Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Strange and bizarre occurrences.

+6
Sluffy
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
Bernard Dennis Park
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok Trotter
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Strange and bizarre occurrences. Empty Strange and bizarre occurrences. Sun Dec 30 2012, 00:07

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A few years ago I boarded a coach to go to a Wanderers game. I was wearing a new pair of slip on shoes that I had bought from George ( Asda)

After the game I had a couple of blisters so I slipped my shoes off. I then went to sleep, waking up just before it was time to get off.

On searching for my shoes I could only find one and I had to get off the coach like Wee Willie Winkie. I did report my loss to the driver but I never got the shoe back.....

Over six months later I got on the same coach and as I was getting off I came across my old shoe! I kid you not....

To this day I can offer no explanation for this bizarre occurrence.

2Strange and bizarre occurrences. Empty Re: Strange and bizarre occurrences. Sun Dec 30 2012, 00:11

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

6 months later! That is strange - did you save the other one? Maybe one of your fellow travellers decided to return it..

3Strange and bizarre occurrences. Empty Re: Strange and bizarre occurrences. Sun Dec 30 2012, 00:15

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is really odd... I threw the odd shoe away two weeks later but the shoe that I found after six months was genuinely the one that had gone missing. I tackled the coach driver but he insisted that the coach was checked quite regularly and there was no way that my shoe could have been sitting under a seat for six months because it would have been found a lot sooner.

4Strange and bizarre occurrences. Empty Re: Strange and bizarre occurrences. Sun Dec 30 2012, 15:51

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I once stayed in a hotel in a foreign country. When I went down for breakfast on the first day I got chatting to the people on reception. They asked me what room I was in and when I told them they told me a story about a murder which had happened in that room 10 years or so before. It was a crazy story and I wasn't sure if they were bullshitting me or not so I googled it. This is where it gets very strange... turns out I'm related to the murderer.

5Strange and bizarre occurrences. Empty Re: Strange and bizarre occurrences. Sun Dec 30 2012, 16:21

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I once stayed in a hotel in a foreign country. When I went down for breakfast on the first day I got chatting to the people on reception. They asked me what room I was in and when I told them they told me a story about a murder which had happened in that room 10 years or so before. It was a crazy story and I wasn't sure if they were bullshitting me or not so I googled it. This is where it gets very strange... turns out I'm related to the murderer.

Bloody hell, that is bizarre! was it in Thailand ?

6Strange and bizarre occurrences. Empty Re: Strange and bizarre occurrences. Sun Dec 30 2012, 16:24

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

No it wasn't Thailand. It was in Amosland.

7Strange and bizarre occurrences. Empty Re: Strange and bizarre occurrences. Sun Dec 30 2012, 16:28

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Personally, I would blame the Grolsch.

8Strange and bizarre occurrences. Empty Re: Strange and bizarre occurrences. Sun Dec 30 2012, 16:32

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Apparently the guy who died had ripped some people off for 20 kilos of coke. The guy I'm related to shot him in the head for it. Mad how I ended up staying in that room. It's a small world.

9Strange and bizarre occurrences. Empty Re: Strange and bizarre occurrences. Sun Dec 30 2012, 16:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I once stayed in a hotel in a foreign country. When I went down for breakfast on the first day I got chatting to the people on reception. They asked me what room I was in and when I told them they told me a story about a murder which had happened in that room 10 years or so before. It was a crazy story and I wasn't sure if they were bullshitting me or not so I googled it. This is where it gets very strange... turns out I'm related to the murderer.

This made me laugh out loud. I'd forgotten this fantastic Amos story.

10Strange and bizarre occurrences. Empty Re: Strange and bizarre occurrences. Sun Dec 30 2012, 16:49

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:This made me laugh out loud. I'd forgotten this fantastic Amos story.

This isn't an Amos story. This is a real Bernard Dennis Park story.

11Strange and bizarre occurrences. Empty Re: Strange and bizarre occurrences. Sun Dec 30 2012, 16:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:
This isn't an Amos story. This is a real Bernard Dennis Park story.

You're not good enough to tell stories like Amos.

12Strange and bizarre occurrences. Empty Re: Strange and bizarre occurrences. Sun Dec 30 2012, 17:01

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Ask Amos to go and ask the people at the hotel.

13Strange and bizarre occurrences. Empty Re: Strange and bizarre occurrences. Sun Dec 30 2012, 17:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Was the hotel in Almere ? It sounds a really dangerous place to live.

14Strange and bizarre occurrences. Empty Re: Strange and bizarre occurrences. Sun Dec 30 2012, 17:19

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Amsterdam.

15Strange and bizarre occurrences. Empty Re: Strange and bizarre occurrences. Sun Dec 30 2012, 21:35

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bernard, which hotel?

And the story (which is actually real) that Natasha is refering to was when I stayed at the StayOkay hostel (Vondelpark) about 7 year ago. I decided half way through teh trip that I needed some luxury so I checked into the Ibis, next to Centraal station, and checked out of the hostel. I thought nothing of it, until teh next month when I arrived at Schipol, got to passport control and got stopped as the police wanted to question me! I was taken to the nearest police station and they said from the offset that they already had teh culprit but just wanted to question me to see if knew anything and as normal routine by the Politie took a DNA sample, which they said they would destroy after the trail. I answered their questions and even got a lift to the hotel (which with hindsight was a good job as there was a public transport strike that day!!!) Anyway to cut a long story short basically the day I booked out of the hostel an Englishman murdered a German in the hostel by cracking his skull open with an object.

as a side-note the stayokay vondelpark (the old entrance) was used in the old version of Doctor Who - as Peter Davison playing the Doctor!!! Also, another hotel where I sometime stayed (The Leidse Square hotel) was used in Coronation Street a few times, whilst the Hard Rock Cafe, whilst still under construction, was used in a scene in the 1990's version of Van der Valk!

16Strange and bizarre occurrences. Empty Re: Strange and bizarre occurrences. Sun Dec 30 2012, 21:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:Bernard, which hotel?

And the story (which is actually real) that Natasha is refering to was when I stayed at the StayOkay hostel (Vondelpark) about 7 year ago. I decided half way through teh trip that I needed some luxury so I checked into the Ibis, next to Centraal station, and checked out of the hostel. I thought nothing of it, until teh next month when I arrived at Schipol, got to passport control and got stopped as the police wanted to question me! I was taken to the nearest police station and they said from the offset that they already had teh culprit but just wanted to question me to see if knew anything and as normal routine by the Politie took a DNA sample, which they said they would destroy after the trail. I answered their questions and even got a lift to the hotel (which with hindsight was a good job as there was a public transport strike that day!!!) Anyway to cut a long story short basically the day I booked out of the hostel an Englishman murdered a German in the hostel by cracking his skull open with an object.

as a side-note the stayokay vondelpark (the old entrance) was used in the old version of Doctor Who - as Peter Davison playing the Doctor!!! Also, another hotel where I sometime stayed (The Leidse Square hotel) was used in Coronation Street a few times, whilst the Hard Rock Cafe, whilst still under construction, was used in a scene in the 1990's version of Van der Valk!

How did you find out you were related to the murderer? I am guessing they matched your DNA?
Did you know the identity of the murderer at the time you gave your saliva sample?

17Strange and bizarre occurrences. Empty Re: Strange and bizarre occurrences. Sun Dec 30 2012, 21:44

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It was Bernard that was related to the murdered victim in his story.

I was completely innocent and had nothing to do with the persons, or actions involved. I don't even know if it was in my dorm or not, all I know after being told by the police that it happened on teh day I left in the hostel I was staying in!!!

Anyway I forgot to mention that 2 months after that I actually received a letter from the politie advising that my DNA had been destroyed!

18Strange and bizarre occurrences. Empty Re: Strange and bizarre occurrences. Sun Dec 30 2012, 21:53

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:It was Bernard that was related to the murdered victim in his story.

I was completely innocent and had nothing to do with the persons, or actions involved. I don't even know if it was in my dorm or not, all I know after being told by the police that it happened on teh day I left in the hostel I was staying in!!!

Anyway I forgot to mention that 2 months after that I actually received a letter from the politie advising that my DNA had been destroyed!

What is really bizarre is that you and Bernard stayed in the same hotel in Amsterdam and are both Wanderers fans. What really puts the icing on the cake is that the Dutch police took your DNA even though you were unconnected with the crime.

Clearly Bernard also had to give a DNA sample and that is when it came out that he was related to the murderer. When you are talking about 20Kg of Cocaine I can only summise that Bernard may know more than he is prepared to divulge.

It sounds to me as if Bernard may have known the murderer prior to the commission of the offence. Why else did he go to the same hotel in Amsterdam ?

19Strange and bizarre occurrences. Empty Re: Strange and bizarre occurrences. Sun Dec 30 2012, 22:03

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bernard hasn't said which hotel he stayed at, yet?

20Strange and bizarre occurrences. Empty Re: Strange and bizarre occurrences. Sun Dec 30 2012, 22:20

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm not sure I should tell you actually. The person I'm related to seems to be a hitman so I don't really want some dutch mentalist going round asking questions about him. It was a hotel in the centre of Amsterdam though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum