gerrard - England great? - Page 4 Empty Re: Steven Gerrard - England great? Sat Nov 17 2012, 20:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

chipbutty wrote:In case you missed it the first time.My reason for saying that Gerrard is not a world class player (apart from the evidence of my own eyes) is that no team with ambition of winning the Champions League have made a serious (not to be refused) offer for him.

Ok, I'm off now.

Better things to do.

I'm not aware of anyone bidding for Messi, does that make him shite?

68Steven Gerrard - England great? - Page 4 Empty Re: Steven Gerrard - England great? Mon Nov 19 2012, 19:12

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Well they did so there.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum