Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sack The Manager?

+5
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
9 posters

Reply to topic

Should Shazza Sack The Manager?

Sack The Manager? Vote_lcap40%Sack The Manager? Vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]
Sack The Manager? Vote_lcap60%Sack The Manager? Vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Sack The Manager? Vote_lcap0%Sack The Manager? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sack The Manager? Empty Sack The Manager? Sat Oct 07 2023, 20:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're shite.

We've played six of the bottom 6 teams in the league and lost to 3 of them. Just like last season.

Same sideways passing every week. Same formation and tactics even when getting dicked. No plan B and not much of a plan A.

But worst of all, this team plays without any passion or pride.

It's time to get rid, this season can still be salvaged if we cut our losses now.

Am I right, or are you still happy clapping?

2Sack The Manager? Empty Re: Sack The Manager? Sat Oct 07 2023, 20:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m starting to get fed up with Evatt as well now.

This season is even easier than last IMO.

His level is League two!

3Sack The Manager? Empty Re: Sack The Manager? Sat Oct 07 2023, 21:06

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not really much point is there. 

The new man/woman will still have zero money. 

I’m pretty sure Evatt has found his level but he has done a good job. Probably deserves this season unless we’re properly in the shit.

4Sack The Manager? Empty Re: Sack The Manager? Sat Oct 07 2023, 21:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Keith Hill is available.

5Sack The Manager? Empty Re: Sack The Manager? Sat Oct 07 2023, 22:14

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It would be a huge mistake to sack Evatt. He’s proven he’s a good manager in his time with us and at barrow, we’ve progressed every season. Let’s not forget the shite few months in league two before we went on to win promotion. 

Evatt is still new to management and has things to learn but he always seems to find a way of turning it around once the going gets tough. 

He needs to instill some consistency.

6Sack The Manager? Empty Re: Sack The Manager? Sat Oct 07 2023, 22:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Keith Hill is available.

No thanks Very Happy

7Sack The Manager? Empty Re: Sack The Manager? Sat Oct 07 2023, 22:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Keith Hill is available.

No thanks Very Happy

Very Happy

8Sack The Manager? Empty Re: Sack The Manager? Sun Oct 08 2023, 13:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:It would be a huge mistake to sack Evatt. He’s proven he’s a good manager in his time with us and at barrow, we’ve progressed every season. Let’s not forget the shite few months in league two before we went on to win promotion. 

Evatt is still new to management and has things to learn but he always seems to find a way of turning it around once the going gets tough. 

He needs to instill some consistency.

There are no prizes for dominating possession or passing sideways. And that's the only way this team plays. Add that to the fact the manager's signings over the last 12 months have been absolutely terrible and it only results in one thing: massive failure.

Imagine selling your best player and replacing him with Adeboyejo & Nlundulu. He should be sacked for that alone.

9Sack The Manager? Empty Re: Sack The Manager? Sun Oct 08 2023, 13:52

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think he should be given this season to prove that he’s still able to progress us as a club, however, I think that’s going to be difficult.

Progression for me will be showing that we can win some games against the better teams in the league - Pompey, Derby, Barnsley, Peterborough, and I’ll throw Wycombe into that mix too. I’m not sure I believe that Oxford and Stevenage can sustain their form for the full season but who knows? And they’re certainly a big problem to us right now.
Also, consistency is something he has to improve. As Nat regularly points out, playing the struggling teams is never comfortable for us and we so often have bad results against them. He clearly needs a different game plan against how these teams approach us and to guarantee the points.

Agree that the signings haven’t been good and that’s on Evatt regardless of budget. He’s repeatedly said that we won’t sign players that don’t improve us so he has to shoulder the responsibility.
Right now, I see no evidence to believe that we’ll finish any higher than 6th or 7th unless we start to gel more when the injured players come back or there is money to spend in January on genuinely improving the squad. The pressure is on after the break and rightly so.

10Sack The Manager? Empty Re: Sack The Manager? Sun Oct 08 2023, 17:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In order to decide I think we need to know the inside story from our resident financial experts, because for me the crucial bit for progression was the quality of the signings of the summer as to play "the Evatt way" we need quality which this squad have only shown occasionally - and we need to know if the signings we made and the alleged targets we didn't sign was due to budgetary constraints or not.
I certainly get the impression that the manager didn't get his way even though a lot of people were moved on - maybe he got the best available for the budget he was given? And if not, there is always a gamble to be had when working with a small budget. It was Markham after all who identified the targets wasn't it?

11Sack The Manager? Empty Re: Sack The Manager? Sun Oct 08 2023, 19:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Aren't you the one who told us all you are a Business Consultant, with a MBA from a 'prestigious' educational establishment and have THREE groups of accountants working to you?

We know that FV have an outstanding loan to PBP of £5.5m and have just taken on a bond issue amounting to £4.5m, so clearly have at least £10m of debt on the books.

Since FV bought the business they have traded at a loss, I think they reported a £3.5m loss in their latest reported accounts , so I would imagine they would have also traded at a loss last season too, and if so at the moment it is difficult to see them turning a big profit this season without a good cup run and/or player sales.

FV have apparently turned down two bids for players, which does suggest that their financial position isn't a worry to them though.

The £4.5m bond was for two purposes, the first £3.5m for club infrastructure improvements and anything over that amount to be used to 'strengthen' the team.

They however didn't specify exactly what that meant, was the extra (£1m) for transfer fees, or was it for transfer fess AND player wages?

We seemed to have spent circa £600k on transfers already - so have we got the other circa £400k to use in January - or have we spent the whole amount already (£600k on transfer fees and the £400k committed to their additional wages (or pay rises to existing players to 'handcuff' to the club and stop them sniffing about elsewhere?)).

Even if we spent the whole £1m already it doesn't mean Sharon/ the clubs 'benefactor/s' would still lob some more money in to the transfer kitty for January if they were so inclined?

And is the Championship actually a golden financial goose anyway?

Seems promoted clubs would gain £6m (possibly more now?) from the EFL payments but increased player wage costs apparently would soon gobble that amount up and more?

You can also factor in that promotion would also trigger a 10% bonus payment to the bond holders (£450k) and £250k to EDT - a total of £700k.

The bottom line really is that debt is not a problem if you can afford to manage it.

I can't see FV Limited being able to do so but it would seem Sharon (and her benefactors) probably could and would.

The problem on the pitch seems obvious to me - Evatt just wants to play the one way ALL the time - and 'one size simply doesn't fits all' when it comes to beating different teams.

Fwiw did anybody else notice that Charles 'Djorkaeff' goal came from a long ball over the top and cutting out the midfield. from one of our centre backs (Iredale) - that certainly wasn't tippy tappy Evatt style football and suggest we need to have different tactics in out toolbox to unlock different types of opposing teams.

But what do I know?

12Sack The Manager? Empty Re: Sack The Manager? Sun Oct 08 2023, 22:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't believe you twats have turned another football thread into a financial lesson.

13Sack The Manager? Empty Re: Sack The Manager? Sun Oct 08 2023, 22:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:I can't believe you twats have turned another football thread into a financial lesson.

Isn't it solely all about the money that defines professional football these days...

14Sack The Manager? Empty Re: Sack The Manager? Sun Oct 08 2023, 22:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I can't believe you twats have turned another football thread into a financial lesson.

They are competing for who’s got the smallest Willy Very Happy

Last edited by karlypants on Sun Oct 08 2023, 22:53; edited 1 time in total

15Sack The Manager? Empty Re: Sack The Manager? Sun Oct 08 2023, 22:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And you thought Brucie was bad. You never know when you're well off. Surprised

16Sack The Manager? Empty Re: Sack The Manager? Sun Oct 08 2023, 23:57

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:Aren't you the one who told us all you are a Business Consultant, with a MBA from a 'prestigious' educational establishment and have THREE groups of accountants working to you?

We know that FV have an outstanding loan to PBP of £5.5m and have just taken on a bond issue amounting to £4.5m, so clearly have at least £10m of debt on the books.

Since FV bought the business they have traded at a loss, I think they reported a £3.5m loss in their latest reported accounts , so I would imagine they would have also traded at a loss last season too, and if so at the moment it is difficult to see them turning a big profit this season without a good cup run and/or player sales.

FV have apparently turned down two bids for players, which does suggest that their financial position isn't a worry to them though.

The £4.5m bond was for two purposes, the first £3.5m for club infrastructure improvements and anything over that amount to be used to 'strengthen' the team.

They however didn't specify exactly what that meant, was the extra (£1m) for transfer fees, or was it for transfer fess AND player wages?

We seemed to have spent circa £600k on transfers already - so have we got the other circa £400k to use in January - or have we spent the whole amount already (£600k on transfer fees and the £400k committed to their additional wages (or pay rises to existing players to 'handcuff' to the club and stop them sniffing about elsewhere?)).

Even if we spent the whole £1m already it doesn't mean Sharon/ the clubs 'benefactor/s' would still lob some more money in to the transfer kitty for January if they were so inclined?

Seems promoted clubs would gain £6m (possibly more now?) from the EFL payments but increased player wage costs apparently would soon gobble that amount up and more?

You can also factor in that promotion would also trigger a 10% bonus payment to the bond holders (£450k) and £250k to EDT - a total of £700k.

The bottom line really is that debt is not a problem if you can afford to manage it.

I can't see FV Limited being able to do so but it would seem Sharon (and her benefactors) probably could and would.

The problem on the pitch seems obvious to me - Evatt just wants to play the one way ALL the time - and 'one size simply doesn't fits all' when it comes to beating different teams.

Fwiw did anybody else notice that Charles 'Djorkaeff' goal came from a long ball over the top and cutting out the midfield. from one of our centre backs (Iredale) - that certainly wasn't tippy tappy Evatt style football and suggest we need to have different tactics in out toolbox to unlock different types of opposing teams.

But what do I know?
The goal that I described as ‘a La Djorkaeff’ was actually scored by Josh Sheehan irc.

17Sack The Manager? Empty Re: Sack The Manager? Mon Oct 09 2023, 00:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Aren't you the one who told us all you are a Business Consultant, with a MBA from a 'prestigious' educational establishment and have THREE groups of accountants working to you?

But what do I know?
The goal that I described as ‘a La Djorkaeff’ was actually scored by Josh Sheehan irc.

So it was.

Doesn't really detract from anything I said in my "79 page essay" though did it?

..dunno..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum