Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes

+5
Reebok_Rebel
Reebok Trotter
Bernard Dennis Park
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Empty Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Mon Jan 07 2013, 11:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I had my "eureka" moment this weekend when I realised that football has become nothing more than a game for cheats, frauds and arseholes. And people wonder why we can only pull in a handful of Bolton fans for a game against PL opposition. I think deep down, most people feel like me.

For example, there has become a growing trend for people in the game to describe footballers as "courageous". That dickhead manager at Cardiff, Malky MacKay, is a prime example. His team, top of the Championship, lost at non-league Macclesfield. Did he berate his players? Did he heck. He described them as showing "great courage" Great courage!!! Ok, some of his players were young but what is courageous about playing in a football game in front of a few thousand fans? Absolutely nothing. Courage is overcoming a disability or being in the firing line in Iraq or some other shithole country. Pulling on a Cardiff City shirt should be a pleasure and the pinnacle of your career so far.

At the weekend I also watched that Brighton/Newcastle game on the TV. Shola Ameobi was sent off for nothing more than a light trip on the ankle of David Lopez. Lopez then rolled around as though a sniper had taken him out, clutching his KNEE! Amazingly Ameobi gets sent off and absoltely nothing is said about Lopez cheating. The pundits admitted it was a harsh sending off but claimed it was a silly challenge. Not one of these media twats said anything about Lopez rolling around the floor to get a fellow footballer sent off. It's as if we don't see these things. Have a punch-up and the FA will ban you even if the ref misses it. Roll around like a baby and that's fine. What sort of message is that sending out?

And then yesterday Luis Suárez scored a goal for Liverpool that was clearly a handball. Did he admit it? Of course not. His manager Brendan Twat Rogers admitted it was handball but said it was upto the referee to spot these things, not for his player to be honest. Again, what sort of message is that sending out?

Why has football become like this? Why has cheating become the norm? Why do we, the fans, just accept it? Don't we owe it to ourselves to walk away from football until it sorts itself out?

2Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Empty Re: Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Mon Jan 07 2013, 11:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Love this! You should get loads of responses, given that you've amalgamated 3 controversial topics and then suggested that the (only) solution is to "walk away". Brilliant.

My personal view is that people like the injustice and corruption. Look at the audiences for wrestling. Everyone knows it's a fix, that the falls are choreographed and that they're little more than nancy dancers in trunks, but folk lap it up. Hevn't watched wrestling since the Royal Brothers and Billy Two Rivers, but I know that it's massive ATM. Tour de France and the Olympics were at the top of the sports viewing tables this year, despiteeveryone knowing how bent they are.

You don't understand people if you don't recognise that most love torturing themselves/justifying their existence by moaning, debating, arguing, whingeing or crowing about the injustice of it all.

To then suggest they should walk away is like asking a junkie to quit. Chuck the grenade on the table and leave the room as usual - then chirp in later to criticise the carnage. Class.

3Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Empty Re: Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Mon Jan 07 2013, 11:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Love this! You should get loads of responses, given that you've amalgamated 3 controversial topics and then suggested that the (only) solution is to "walk away". Brilliant.

My personal view is that people like the injustice and corruption. Look at the audiences for wrestling. Everyone knows it's a fix, that the falls are choreographed and that they're little more than nancy dancers in trunks, but folk lap it up. Hevn't watched wrestling since the Royal Brothers and Billy Two Rivers, but I know that it's massive ATM. Tour de France and the Olympics were at the top of the sports viewing tables this year, despiteeveryone knowing how bent they are.

You don't understand people if you don't recognise that most love torturing themselves/justifying their existence by moaning, debating, arguing, whingeing or crowing about the injustice of it all.

To then suggest they should walk away is like asking a junkie to quit. Chuck the grenade on the table and leave the room as usual - then chirp in later to criticise the carnage. Class.

Ah right, good answer. So we should ignore the fact cheating is wrong because it's great to debate/argue about? Why don't we just decriminalise underage sex or murder - they're always good for a good debate.

If you had young kids would you want them to grow up thinking rolling around the floor is acceptable?

4Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Empty Re: Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Mon Jan 07 2013, 11:32

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Footballers are just behaving like the majority of the population. People are cheats, frauds and arseholes in all walks of life these days. It's not just Bolton Wanderers that is currently fucked up. Death is the only solution.

5Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Empty Re: Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Mon Jan 07 2013, 11:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Footballers are just behaving like the majority of the population. People are cheats, frauds and arseholes in all walks of life these days.

Exactly! And in our own way we all just accept it. Unless it directly effects us we simply don't care anymore. Society as a whole is in the gutter and people like wanderlust are happy for it to be there.

6Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Empty Re: Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Mon Jan 07 2013, 11:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Back on topic! Suarez has got form for using his hands. He did the same thing in the World Cup and deliberately handled a ball to prevent it going into the goal. Goal line technology would go some way to stopping cheating but unfortunately it's part of the modern game.

You get cheats in every sport but football is so widely televised compared to other sports and that's why we see so many flagrant breaches. The FA could always send out a message by fining Suarez and banning him.

Oh wait... didn't they do that recently with him?

7Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Empty Re: Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Mon Jan 07 2013, 11:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This isn't so much about what happens on the pitch, it's the attitude of the authorities and pundits. Lopez should have been abused and banned for rolling around the pitch holding the wrong part of his body - but it's just become acceptable. How did that happen? Why is it less acceptable to punch a guy in the face who's been abusing you all game than it is to fake injury to get a player sent off?

8Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Empty Re: Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Mon Jan 07 2013, 11:51

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Footballers are just behaving like the majority of the population. People are cheats, frauds and arseholes in all walks of life these days.

Exactly! And in our own way we all just accept it. Unless it directly effects us we simply don't care anymore. Society as a whole is in the gutter and people like wanderlust are happy for it to be there.

Apparently you run a big company?

I would assume that you yourself are a lying, cheating arsehole, otherwise your company would have gone under.

Advertising your field isn't it? So, on a daily basis you get paid to lie and cheat consumers in to spending money on some more pointless shite and get paid for it.

Its the way the world works nat, football is the same and always has been, the reason it appears more so nowadays is due to us having access to more forms of media - we are more exposed to things nowadays than we where in the past.

9Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Empty Re: Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Mon Jan 07 2013, 11:55

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shouldn't this thread be in the wandering minds section?

10Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Empty Re: Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Mon Jan 07 2013, 11:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Apparently you run a big company?

I would assume that you yourself are a lying, cheating arsehole, otherwise your company would have gone under.

Advertising your field isn't it? So, on a daily basis you get paid to lie and cheat consumers in to spending money on some more pointless shite and get paid for it.

Its the way the world works nat, football is the same and always has been, the reason it appears more so nowadays is due to us having access to more forms of media - we are more exposed to things nowadays than we where in the past.

What a load of utter shite. I've never cheated anyone into anything. We advertise products or events, we don't advertise things that don't exist.

Rebel, you make my overall point perfectly though - you just accept this behavior. But mark my words, if we get relegated/miss out on promotion because a Blackpool player dives to win a penalty you'll be the one going mental on here.

11Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Empty Re: Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Mon Jan 07 2013, 12:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:[
Rebel, you make my overall point perfectly though - you just accept this behavior. But mark my words, if we get relegated/miss out on promotion because a Blackpool player dives to win a penalty you'll be the one going mental on here.

And he will enjoy every moment of going mental about it. That is why I not only accept the "unacceptable" behaviour of some cheating barstewards, but respect their blatant flaunting of unenforceable regulations designed to give the appearance of a level playing field.

Equally, if you were disgruntled about same diving Blackpool player rolling about as if he'd been taken out by a sniper and you actually sniped him from the stands as result, I would find that an interesting topic of debate. Although obviously the debate would be poorer for the duration of your lengthy sentence (if caught)

12Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Empty Re: Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Mon Jan 07 2013, 12:39

summercummings

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Natasha Whittam wrote: Unless it directly effects us we simply don't care anymore. Society as a whole is in the gutter.

I agree with this and I'm as guilty as anyone. We have become scared to stand up to the erosion of society...no one wants to be the one who makes a stand. The lack of media attention on the Lopez dive is a sad reflection of their standards.

13Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Empty Re: Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Mon Jan 07 2013, 13:09

Football is as corrupt as any business out there. Long may it continue.

14Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Empty Re: Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Mon Jan 07 2013, 13:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

summercummings wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote: Unless it directly effects us we simply don't care anymore. Society as a whole is in the gutter.

I agree with this and I'm as guilty as anyone. We have become scared to stand up to the erosion of society...no one wants to be the one who makes a stand. The lack of media attention on the Lopez dive is a sad reflection of their standards.

Exactly. And nobody likes to whinge about it as much as Natasha. It is slightly disturbing to think that she is arguing against being able to have her own pleasures.

If she agrees with herself and puts her money where her mouth is, she'll never be heard of again.

I suspect that she'll either not agree with herself or not have the bottle to do what she suggests though.

15Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Empty Re: Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Mon Jan 07 2013, 13:13

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bolton Hater wrote:Football is as corrupt as any business out there. Long may it continue.

Fuck off

16Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Empty Re: Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Mon Jan 07 2013, 13:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

If she agrees with herself and puts her money where her mouth is, she'll never be heard of again.

I suspect that she'll either not agree with herself or not have the bottle to do what she suggests though.

It's like coming off drugs. You know they're bad for you but you've been hooked for so long you can't do without them.

I used to go to every game, literally every game home and away. Then I stopped doing friendlies. Then meaningless cup games. Then some away games. Then most away games. Maybe next season I'll stop going to home games.

17Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Empty Re: Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Mon Jan 07 2013, 13:21

i only started following football a couple of years ago so i guess i've known nothing but the controversy and cheating. i must admit i often scream at the tv when i see a manager talking absolute bollocks in defence of his own players. that malkey mckay courgae bollocks was laughable.

18Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Empty Re: Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Mon Jan 07 2013, 13:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At the end of the day, managers are employees as well. Whatever they make privately it wouldn't do to be seen slagging off your own players in public.

Phil Brown learned the hard way after his impromptu half time team talk on the pitch.

19Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Empty Re: Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Mon Jan 07 2013, 13:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

It's like coming off drugs. You know they're bad for you but you've been hooked for so long you can't do without them.

I used to go to every game, literally every game home and away. Then I stopped doing friendlies. Then meaningless cup games. Then some away games. Then most away games. Maybe next season I'll stop going to home games.

And there you have it. You've answered your own question.

20Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Empty Re: Cheats, Frauds & Arseholes Mon Jan 07 2013, 13:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:At the end of the day, managers are employees as well. Whatever they make privately it wouldn't do to be seen slagging off your own players in public.

There's defending your players and there's describing them as courageous. I'll guarantee you if fat Malky MacKay had been to Iraq he wouldn't be describing a trip to Macclesfield as courageous.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum