Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton

+25
Sgt. Bash
Sluffy
observer
rammywhite
Quent
summercummings
Tigermin
JonnyRandom
Angry Dad
BoltonTillIDie
MartinBWFC
doffcocker
Culcheth_White
Reebok Trotter
Reebok_Rebel
jayjay23
Bolton Nuts
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
bwfc71
Lofty_Love
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

101Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19 2013, 19:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Yet you thought we'd lose 4-0 so surely its a point gained?

What does Watford have to do with palace away?

Of course we should look to win every game, but there are different ways of doing that. One of which is to keep it tight at the back and try and nick a goal.

We got halfway to that today, and although we couldn't nick a goal, keeping a clean sheet away from home is something this squad has rarely achieved.

Because Watford are in the last play-off place. 10 points ahead of us at 3pm, 12 points by 5pm.

If you've written this season off then fine, but I don't see how a club who was in the PL a few months ago can give up so easily. A run of victories could still see us challenge. Look at Burnley for example.

102Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19 2013, 19:25

summercummings

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I agree with Natasha on this one, it was definitely two points dropped with Watford winning.

Teams have closed wider gaps in the past, but we aren't going to do it being happy with a 0-0 draw. Draws away from home are only worth something if you can win at home. We clearly can't.

With 20 minutes left we should have had Sordell and Craig Davies on. I'm amazed Freedman is still picking Ngog with his goal ratio.

103Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19 2013, 19:29

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

Well said.

Most of those who predicted a loss are still not happy that we got a draw against a side having a very good season, and as you say a first clean sheet of the season away from home.

And we did all that without our better players.

But we're fucking Bolton Wanderers! We shouldn't be going into games with the likes of Crystal Palace setting up a team to draw 0-0. We should be going down there to win.

This is why we are where we are, because the players share your arrogance and think that because they have played in the premier league that all they have to do is turn up at the games.

104Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19 2013, 19:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

This is why we are where we are, because the players share your arrogance and think that because they have played in the premier league that all they have to do is turn up at the games.

What utter bullshit. It's the managers job to motivate the players and make them confident enough to go to places like Palace and play confident football.

Colin Todd did it when we got relegated, I don't ever remember going to places like Palace and playing for a draw.

By setting up to draw 0-0 he's basically saying to the players you're not good enough to win here.

105Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19 2013, 19:34

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

'74 - 'but it's your opinion'

Of course it's my opinion. No one else's is it.

This is what these forums are all about. No one's right. No one's wrong. It's all opinions

When I made my comment about playing the best players I was referring to the best players available. I thought this would have been obvious. Apparently not.

We are in dire need of additional good/halfway decent defenders. If Ricketts isn't fit then the situation is all the more desperate. What has the manager done in the last two weeks to address this problem?

Sordell isn't injured, just maybe not enough time on the pitch. So what does Freedman do?

I'm with Nat on this. We are Bolton Wanderers. Last season in the Prem and we have more or less the same squad. We shouldn't be going to Selhurst Park hoping for a draw.

What did the chairman say at the start of the season about our aspirations?

Do not settle for mediocrity because if you do, what do you think you'll get.

106Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19 2013, 19:36

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Yet you thought we'd lose 4-0 so surely its a point gained?

What does Watford have to do with palace away?

Of course we should look to win every game, but there are different ways of doing that. One of which is to keep it tight at the back and try and nick a goal.

We got halfway to that today, and although we couldn't nick a goal, keeping a clean sheet away from home is something this squad has rarely achieved.

Because Watford are in the last play-off place. 10 points ahead of us at 3pm, 12 points by 5pm.

If you've written this season off then fine, but I don't see how a club who was in the PL a few months ago can give up so easily. A run of victories could still see us challenge. Look at Burnley for example.

Had Freedman gone for it with 20 minutes to go and we'd ended up losing, you'd now be on here banging on about how we have another clueless idiot exactly the same as Owen Coyle etc etc etc.

The fact of the matter is, regardless of what happens with Bolton you moan about it, everyone is shit and ultimately a waste of space.

You spent the whole match writing booooo, dougie's a prick, and freedman out, even if we had nicked a goal and won you'd find something to moan about!

107Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19 2013, 19:37

chipbutty wrote:'74 - 'but it's your opinion'

Of course it's my opinion. No one else's is it.

This is what these forums are all about. No one's right. No one's wrong. It's all opinions

That's exactly what I said, it's your opinion.. I don't understand the issue to be honest.

108Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19 2013, 19:42

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 wrote:
chipbutty wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
chipbutty wrote:"And we did it without our better players".

Errr ........ we didn't have to be without our better players. We only were because our idiot manager thinks it's better not to play them.

So you'd have played Wheater, Holden and Mavies then? Despite none of them being fit? Bizarre.

Lonegan, Ricketts, Sordell.

You may be happy with the way manager arses about with the team, I am not.

Ricketts was injured.Sordell isn't fit enough apparently.

Lonergan I'd like to see play too, but considering we kept a clean sheet there can be few complaints.

I'm not sure if any of those three can be classed as our best players considering the amount of games they've played this year, but its your opinion.
Considering Bogs spilled on in front and we were only saved by the flag, then Lonergan has earned his stripes for first team squad.

109Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19 2013, 19:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

110Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19 2013, 19:45

observer wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
chipbutty wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
chipbutty wrote:"And we did it without our better players".

Errr ........ we didn't have to be without our better players. We only were because our idiot manager thinks it's better not to play them.

So you'd have played Wheater, Holden and Mavies then? Despite none of them being fit? Bizarre.

Lonegan, Ricketts, Sordell.

You may be happy with the way manager arses about with the team, I am not.

Ricketts was injured.Sordell isn't fit enough apparently.

Lonergan I'd like to see play too, but considering we kept a clean sheet there can be few complaints.

I'm not sure if any of those three can be classed as our best players considering the amount of games they've played this year, but its your opinion.
Considering Bogs spilled on in front and we were only saved by the flag, then Lonergan has earned his stripes for first team squad.

I was only listening to the wanderers player commentary, but the guy on there said it was a really good save from Bogdan at full stretch (just what he said so don't slaughter me for it if its wrong!)

I'd prefer Lonergan to be given a go too, but for whatever reason he's still waiting, it didn't have any baring on the result this time though.

111Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19 2013, 19:56

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Not this time maybe but what about next time Freedman picks him (as he will).

What about Reilly and Sordell. What must they be feeling when they have to sit and watch.

Anyway, that's it from me. Taxi waiting.

112Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19 2013, 19:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Had Freedman gone for it with 20 minutes to go and we'd ended up losing, you'd now be on here banging on about how we have another clueless idiot exactly the same as Owen Coyle etc etc etc.

The fact of the matter is, regardless of what happens with Bolton you moan about it, everyone is shit and ultimately a waste of space.

You spent the whole match writing booooo, dougie's a prick, and freedman out, even if we had nicked a goal and won you'd find something to moan about!

I disagreed big time with the initial team, but if he'd kept it tight for 70 minutes then gone for it and lost I'd have been pissed but I wouldn't have blamed the manager.

It was different last season under Coyle, away points DID count because we didn't need that many to stay up.

113Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19 2013, 20:14

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Its alright saying we were Premier League and were Bolton Wanderers, but the fact is we weren't good enough by a long chalk, to stay in the top flight. We were shite, and were still recovering, thinking that the mighty Bolton Wanderers has an automatic claim to points and superb performances, is unrealistic. Look at our playing stock and consider what we can do, not who we were or where we played. Nat, I can understand your frustration, but criticising at every oportunity doesn't help.

114Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19 2013, 20:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Its alright saying we were Premier League and were Bolton Wanderers, but the fact is we weren't good enough by a long chalk, to stay in the top flight. We were shite, and were still recovering, thinking that the mighty Bolton Wanderers has an automatic claim to points and superb performances, is unrealistic. Look at our playing stock and consider what we can do, not who we were or where we played. Nat, I can understand your frustration, but criticising at every oportunity doesn't help.

It doesn't matter how good we are/were. We are still Bolton Wanderers, we play to win every match. I will never accept my team playing for a 0-0 draw.

Shameful.

115Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19 2013, 20:39

Natasha Whittam wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Its alright saying we were Premier League and were Bolton Wanderers, but the fact is we weren't good enough by a long chalk, to stay in the top flight. We were shite, and were still recovering, thinking that the mighty Bolton Wanderers has an automatic claim to points and superb performances, is unrealistic. Look at our playing stock and consider what we can do, not who we were or where we played. Nat, I can understand your frustration, but criticising at every oportunity doesn't help.

It doesn't matter how good we are/were. We are still Bolton Wanderers, we play to win every match. I will never accept my team playing for a 0-0 draw.

Shameful.

You make it sound like we had 11 men behind the ball and just parked the bus, we had more shots than them and more on target.

Palace came closer but we were still a threat.

116Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19 2013, 20:49

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure Natasha agrees, she's just looking for a reaction as per.

117Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19 2013, 21:51

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

From the match report and the views of the Sky Sports reporter at the game it seems that we had chances to come away from this game with 3 points. Eagles had a chance in the 1st minute and KD had 2 good opportunities, a header straight at the keeper and shooting over from close range, it doesn't sound like the team was set up to achieve a 0-0 to me.

It is sensible to be organised and restrict scoring chances for the home team and get a goal on the counter, our away record is so bad because we concede too many and have to score 2 or 3 to win. He did leave it late to change the front men, they should be given longer than the last 10 mins or so.

118Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19 2013, 22:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think we did badly today. A point away against a team in the top six is not to be scoffed at. Granted, I wouldn't have put the same team out as Dougie did, but I am not the manager.

We have no divine right to bounce back up, we have to grind out results. Not many teams have won at Palace this season and most posters on here predicted we would lose!

119Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19 2013, 22:26

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

SKD misses a sitter from 5 yards out with minutes to go,old boy was probably to tired ! Ngog ( our most skillful forward since Anelka ) comes on with C.Davies with 5 mins left ??? and Sordell doesnt get a look in,!! will not watch Douggies match interviews as I might kick the telly in !!! Will be there next week as usual guessing with everyone else in Scotts what the starting line up will be and too a man all getting it wrong again !!!!!

120Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19 2013, 22:32

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Tigermin wrote:SKD misses a sitter from 5 yards out with minutes to go,old boy was probably to tired ! Ngog ( our most skillful forward since Anelka ) comes on with C.Davies with 5 mins left ??? and Sordell doesnt get a look in,!! will not watch Douggies match interviews as I might kick the telly in !!! Will be there next week as usual guessing with everyone else in Scotts what the starting line up will be and too a man all getting it wrong again !!!!!

Don't think there's going to be any guessing what the team will be tbh. Can't see it being much different to the one today

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum