Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton set to sign Bolger!

+5
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton set to sign Bolger! Empty Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 12:37

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sky Sports understands Bolton have agreed a deal to sign Irish starlet Cian Bolger from Championship rivals Leicester City.

Bolger has played nearly 50 games on loan for Bristol Rovers over the last 18 months in three separate spells.

The 20-year-old impressed hugely whilst at the Memorial Stadium, and Rovers wanted him on a permanent basis and his performances caught the eye of other clubs.

Rovers failed with a bid earlier this month, and that alerted several Championship and League One clubs to his possible availability.

Now Sky Sports understands Bolton have won the race for his signature, after Leicester agreed terms for his departure.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Bolton set to sign Bolger! Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 12:44

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leicester don't want to keep hold of him, thats says alot. Hopefully dougie gets this right.

3Bolton set to sign Bolger! Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 12:49

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Just a guess but I reckon Eaves might have told Dougie about this lad from his time at Bristol.

4Bolton set to sign Bolger! Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 13:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Leicester don't want to keep hold of him, thats says alot.

Doesn't mean a thing. Anelka, Campo, Hierro, Djorkieff and Okocha were all rejects before they came to us.

5Bolton set to sign Bolger! Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 13:12

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

this will be another 'one for the future'

when the fuck are we going to sign a player for NOW?!

6Bolton set to sign Bolger! Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 13:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:this will be another 'one for the future'

When we win Euromillions. Didn't you know that the current squad were favourites for promotion this season? - The manager shouldn't have to sign players "for now" if they hadn't let OC and now DF down.

I'd rather wait a bit and see what happens with these cheap gambles than throw good money after bad on players like Andrews.

7Bolton set to sign Bolger! Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 13:21

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[quote="wanderlust"]
Boggersbelief wrote:Leicester don't want to keep hold of him, thats says alot. quote]

Doesn't mean a thing. Anelka, Campo, Hierro, Djorkieff and Okocha were all rejects before they came to us.

I don't think You can say those players were rejects, They were all world class players with champions league pedigree.

This is a lad who can't even get in the Leicester squad and will get nowhere near the level of the players you mentioned.

8Bolton set to sign Bolger! Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 13:22

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:

When we win Euromillions. Didn't you know that the current squad were favourites for promotion this season? - The manager shouldn't have to sign players "for now" if they hadn't let OC and now DF down.

I'd rather wait a bit and see what happens with these cheap gambles than throw good money after bad on players like Andrews.

So you would rather wait till we hit league one before panicking?

9Bolton set to sign Bolger! Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 13:30

How do you know? You've never seen him play.

I would love to know what your alternative is to signing decent young talent rebel. Who do you want the club to sign??? Another Matt Mills?

We don't have the money for anymore 'proven' players and all they have done is get us relegated.

We shouldn't even be loaning players according to you, it's a load of nonsense. Reserve judgement until you see him play.

10Bolton set to sign Bolger! Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 13:49

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:

I would love to know what your alternative is to signing decent young talent rebel. Who do you want the club to sign??? Another Matt Mills?

We don't have the money for anymore 'proven' players and all they have done is get us relegated.

We shouldn't even be loaning players according to you, it's a load of nonsense. Reserve judgement until you see him play.

He cant even make the bench at Leicester... he must be good then.

He is young - meaning he wont get a sniff at the first team yet.

We NEED players who are going to come in and improve the squad, apparently we NEED to get promoted - this is not the way to do it.

i Dont mind loans, I just think the club should be looking to improve our squad with players we own - not somebody else's.

I mean, what happens IF by some Miracle we gain a play-off spot and get promoted? all these loans will fuck off back to whence they came and we are left with fuck all - would you then want us to spend the money on trying to stay up, or be happy to see us relegated again due to refusing to spend money on any players.

Sorry, debt or no debt - staying up/pushing for promotion costs money.

Relegation is free...

11Bolton set to sign Bolger! Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 13:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

No, I want a manager who can pick up decent players who are ready for the first team.

The fact Leicester are happy to let him go doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Young does not necessarily mean good.

12Bolton set to sign Bolger! Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 14:02

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

But it means 'cheap'

BWFC and most of the fans we have to couldn't really give a shit how well we do think this is the most important thing.

I actually genuinely believe, by the way they go on, that some of our (older) fans actually want to go back to the former 4th div (League 2 now) days.

Ive agreed with Nat... :facepalm:

13Bolton set to sign Bolger! Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 14:05

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

We NEED players who are going to come in and improve the squad, apparently we NEED to get promoted - this is not the way to do it.

i Dont mind loans, I just think the club should be looking to improve our squad with players we own - not somebody else's.

I mean, what happens IF by some Miracle we gain a play-off spot and get promoted? all these loans will fuck off back to whence they came and we are left with fuck all - would you then want us to spend the money on trying to stay up, or be happy to see us relegated again due to refusing to spend money on any players.

Relegation is free...

Relegation is free? Are you delusional? If the club went down to league 1 we'd be royally fucked. Hence signing these players, I don't know what fans like you expect an endless stream of money to keep signing the same old 'proven' players, who you only want because you've heard of them?

This is the way to build a sustainably future, not some quick fix signing prem rejects like Stephen warnock, Keith Andrews, N'gog or people like Etuhu at Blackburn. It's just not feasible.

We aren't likely to go up this year, but from what I'm seeing we''re building a solid base for next year. Plenty of competition for places and its more than likely the likes of knight will be shipped out in favour of these young, cheaper, 'hungry' players.

We'll have Wheater and Dawson ready to go straight in, how many more do you think we need?

14Bolton set to sign Bolger! Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 14:08

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

But it means 'cheap'

BWFC and most of the fans we have to couldn't really give a shit how well we do think this is the most important thing.

I actually genuinely believe, by the way they go on, that some of our (older) fans actually want to go back to the former 4th div (League 2 now) days.

Ive agreed with Nat... :facepalm:

You and Nat agree on most things, I'm not sure why it's a surprise for you every time.

15Bolton set to sign Bolger! Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 14:09

Why do you think expensive players are better? Have you seem the shit we've signed over the last few years?

16Bolton set to sign Bolger! Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 14:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Relegation is free? Are you delusional? If the club went down to league 1 we'd be royally fucked. Hence signing these players, I don't know what fans like you expect an endless stream of money to keep signing the same old 'proven' players, who you only want because you've heard of them?

We aren't likely to go up this year, but from what I'm seeing we''re building a solid base for next year. Plenty of competition for places and its more than likely the likes of knight will be shipped out in favour of these young, cheaper, 'hungry' players.

We'll have Wheater and Dawson ready to go straight in, how many more do you think we need?

You seem to be equating good players to having to spend millions of pounds. There are plenty of good players out there at fair prices, it's a managers job to find these players and get them to Bolton.

Buying all these "development squad" players may come off but it's highly unlikely. If Leicester had seen anything in the latest one they wouldn't be letting him go. It really is that simple.

Two good signings that could go into the first team would be far better than buying ten youngsters with potential.

17Bolton set to sign Bolger! Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 14:12

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Relegation is free...

This is the way to build a sustainably future, not some quick fix signing prem rejects like Stephen warnock, Keith Andrews, N'gog or people like Etuhu at Blackburn. It's just not feasible.

You didn't get my point about relegation being free...

You agree relegation will fuck us.

But to prevent it, you have to have a squad capable of avoiding it - Ie, decent players.

These decent players cost money.

Thus, Dont spend, have a shit squad = Get relegated.

Also, all the players trotted out alongside this 'young and hungry' cliche is more bullshit, they will turn out like most of the youngsters we have signed over the years, out on loan before getting released. Kevin Nolan is the only product of the development squad in recent years to merit a mention, maybe Bogdan as well actually. 2 players, not a great return is it?

18Bolton set to sign Bolger! Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 14:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Why do you think expensive players are better? Have you seem the shit we've signed over the last few years?

That's down to having shit managers and shit scouts.

19Bolton set to sign Bolger! Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 14:13

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Two good signings that could go into the first team would be far better than buying ten youngsters with potential.

:clap:

20Bolton set to sign Bolger! Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 14:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I fucking hate some of you for making me agree with Rebel.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum