Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time To Pay For Your Stupidity

+8
chipbutty
xmiles
Bernard Dennis Park
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Time To Pay For Your Stupidity - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Pay For Your Stupidity Wed Nov 21 2012, 17:20

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We could refuse treatment to foreigners too. Most won't have contributed much in taxes. The rich ones will pay for private health care anyway. I think my idea is a winner.

22Time To Pay For Your Stupidity - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Pay For Your Stupidity Wed Nov 21 2012, 17:26

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I know. Stop tax avoiders avoiding tax init.

This idea of restricting NHS services to certain people is clearly idiotic.

You would end up with people arriving at A&E waiting to see if they qualify for treatment or not. Waiting to be weighed, waiting for a breath test and then being asked for their debit card and maybe being sent away without receiving treatment at all.

I can't believe it's a serious proposal but it's worth an airing.

23Time To Pay For Your Stupidity - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Pay For Your Stupidity Wed Nov 21 2012, 18:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:There is a practical dimension to this as well. Even if fatties, etc were supposed to pay for their treatment most of them would be on benefits anyway and thus unable to pay. So no doctor is going to refuse to operate on them or treat them and we are back to square one.

It's called tough tits. People have to take responsibility for themselves and not expect the state to help them out with everything.

If this was 1912 people would have to stand on their own two feet or die, simple as that. When did we start making it easy for people?

24Time To Pay For Your Stupidity - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Pay For Your Stupidity Wed Nov 21 2012, 18:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

chipbutty wrote:
This idea of restricting NHS services to certain people is clearly idiotic.

You would end up with people arriving at A&E waiting to see if they qualify for treatment or not. Waiting to be weighed, waiting for a breath test and then being asked for their debit card and maybe being sent away without receiving treatment at all.

I can't believe it's a serious proposal but it's worth an airing.

Obviously it needs a lot of thought and planning, but one day it will happen...why not now? It's either make the fatties pay or kiss goodbye to the NHS.

25Time To Pay For Your Stupidity - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Pay For Your Stupidity Wed Nov 21 2012, 18:43

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

How about you have to pay the NHS if you do something illegal? That should be your own problem should it not?

26Time To Pay For Your Stupidity - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Pay For Your Stupidity Wed Nov 21 2012, 18:53

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Nat, you've raised this argument before, so its obviously something you have strong views about. I would suggest you seriously consider your cherry-picking approach to health care, and think about where it will go. I'm a cancer patient, and I'm 62. The way your thinking is that I would be, sooner or later, on a list where someone (who, by the way?), considers that I'm using too much, I'm too old, or I'm not contributing, (I'm still working full time, but one day I won't be). The next step to stopping medication, is to introduce euthanasia. You can say all these things now, but I doubt you will in 20-30 years, when someone who has your views, but with political power, will decide if you are to suffer a long and painful illness, or even die. Be careful what you wish for.

27Time To Pay For Your Stupidity - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Pay For Your Stupidity Wed Nov 21 2012, 19:14

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Nat, you've raised this argument before, so its obviously something you have strong views about. I would suggest you seriously consider your cherry-picking approach to health care, and think about where it will go. I'm a cancer patient, and I'm 62. The way your thinking is that I would be, sooner or later, on a list where someone (who, by the way?), considers that I'm using too much, I'm too old, or I'm not contributing, (I'm still working full time, but one day I won't be). The next step to stopping medication, is to introduce euthanasia. You can say all these things now, but I doubt you will in 20-30 years, when someone who has your views, but with political power, will decide if you are to suffer a long and painful illness, or even die. Be careful what you wish for.

This is why the NHS should be there for everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CtLSO7NN_-o

28Time To Pay For Your Stupidity - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Pay For Your Stupidity Wed Nov 21 2012, 19:37

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:There is a practical dimension to this as well. Even if fatties, etc were supposed to pay for their treatment most of them would be on benefits anyway and thus unable to pay. So no doctor is going to refuse to operate on them or treat them and we are back to square one.

It's called tough tits. People have to take responsibility for themselves and not expect the state to help them out with everything.

If this was 1912 people would have to stand on their own two feet or die, simple as that. When did we start making it easy for people?

So you are happy just to let people die?

29Time To Pay For Your Stupidity - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Pay For Your Stupidity Wed Nov 21 2012, 19:41

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:OK Natasha, what about theose who become addicted to prescribed drugs - should they pay?

Or what about those due to medical mal-practice can no longer exercise and end up gaining weight - should they have to pay?

What about those born with a drug adddiction - all thanks to their mother being an addict during pregnancy, should they have to pay?

You're just nit-picking. Clearly someone born with a drug addiction would be a child and therefore would receive free treatment.

There will always be exceptions and they can be looked at on a case-to-case basis. But instead of spending billions on fat bastards or greasy druggies let's spend the money on people who deserve it - like cancer patients.

So in that instance EVERY case would have toi be scrutinised before any treatment!!! That would make it VERY impracticle for teh NHS - it would have to mean the hiring of more high-paying managers, credit controllers, extend the finance department.

In fact it would actually cost approximately 1/3 more than now due to extra wages because of the extra workload for the non-medical departments!!!

30Time To Pay For Your Stupidity - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Pay For Your Stupidity Wed Nov 21 2012, 19:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Nat, you've raised this argument before, so its obviously something you have strong views about. I would suggest you seriously consider your cherry-picking approach to health care, and think about where it will go. I'm a cancer patient, and I'm 62. The way your thinking is that I would be, sooner or later, on a list where someone (who, by the way?), considers that I'm using too much, I'm too old, or I'm not contributing, (I'm still working full time, but one day I won't be). The next step to stopping medication, is to introduce euthanasia. You can say all these things now, but I doubt you will in 20-30 years, when someone who has your views, but with political power, will decide if you are to suffer a long and painful illness, or even die. Be careful what you wish for.

I'm actually on your side. I'm sorry you have cancer, but I hope you're getting all the treatment and drugs you need. But some people in certain postcodes aren't getting those drugs because their NHS Trust can't aford them. Almost certainly because they're fiting half the population with gastric bands.

This isn't a perfect answer, but something has to be done before the fat people take over the world. It's estimated that by 2020 over 50% of the population will be obese. God help us all.

31Time To Pay For Your Stupidity - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Pay For Your Stupidity Wed Nov 21 2012, 19:54

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I do think that cosmetic surgery should be curtailed on the NHS. If you were born with a cleft palate or some other disfigurement then fair enough. But gastric bands, liposuction, botox and the like should all be paid for privately.

32Time To Pay For Your Stupidity - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Pay For Your Stupidity Wed Nov 21 2012, 20:03

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

That won't please Natahsa especially now she is getting crows feet and bat-wings!

33Time To Pay For Your Stupidity - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Pay For Your Stupidity Wed Nov 21 2012, 20:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:That won't please Natahsa especially now she is getting crows feet and bat-wings!

I am 100% natural woman.

34Time To Pay For Your Stupidity - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Pay For Your Stupidity Wed Nov 21 2012, 20:11

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

crows feet and bat wings are 100% natural Very Happy

35Time To Pay For Your Stupidity - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Pay For Your Stupidity Wed Nov 21 2012, 20:16

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Reebok Trotter wrote:I do think that cosmetic surgery should be curtailed on the NHS. If you were born with a cleft palate or some other disfigurement then fair enough. But gastric bands, liposuction, botox and the like should all be paid for privately.

I agree that too much cosmetic surgery seems to be done on the NHS but gastric bands might actually be a cost effective way of reducing the number of fatties. Not ideal but more likely to work rather than trying to persuade them to stop eating.

36Time To Pay For Your Stupidity - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Pay For Your Stupidity Wed Nov 21 2012, 20:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:gastric bands might actually be a cost effective way of reducing the number of fatties. Not ideal but more likely to work rather than trying to persuade them to stop eating.

Not as cost effective as saying "eff off you fat bastard".

37Time To Pay For Your Stupidity - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Pay For Your Stupidity Wed Nov 21 2012, 20:36

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I agree in principle with banning 'unnecessay' cosmetic surgery, but quite often there is a mental health side to such surgery, which if left untreated, could be even more damamging to the person. .

38Time To Pay For Your Stupidity - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Pay For Your Stupidity Wed Nov 21 2012, 20:37

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Who said that to you Nat? let us know, and we'll sort 'em for ya Very Happy:D

39Time To Pay For Your Stupidity - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Pay For Your Stupidity Wed Nov 21 2012, 20:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Who said that to you Nat? let us know, and we'll sort 'em for ya Very Happy:D

Insulting. It's time the mods stepped in.

40Time To Pay For Your Stupidity - Page 2 Empty Re: Time To Pay For Your Stupidity Wed Nov 21 2012, 21:48

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum