Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gary Speed...

+9
WhiteBic
Keegan
Sgt. Bash
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Reebok_Rebel
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Gary Speed...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:12 pm

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:a bit of tact wouldn't go a miss nat.

If you want to discuss the nature of suicide start a thread.

I just find another RIP thread for this guy a bit much. It was his choice to die, why are we feeling sorry for someone who chose to do this?

I'm not posting on this thread anymore. I've said my bit. your just going to keep trolling now, so il let you get on with it...

22Gary Speed...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:13 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

no I wouldn't...

I feel sorry for him. Like I say, to do that must mean you feel you have no option left. are you really suggesting that ANY parent would take the option of leaving their kids without a parent lightly? Not to mention the mental scarring it would cause and leave their spouse as a single parent...

I dont belive for one second he took the easy way out, he had a reason for doing what he did and it seemed a better option.

Maybe he felt that him being dead would be better for his family due to something that had happened, maybe he was suffering from a severe mental illness and thus can be absolved of any blame anyway.

all I know is, anyone who commits suicide, especially in such a way as GS did, do so because they feel either panicked to the point of suicide (very much like the guy who shot himself in the film titanic - bad comparison I know) or they are severely mentally disturbed...

either way, its nothing but sad.

I'm sure he felt he had a valid reason for doing what he did. Although I suspect when the truth comes out it won't seem worth killing yourself over. Few things are.

And I'm not saying he took the decision lightly, but he chose to kill himself at home where he must have known there was a good chance his kids would find his body. I'm sorry, but what sort of human being exposes a child to that sort of scene when they return from school?

23Gary Speed...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

I'm not posting on this thread anymore. I've said my bit. your just going to keep trolling now, so il let you get on with it...

Brilliant answer. Someone has an alternative view so rather than debate it you run off like a big girl.

I suspect it's because deep down you feel the same way.

24Gary Speed...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:19 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Natasha Whittam wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:

Sorry but you are bang out of order with the scumbags comment, I had a family member who did the same thing and don't appreciate people saying disgusting comments like that.

I appreciate you might not agree with suicide but to call them scumbags is just wrong.

Sorry you feel that way, but I'm just being honest. Without turning into Amos I have experience of this and, believe me, there is no worse experience.

Perhaps scumbags was the wrong word though, let's go with "selfish".

Can't argue with the first line there is nothing worse, I was only young at the time but still affects me and my family to this day.

Yes scumbags is the wrong word IMO, scumbags are people like drug dealers and murderers not suicide victims.

25Gary Speed...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:27 pm

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Brilliant answer. Someone has an alternative view so rather than debate it you run off like a big girl.

I suspect it's because deep down you feel the same way.

Fine...

Like you do? You have ran away from several threads recently were you run out of trolling ideas and simply leave the thread to run its course...

your nothing but a WUM, a pretty good one, but a total WUM and a troll. I dont think anything you post is actually 'your' opinion. You simply post what will provoke a reaction, when you get one I assume you must get some form of sadistic pleasure out of it.

why do you refer to it as 'your work' as well... strange.

26Gary Speed...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'm sure he felt he had a valid reason for doing what he did. Although I suspect when the truth comes out it won't seem worth killing yourself over. Few things are.

I feel the truth (if it can be called 'truth') if any, is better of staying were it is if im honest Nat...

27Gary Speed...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:28 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Fine...

Like you do? You have ran away from several threads recently were you run out of trolling ideas and simply leave the thread to run its course...

your nothing but a WUM, a pretty good one, but a total WUM and a troll. I dont think anything you post is actually 'your' opinion. You simply post what will provoke a reaction, when you get one I assume you must get some form of sadistic pleasure out of it.

why do you refer to it as 'your work' as well... strange.

I won't joke about on a subject like suicide. The opinions I have given here are all my own. I suspect by the lack of people jumping in to condemn me that most feel the same way I do, they just don't want to say it.

28Gary Speed...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:26 pm

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm not going to be drawn into a long debate about suicide, all I will say is it is NOT the easy way out. If it was, hundreds of thousands of people would kill themselves every day. To take your own life is the hard way out. It must take more guts, balls, courage than anything else to actually go through with it. Leaving a mess behind for others to find is horrible, yes, but it's not an easy way out and as others have said, Gary must have had no doubts that it was the ONLY option available to him. Such a sad situation! That's all I will say on that.

RIP Speedo. Gone, but never forgotten!

29Gary Speed...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:33 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote:all I will say is it is NOT the easy way out.

A bloke gets a girl pregnant and then does a runner a few weeks after the baby is born, leaving her to bring up the child on her own. No one would deny that is taking the easy way out.

A family gets into massive debt and can't pay any bills. The husband does a runner leaving his wife and three kids to face life without a roof over their heads. No one would deny that is taking the easy way out.

A guy hangs himself at the family home leaving his wife and kids to sort his mess out. No one should deny that is taking the easy way out.

30Gary Speed...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:40 pm

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

It is unfortunate that he took his life and I understand Nat's view that he should have done so where his kids were not likely to see the end result. I don't know how much reason and logic can be applied to the decision to end your life, however. What's done is done and I will always remember him not for his death, but for his life.

R.I.P. Gary Speed. Like a Star @ heaven

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

31Gary Speed...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:42 pm

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sorry, I agree with Whit's selfish stance (scumbag was a little much). To put his family through that and scar them for life is selfish, there is no other way of describing it. But like boon says it isn't the easy way out the majority of the time.

32Gary Speed...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:56 pm

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Lt. Boon wrote:all I will say is it is NOT the easy way out.
A guy hangs himself at the family home leaving his wife and kids to sort his mess out. No one should deny that is taking the easy way out.

What a load of bull shit.

33Gary Speed...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:15 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote:

What a load of bull shit.

I'm not taking the piss, I am genuinely interested in why you think that isn't taking the easy way out. Once you're dead all your problems become the problems of your wife and kids.

It is no different than some scrote doing a runner to avoid debts, it's just another way of not facing up to your problems.

34Gary Speed...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:47 pm

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm not taking the piss, I am genuinely interested in why you think that isn't taking the easy way out.

Lt. Boon wrote:I'm not going to be drawn into a long debate about suicide, all I will say is it is NOT the easy way out. If it was, hundreds of thousands of people would kill themselves every day. To take your own life is the hard way out. It must take more guts, balls, courage than anything else to actually go through with it. Leaving a mess behind for others to find is horrible, yes, but it's not an easy way out and as others have said, Gary must have had no doubts that it was the ONLY option available to him. Such a sad situation! That's all I will say on that.

35Gary Speed...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:50 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We clearly have a different definition of "balls".

If you think balls is jumping off the top of the stairs with a pair of tights wrapped around your neck then I despair.

Any fool can top themselves, it takes more "balls" to face up to your problems.

36Gary Speed...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:52 pm

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

To be fair, you know all about what it means to have balls "Natasha"!

37Gary Speed...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote:To be fair, you know all about what it means to have balls "Natasha"!

Good one! Not heard that before.

38Gary Speed...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:56 pm

summercummings

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

There's certainly no honour or balls in killing yourself and leaving your body for your kids to find.

39Gary Speed...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:02 pm

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

summercummings wrote:There's certainly no honour or balls in killing yourself and leaving your body for your kids to find.

Who said it was honourable?

40Gary Speed...  - Page 2 Empty Re: Gary Speed... Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:17 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have resurrected this post from 2012 with regards to Barry Bennell. Post 12 was my comment at the time regarding the dirty bastard.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum