Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup)

+20
Bernard Dennis Park
jayjay23
damon3269
doffcocker
Sluffy
JonnyRandom
Hipster_Nebula
chipbutty
terenceanne
Tigermin
NickFazer
BoltonTillIDie
JakeSnake
Reebok Trotter
Sgt. Bash
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

81Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) Sun Jan 27 2013, 15:52

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I thought we scored the goal of the game yesterday, great movement and assist from Pratley with a great finish from Marv.

82Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) Sun Jan 27 2013, 17:23

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

aaron_bwfc wrote:I thought we scored the goal of the game yesterday, great movement and assist from Pratley with a great finish from Marv.
Imagine where we might be had we let Sordell start for us last Feb-May... probably would have stayed up. Now to fix the defense... really poor play at the end of the game.

83Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) Sun Jan 27 2013, 18:07

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:I think the consensus is that we have the makings of a good team. Add to that some new signings and the return of Wheater etc and we could be in good shape, even for the remains of this season. Plus we seem to be acquiring some talent for the future. All good, but now DF needs to start putting out the right players to do the job every week.

But what's he waiting for?

Like Coyle, Freedman's attitude appears to be "if in doubt, play Kevin Davies."

All the while, the likes of Sordell have missed out on the stability they need.

No complaints about yesterday's performance.

Lonergan - Played as well as could realistically be expected.
Ream - Composed as usual. Is that potentially his downfall? Had he acted with panic and urgency for the second goal, we'd have earned a replay.
Knight - Shaky at times, but reasonable enough on the whole.
Ricketts - Decent both defensively and offensively.
Alonso - Virtually faultless performance.
Vela - Breath of fresh air. Here, there and everywhere and passed it round brilliantly.
Spearing - Protected the back four well.
Pratley - Constantly drifted into useful attacking positions and linked up well from them.
Eagles - Too often absent and too many half-hearted tackle attempts, though he shouldn't have been brought off for Afobe.
Lee - At his best for periods.
Sordell - He creates space for himself and his touch is often sublime.

It could be a turning point, but won't be.

84Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) Sun Jan 27 2013, 18:31

How did Holden look when he came on?

85Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) Sun Jan 27 2013, 18:40

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:How did Holden look when he came on?

Rusty, but decent.

He passed it round well but looked a few matches away from full fitness.

86Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) Sun Jan 27 2013, 20:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

But what's he waiting for?

Like Coyle, Freedman's attitude appears to be "if in doubt, play Kevin Davies."

All the while, the likes of Sordell have missed out on the stability they need.

I agree, but it won't happen. If Dougie starts picking Sordell it's like admitting he was wrong. Coyle had exactly the same ego problems.

87Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) - Page 5 Empty doffcocker Sun Jan 27 2013, 21:38

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Pratley drifted in and out ?????
Tha guy has the spacial awareness of a lemming about to approach a cliff !! He was supposedly man marking Fellani yesterday , my Gran could have done a better job and shes with her maker !!!
Please please just watch him and him alone for 5-10 mins and you will see a complete and utter waste of a place in the team,he does absolutely rock all in any single area except wave his arms around pointing to someone else to cover up his fuck ups. I fail to see how people see something in this man,he is shite !!!!

88Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) Sun Jan 27 2013, 21:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tigermin wrote:I fail to see how people see something in this man,he is shite !!!!

Wanderlust/Reebok Trotter see the good in every player.

89Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) Mon Jan 28 2013, 00:53

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pratley wasn't that bad IMO - only eagles disappointed.

90Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) Mon Jan 28 2013, 12:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Tigermin wrote:I fail to see how people see something in this man,he is shite !!!!

Wanderlust/Reebok Trotter see the good in every player.

I do. And the bad. Which is what happens if you know about professional football.

91Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) Mon Jan 28 2013, 12:48

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Tigermin wrote:Pratley drifted in and out ?????
Tha guy has the spacial awareness of a lemming about to approach a cliff !! He was supposedly man marking Fellani yesterday , my Gran could have done a better job and shes with her maker !!!
Please please just watch him and him alone for 5-10 mins and you will see a complete and utter waste of a place in the team,he does absolutely rock all in any single area except wave his arms around pointing to someone else to cover up his fuck ups. I fail to see how people see something in this man,he is shite !!!!

Firstly did you not happen to see who made Sordells goal? It was a great ball into Sordell.

Second, how do you know who he was supposed to be marking, besides I wouldn't say Fellaini had a great game against us on Saturday looked rather poor IMO so if that was his job i'd say he did pretty well.

92Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) Mon Jan 28 2013, 12:50

I haven't seen the game, but it was a great run and ball from Pratley for Sordell's goal. He made a similar one to win the penalty against Sunderland.

Players running beyond from midfield is an area we have lacked badly in for a long time.

93Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) Mon Jan 28 2013, 12:59

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:I haven't seen the game, but it was a great run and ball from Pratley for Sordell's goal. He made a similar one to win the penalty against Sunderland.

Players running beyond from midfield is an area we have lacked badly in for a long time.

Do you see a place in the team for pratley with vela, Holden and mavies returning, aswell as spearing of course.

I think prats and Andrews are ok for back ups. Such a shame we didn't have dougie from the start of the season, I think he'd have took us straight back up.

94Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) - Page 5 Empty aaron bwfc Mon Jan 28 2013, 13:16

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sorry mate but thats what they used to say to defend Petrov,did you see that great cross ! Yep and the other 89 mins of shite as well. The guy couldnt hack it under Coyle and he brought him to the Reebok ffs !!!! If Holden Mavies Chungy and Eagles / Vela are fit he should not get a game !

95Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) Mon Jan 28 2013, 13:21

Tigermin wrote:Sorry mate but thats what they used to say to defend Petrov,did you see that great cross ! Yep and the other 89 mins of shite as well. The guy couldnt hack it under Coyle and he brought him to the Reebok ffs !!!! If Holden Mavies Chungy and Eagles / Vela are fit he should not get a game !

Never said he should get a game ahead of anybody. But it was a good run and good ball.

Most accounts of the game both in the press and from fans have said Pratley played reasonably well. I prefer to him Andrews.

Oh and the fact Coyle didn't play him means absolutely nothing, I'd ignore that in future.

96Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) Mon Jan 28 2013, 13:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Big positive that Vela has had a couple of good showings.

if he can cut it at champ level consistently thats a big bonus.

97Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) Mon Jan 28 2013, 13:52

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Pratley played ok on Saturday. He deserves a bit of credit for his improved performances imo.

Vela was superb after a slow start and I hope he plays again at the weekend.

98Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) Mon Jan 28 2013, 13:54

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The pratley bashing is just wrong.

He's improved greatly under DF, everyone can see it except Tigermin.

same with sordel.

99Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) Mon Jan 28 2013, 13:56

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Anyway, Nobody seems to have done it. so i will...

Welcome to the madhouse Tigermin... Laughing

100Bolton 1-2 Everton (FA Cup) - Page 5 Empty reebok rebel Mon Jan 28 2013, 16:27

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Cheers,nice to see such difference of opinions on individual players,team selection,manager etc etc !!!!! Pratley is a sore point Im afraid,running around like a headless chicken on speed doesnt mean he has had a good game. Now Petrov the peg seller has fckd off I reserve my frustration for Pratley,sorry if that upsets a few people but so be it,freedom of speech and all that shite !!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum