Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton set to sign Bolger!

+5
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Bolton set to sign Bolger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 14:16

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I fucking hate myself for agreeing with Nat.

22Bolton set to sign Bolger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 14:17

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Can I just hate you both?

Thank you.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

23Bolton set to sign Bolger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 14:21

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't we all just get along?

24Bolton set to sign Bolger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 14:22

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Two good signings that could go into the first team would be far better than buying ten youngsters with potential.

:clap:

Dawson and Wheater, 2 defenders to go straight in.

25Bolton set to sign Bolger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 14:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Wheater is already our player and Dawson is on loan.

They don't class as signings.

26Bolton set to sign Bolger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 14:24

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I already think Freedman is a lot better than Coyle.

Not difficult, I know.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

27Bolton set to sign Bolger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 14:32

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Wheater is already our player and Dawson is on loan.

They don't class as signings.

They class as 2 additions and improvements to the back 4. 2 players ready to go straight into the first team.

Don't talk such drivel.

28Bolton set to sign Bolger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 14:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
There are plenty of good players out there at fair prices, it's a managers job to find these players and get them to Bolton.

Who are these players you are referring to ?

29Bolton set to sign Bolger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 15:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All this talk about relegation and spending is irrelevant now. Fact is we have accumulated large debts which are made worse by the interest rate Eddie charges the club - the price we have to pay to ensure the debt isn't called in. This debt has accrued over years during which several managers had tenure.

It had to stop after the debt rose for several years in succession. If we'd thrown money at it whilst we were in the Prem we ran the risk of doing a Leeds or worse. By the time Coyle came in he had no choice but to try to rebuild with "ones for the future" and hope - yes hope - that the players we had would keep us up whilst younger players came through but the fact is our senior players let him down (exacerbated by injuries) and he ran out of time.

Nothing has changed. We're still up to our necks in debt, we still can't risk throwing money at the problem and we still have to buy "players with potential" in the hope that they'll come good sooner rather than later.

If it means another season or two in the Championship to get there, then so be it. At least we will still exist and have a more stable financial footing to build on.

30Bolton set to sign Bolger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 15:40

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"don't spend" - we did spend.

Go back and have a look at the players we signed in the last 4-5 years and tell me we "haven't spent"

31Bolton set to sign Bolger! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton set to sign Bolger! Tue Jan 29 2013, 18:37

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Clubs often agree to let players go if they can get 1st team football elsewhere, he may not want to go back to the stiffs or out on loan again and the club accepting that there are one or maybe two players for that position already are happy to let him go. It doesn't mean that he isn't good enough.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum