Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Teachers: Money Obsessed Arseholes?

+12
Soul Kitchen
Lyric Todkill
Spirit of 58
Reebok Trotter
gloswhite
Reebok_Rebel
scottjames30
rammywhite
Bernard Dennis Park
wanderlust
summercummings
Natasha Whittam
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As A kid I was always crap at Maths. I just didn't find it interesting until 6th grade when we got taught maths by a Mrs Vickery. She was a brilliant teacher who managed to make the subject really interesting and was very patient. If it wasn't for her then I would never have got my O level in Maths. I know there are a lot of crap teachers out there but equally there are just as many good ones who are passionate about the subject they teach and see teaching as a vocation rather than just a job.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok_Rebel wrote:I stole this off the BEN website - its true though.

If it was any of your wages/conditions/pensions getting cut you wouldn't be as forthcoming with calling them all wankers...

"Its about their pay and about their pension.
If it happened to you, as to what is being proposed what would you do, just accept it and think yeah well the country is in trouble and I don't mind having some of my pay and pension being taken off me??
That's exactly the problem across public services.
it is not about the public because as a country we have forgotten what public service is all about."

Shocked Shocked Shocked

RR please name the poster....... (it was me!)

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Nat, sometimes, you talk utter shite, and this is one of those times. How many public servants do you actually know? Why do you think they are all fat, lazy and overpaid with a 'golden' pension? Get the facts right before you spout any more rubbish on here. There are tens of thousands of hard working public servants out of work, because the greedy 'private sector' bankers took the countries money, including your pension pots, and blew it all away. Public Servants have traditionally, been lower paid than the private sector, and accepted this because of the security of the job. This has all gone. They do pay towards their pension, in the region of 6%, depending on the scheme, and final day schemes are no longer used, or are in the process of changing, other than for those who have paid into them all this time, and up to a specific cut-off date. So bear in mind you aren't keeping the public servants in clover with your massive payments, they are probably paying as much as you. There are many public servants who have paid more, and put more into this country, than you have.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:I would be pissed off if someone told me I had to work longer for a smaller pension, but it doesn't change the fact that in 2013 the taxpayer should not be funding the pensions of public sector workers. They should have to make their own arrangements like everyone else.

But one should not break a contract that is already in place, like teh Government have done with all other public sector workers - inlcuding those in the armed services who are not allowed to strike!!!

Even in the Private Sector those already on Final Pay Pensions are still on it and their pensions contracst have not been stolen/broken. All that has happened in the Private Sector is that they have closed various pension funds to new staff - that is what should have happened in the public sector!!!

Oh, and by the way the more the Government cuts jobs in the Private Sector means the more the Government has to borrow due to more people claiming benefits - only the deficit has been reduced but the National Debt and borrowing is at its highest it has ever been and increasing by the day!!!

Unfortunately I feel sorry for those people, 2000 to be exact, losing their jobs at Astra Zeneca in Alderley Edge, but I cannot help but laugh out loud, very loud, considering its happened in George Osbourne's constituency!!! How is he going to hide that?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Quote Nat: "I agree it isn't fair to move the goalposts regarding pensions, but sometimes tough decisions have to be taken for the greater good."
Quote me: "Erm...fuck that."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum