Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton to sign Liam Fontaine?

+2
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton to sign Liam Fontaine? Empty Bolton to sign Liam Fontaine? Mon Jul 28 2014, 21:57

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton are weighing up a move for former Bristol City defender Liam Fontaine, Sky Sports understands.

Fontaine is a free agent after leaving Bristol City earlier this summer following an eight-year spell at Ashton Gate.
The left-sided centre back has a wealth of experience at Championship level and was a member of the side that just missed out on promotion to the Premier League in 2008 when they lost the Championship play-off final to Hull.

The former Fulham man has made over 300 appearances in his career and came close to joining Southampton in the summer of 2011, but ended up staying at Bristol City.
The 28-year-old has now linked up with Bolton for training so that Dougie Freedman can cast an eye over him at close quarters.

If Fontaine impresses in training he could be offered a deal at the Reebok Stadium with Freedman keen to bolster his defensive options.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Bolton to sign Liam Fontaine? Empty Re: Bolton to sign Liam Fontaine? Mon Jul 28 2014, 21:59

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't we have enough centre backs now?

3Bolton to sign Liam Fontaine? Empty Re: Bolton to sign Liam Fontaine? Mon Jul 28 2014, 22:20

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Not left-sided ones. If Moxey gets injured (heaven forbid!) and Tierney isn't back, we'd be forced into playing one of our various CB/RB's at LB.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

4Bolton to sign Liam Fontaine? Empty Re: Bolton to sign Liam Fontaine? Tue Jul 29 2014, 09:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe Dougie will adopt a 8 1 1 system this season?

Joking.

5Bolton to sign Liam Fontaine? Empty Re: Bolton to sign Liam Fontaine? Tue Jul 29 2014, 09:11

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:Maybe Dougie will adopt a 8 1 1 system this season?

Joking.

I think your right. Provided we are at 0-0. 

Soon as a goal is scored, he will switch to a 10-0-0 formation...

6Bolton to sign Liam Fontaine? Empty Re: Bolton to sign Liam Fontaine? Tue Jul 29 2014, 10:19

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bristol city cast off, way to go Dougie???

7Bolton to sign Liam Fontaine? Empty Re: Bolton to sign Liam Fontaine? Tue Jul 29 2014, 10:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bryan458 wrote:Bristol city cast off, way to go Dougie???
Why are you laying the responsibility for our financial situation at Dougie's door Bryan?
Do you know something we don't?

8Bolton to sign Liam Fontaine? Empty Re: Bolton to sign Liam Fontaine? Tue Jul 29 2014, 15:42

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:
Why are you laying the responsibility for our financial situation at Dougie's door Bryan?

Only that Dougie is a piss poor manager, but we aint ever going to agree on that, you think he's the dogs bollock's, and I think he's a tool, nuff said!!!!!

9Bolton to sign Liam Fontaine? Empty Re: Bolton to sign Liam Fontaine? Tue Jul 29 2014, 16:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bryan458 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Only that Dougie is a piss poor manager, but we aint ever going to agree on that, you think he's the dogs bollock's, and I think he's a tool, nuff said!!!!!
Do I eckerslike think he's the mutz nutz - I just don't blame him for the situation he's inherited - unlike you apparently.

10Bolton to sign Liam Fontaine? Empty Re: Bolton to sign Liam Fontaine? Tue Jul 29 2014, 16:35

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

No I blame Darkside for that, I just think Dougie aint very good!!!!!

11Bolton to sign Liam Fontaine? Empty Re: Bolton to sign Liam Fontaine? Tue Jul 29 2014, 16:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bryan458 wrote:No I blame Darkside for that, I just think Dougie aint very good!!!!!
Fair enough.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum