Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Teachers: Money Obsessed Arseholes?

+12
Soul Kitchen
Lyric Todkill
Spirit of 58
Reebok Trotter
gloswhite
Reebok_Rebel
scottjames30
rammywhite
Bernard Dennis Park
wanderlust
summercummings
Natasha Whittam
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Teachers: Money Obsessed Arseholes? Empty Teachers: Money Obsessed Arseholes? Mon Mar 18 2013, 13:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Teachers have voted to go out on strike again in the near future with a series of one day stikes during the Summer term.

Are they justified in strike action or should they suck it up like everyone else working in the public sector?

summercummings

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

The only people a strike really effects are parents, I don't really see how striking can get the teachers what they want in this case. Teachers will quickly lose any public support if they strike.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They can cause more disruption than the railway workers. Used to hate having to make alternative arrangements for childcare.

summercummings

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

wanderlust wrote:They can cause more disruption than the railway workers. Used to hate having to make alternative arrangements for childcare.

I agree, but a couple of days of having to skip work or find alternative childcare will soon make teachers Public Enemy No 1.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:Teachers have voted to go out on strike again in the near future with a series of one day stikes during the Summer term.

Are they justified in strike action or should they suck it up like everyone else working in the public sector?

Isn't your sister a teacher? Is she going to strike?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:

Isn't your sister a teacher? Is she going to strike?[/quote]

I haven't spoken to her, but I very much doubt it.

I hope they strike.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Why should they be treated as a special case and get higher wage rises than others in the public sector?
It's not like they're doing anything that's immediately in the national interest. It simply blackmails parents.

I have two children in primary school and the only person this strike will bother is me. David Cameron won't bat an eyelid if they strike for a whole month.

I'm not saying teaching is an easy job, but you know the pay structure before you sign up, it's too late to start moaning now. Teachers are no more important than any other worker, so they should definitely "suck it up".

10Teachers: Money Obsessed Arseholes? Empty Re: Teachers: Money Obsessed Arseholes? Mon Mar 18 2013, 16:59

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Where have my posts gone ?

11Teachers: Money Obsessed Arseholes? Empty Re: Teachers: Money Obsessed Arseholes? Mon Mar 18 2013, 17:07

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck me, I must be stoned.

I'm sure i just posted some shit on here.

12Teachers: Money Obsessed Arseholes? Empty Re: Teachers: Money Obsessed Arseholes? Mon Mar 18 2013, 17:08

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You did.

13Teachers: Money Obsessed Arseholes? Empty Re: Teachers: Money Obsessed Arseholes? Mon Mar 18 2013, 18:13

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Rammy - correct, the education of our youth is not really anything important.

14Teachers: Money Obsessed Arseholes? Empty Re: Teachers: Money Obsessed Arseholes? Mon Mar 18 2013, 18:21

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Its because so many people are prepared to 'suck it up' that this government are getting away with blue murder. Imagine what they will bring in next, because nobody challenges them? I bet they are watching the situation in Cyprus with interest, and no doubt, whatever happens, we will have to pay for it. Just because you are safe now, and in a job, don't think it can't change at any time.

15Teachers: Money Obsessed Arseholes? Empty Re: Teachers: Money Obsessed Arseholes? Mon Mar 18 2013, 18:40

teachers are paid a pittance considering the amount of abuse they have to put up with.

16Teachers: Money Obsessed Arseholes? Empty Re: Teachers: Money Obsessed Arseholes? Mon Mar 18 2013, 18:41

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ken Dodd had the right idea.

17Teachers: Money Obsessed Arseholes? Empty Re: Teachers: Money Obsessed Arseholes? Mon Mar 18 2013, 18:55

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Rammy - correct, the education of our youth is not really anything important.

RR- read it again- and you'll find the word 'inmmediately' in there. I've been involved with 'the education of our youth' at university level for over thirty years- and there is plenty of value in this business long term. But nothing in there is of immediate concern- the country won't collapse if teachers go on strike for a month. If the police,fire and rescue service or medical staff did- then the country would suffer.
That's what the word 'immediate' usually means to those who can read and understand things properly

18Teachers: Money Obsessed Arseholes? Empty Re: Teachers: Money Obsessed Arseholes? Mon Mar 18 2013, 22:38

Spirit of 58

David Lee
David Lee

Reebok Trotter wrote:Ken Dodd had the right idea.

What was that?

19Teachers: Money Obsessed Arseholes? Empty Re: Teachers: Money Obsessed Arseholes? Mon Mar 18 2013, 22:59

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:teachers are paid a pittance considering the amount of abuse they have to put up with.

They can fuck right off

Attention-seeking, selfish, lazy half wits

20Teachers: Money Obsessed Arseholes? Empty Re: Teachers: Money Obsessed Arseholes? Mon Mar 18 2013, 23:00

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

summercummings wrote:The only people a strike really effects are parents, I don't really see how striking can get the teachers what they want in this case. Teachers will quickly lose any public support if they strike.

Did you make English lessons?!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum